Which Conmebol teams will be present in 2018

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Ezto, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I want to make a this thread a tradition on Bigsoccer. This time its Russia!
    Which Conmebol teams do YOU think will be in the next world cup?
    This OPINION thread is meant to be grave dug at a later date.
    I think that Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, and Paraguay (reprechaje) will be present.
    No offense to the teams that I haven't mentioned, its just my opinion.

2. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand

too soon

3. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I made the other one Oct 16 2009... it caught on :D.

4. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Love it.

Brasil
    Argentina
    Ecuador
    Chile
    Colombia

5. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    we should all know the following is going to happen

1-Brazil
    2-Argentina
    3-?
    4-?
    5-Uruguay

efernandez9, Guigs and Pablinsky repped this.
  6. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Brasil y Argentina seguros.
    Chile tiene una muy buena selección de presente y futuro, y además una muy buena Selección Sub20 (5a en el Mundial 2013).
    Uruguay necesita un recambio generacional, y lo tiene (Selección Sub20 Subcampeona del Mundial 2013).

Los demás está por verse, pero me parece que los colombianos necesitan actualizar sus defensas centrales (estarán demasiado viejos para el 2015-17).

No descarto a Ecuador, Venezuela ni Paraguay.

7. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I am not sure about Uruguay next time. They gotta kick Tabarez out if they want to qualify IMO.

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Colombia va depender mucho de lo que decidan que pase con su direccion tecnica.....

9. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    En Ecuador les aseguro que no veremos a Walter Ayovi ni a Segundo Castillo, dos de mis jugadores favoritos.
    de ahi, Los 2 centrales deberian llegar en buena edad, Montero y Caicedo llegarian al final de las eliminatorias con 28 y 29 anos, Valencia y Noboa con 31 y 32 pero yo en lo personal veo el recambio con jugadores como Ibarra, Rojas y Enner Valencia que sumaron muy buenos minutos, le tengo fe al equipo, lo que mas me preocupa es como el nivel de los rivales aumenta cada vez.
    sobre nuestro Tecnico, dudo que Rueda siga despues del mundial, es mas ya veo a Chiriboga llamando a Pinto :D
    su curriculum es perfecto para nosotros jajajaja, fracaso con Colombia, triunfo en Centro America y ha de ser barato, a match made in heaven jajajaja

10. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Th day that Tono Valencia retires will be a sad day , that guy really helped us out these qualifiers and imo he showed why deeserved to be captain, TBH I wouldn't mind seeing AGuinaga or Vizeuet back as coach after the World Cup if Rueda's contract ends. Vizeute had alot of bad luck on his side, but I think that with his experience at El Nacional and some u-20 experience under his belt he can be back at the reigns like no tomorow. And the one thing I can admit bothers me is that every team is getting stronger every qualfying campaign, and it seems like Bolivia and Venezuela can have their chance next campaign, and in terms of Paraguay who knows maybe they've reached their time of decline just like Colombia had theirs as well as Chile. But this competitveness doesn't seem good for us, which is why we need to work hard to maintain ourselves i nshape for next qualifiers so we don't we don't have a repeat of 2010 qualfying all over again. I could very well see Venezuela quafying next world cup, then again they've always had the potential, they just seem to self destruct when they need to really makde the important points..

barcelonista1981 repped this.
  11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    pinto seria pesima eleccion........su futbolito no da la talla para jugar estas eliminatorias.........de hecho ya habia fracasado en clasificar a costa rica antes.......rueda no fracaso con colombia, le dieron la elimiantoria con un punto de 12 (de esos 12 3 partidos de local), y terminamos eliminados por un punto de repechaje (hizo por hay 24 puntos) y en copa america nos llevo a semifinales.........pinto por su lado hizo un osos en la copa america donde colombia recibio 9 goles en 3 partidos, y metio 2............en eliminatorias ni hablar.....

por el bien de ecuador, ojala solo sea una idea loca tuya

12. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh I rememebr the Copa America 2007...I was embarassed of Ecuador's performance that cup until I saw Colombia play.. the 5-0 against Paraguay was just astonishing, not to mention the 3-1 lead Argentina had on you guys in the first half of their 4-2 defeat of you guys. I have to say that Colombian team was just plain bad, well R.I.P but I think the huge losses had alot to do with Miguel Calero is starting spot in net that cup, he seemed out of place and way too slow for the dynamic football of Argentina and Paraguay that cup. But karma was pretty good when Mexico hammered Paraguay 6-0 in the quarters LMAOO, couldn't believe how strong MExico were in that tournament with Neri Castillo and Omar Bravo upfront. I recall that after the Copa AMerica Calero retired and Agustin Julio became the main goalkeeper, whatever happened to Julio? Was he the second string goalkeeper for these qualifiers? I haven't seen him since 2008 i swear..:O

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    julio se retiro en el 2011 del futbol.....a sus 36 años, era un arquero veterano y bueno del fpc pero no era lo mejor de colombia.............uno de los factores del fracaso de pinto, fue como volvio a la seleccion un lugar donde cualquier jugador de medio pelo que jugaba bien el ultimo fin de semana era llamado: carmelo valencia, pepe portocarrero, walter moreno, steven velez, elvis gonzalez, roberto polo, milton rodriguez, nilson cortes etc etc.....jugadores que ni debes conocer, por que rara vez salieron del pais y de hecho hoy en dia muchos ni jueguen en primera division.....lo mas trsites es que era sobre jugadores como falcao, guarin etc

kromekote repped this.
  14. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I do believe Valencia will be a big part of the next qualifiers, It will be sad seeing his level slowly start dropping but at the same time I am excited about the player Renato Ibarra is becoming, he will own that right wing next qualifiers.
    Back on topic, I said it about this qualifiers, guys this is a long journey, keep in mind they start in a year (provided they keep the same fixture) there will be coaches getting fired, player injuries, players going through bad times, for us to qualify is key that we stay CONSISTENT specially at home, if you have altitude doesnt mean you'll win the game but you have altitude and a organized well shaped team and your odds start to look good.

15. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Does anyone else besides me see Venezuela making it next world cup? I've always thought they were a team chalked full of talent but they seem to follow the motto : "Jugamos como nunca, y perdemos como siempre". They always seem to prove their doubters wrong but at the same time they still lack a solid fight when they play as locals which I see as their biggest weakness. I think I've seen Venezuela waste so many points in qualifiers at home that could have easily given them 4th or el repchaje. Farias should definitely look into strengthening the team at home because they've dropped alot of valuable points there versus CHile, Ecuador, Uruguay, and Paraguay.

16. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    True, lets recall Colombia lost valuable points at home in Bogota in 2010 qualifiers versus Paraguay and Uruguay,altitude isj ust a minor role in the success of a team in my opinion definitely not the full picture. And I'm afraid to say but the success of CHile, COlombia and Venezuela and Peru and Bolivia quickly trailing behind could mean trouble for us if we don't maintain consistent next qualifiers. Which on a sidenote reminds me that I see a pretty big resurgence in Central America in soccer as well, it seems that their could be new contenders next World CUp with Panama, Nicaragua and even El Salvador, it would be pretty interestin to see those teams get invited to Copa America if they play at a healthy level like Honduras and Costa Rica. You agree?

17. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They are all improving, but so are we right? I mean we doing alright, I would love to have more players in Europe but as long as our players get good playing time wherever they are and come home to fight it out, I''m ok with that. lol, dude right now Chile and Colombia are powerhouses, they have the talent and the youth.
    CONCACAF? I think they have improved as well, I would leave them in their federation, I'm not a big fan of that uniting Conmebol/Concacaf thing, I mean they all want to play Copa America but never invite us for their cup, besides if they want to unite, put us all in a qualifier let the top 8 qualify directly :)

18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #18 pepinointer, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
    para mi venezuela hace mal con esos de insistir con tantos nacionalizados : amorebieta, los hermanos suizos esos......ahi vi que buscaban al colombiano copete de velez y parece que jeffren va a aceptar volver con el rabo entre las piernas, despues de darse cuenta que no esta para españa..........al mundial se clasfica con amor propio, no con intereses de jugadores para poder figurar en el ambito internacional..........ademas, de que estan produciendo talento propio muy bueno

una lastima que no se le haya podido dar la despedida a arango, que ecuador si le pudo dar a aguinaga llevandolo al mundial...........

19. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    De Acuerdo, otra cosa, en esta eliminatoria para mi quedo demostrado que Venezuela le cuesta mucho buscar el partido, la verdad son unos maestros en encerrarse, cerrar el partido en el medio y depender de los pelotazos buscando a Rondon, los disparos de larga distancia de Arango y mas que nada el balon parado. con esto le basto para de nuevo dar sorpresas, pero mostros seria debilidades cuando tenian la obligacion de ganar, los puntos que Chile, Uruguay, Ecuador y Paraguay le sacaron en Venezuela los elimina practicamente y los cuatro fueron partidos donde Venezuela fue el que quiso proponer,Farias hizo lo que pudo, en teoria el equipo lo construyes de atras para adelante, no les alcanzo.

20. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    \It's amazing what a chnage of coach coulddo to a team, Bollilo GOmez is COlombia and Borghi's Chile were inferior to what they are today. Chile under Borghi was an embarassement that couldn't even win a game as locals not to mention Colombia struggled the first few games of qualfying and in my mind looked like flops once again in qualfying to Brazil. They proved me wron considerign Paraguay started off on the righ foot and ended up oh so deep in thegutters. I'm not i nparticular abut all the talent being in teams that have all European based players but it would be nice to see our guys and future prospects get scouted by teams in European leagues more often, we have the talent for sure.

21. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    COmpletly agree, I was thiking that on final matchday of how heartbroken Arango must haveb een of never reaching the World Cup, that guy was a crack even up in his thrities, i definitely don't see him squeezing in one more world cup cycle at 33. I agree Venezuela has some very interesting future prospects in their youth, hopefully they can be Venezuela's saviours i ntheir first world cup qualification.

22. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I for one, liked Bolillos Colombia in Copa America, but Leonel Alvare's? that was cr@p

23. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agreed those loss ofp oints discarded them for sure, I noticed also that in the away games they pretty much bunkered and let themselves play only in their half of the field with very little offense, it's sad because after seeing Venezuela come 3-1 down i nthe 80th minute to tie 3-3 in 90 + versus Paraguay , I said damn these guys will be a huge threat against us these qualifiers but soon it became apparent that Venezuela still sinned by losing key points at home and not going out and looking for the game in key away games such as versus Chile and Argentina where they were thrashed 3-0. Oddly enough 2010 Venezuela looked alot better playing at home and much stronger away than this Venezuelan team.

24. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm still in utter shock of how bad Paraguay dug themselves these qualifiers, 4 years ago I wouldn't have saw that coming which just goes to show you Colombia , Ecuador and CHile are not guaranteed a right of way to the 4 direct spots in qualfying next series. Paraguay litterally went from almost semi finalists versus Spain to last place with 12 points in qualfying. I think if we want to keep our spot in qualfying next qualfiying rounds we need to keep rejuvinating the team with young talent as well as some experience guys. PAraguay suffered our fatein 2010 x10 magnitude by depending solely on veterans like Paolo Da Silva, Sanat Cruz and Haedo Valdez. I guess we can complain all we want about our team i n2010 but damn we never hitr rock bottom liek Paraguay did tank God. And it seems like Genes their new coach isn't going to make much of a difference this time around either, well we have to see what happens.

25. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I know Dude, but my advice is, enjoy the world cup for now, these next few months are awesome knowing we qualified and looking for friendlies, believe me this time a year from now, We ALL will be sweating these games all over again, lets just enjoy the next 8 months knowing we'll be playing this summer.:D