Which club would you prefer Ronaldinho Playing for in 2003/04

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by robinho17, Jul 18, 2003.

1. robinho17

robinho17 New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Australia
    There has been much gossip lately on the destination of Ronaldinho for later this yr. His most possible destination is Manchester United, he has been linked to clubs such as Barcelona, Real madrid and Chelsea. Tell me your views on which club would complement his skills the most. Will he adapt to the priemire league style of play..or is the La liga better suited?Manchester is signing kleberson..so he will have a brazilian team mate if the moves to manchester. Real madrid have said they dont need Ronnie until 2004 and can have PSG loan him for one more year.

2. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think it would be better for him to play in La Liga. I'm affraid that the EPL more physical could hurt his game.

Just compare to what happened to the brazilians that went to play in Bundesliga, where a similar style is played. While the defensive players return sharp and usually do well in the national team, the same thing cannot be said about the attacking players. They never fit in the seleção again.

But I could be wrong..

3. Jon Pall

Jon Pall Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington D.C/Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think Ronaldinho would fit nicely into Man U. He is so incredibely talented that he will make a mark in whatever league he plays in (so long as he is challanged). I would rather not see him in Madrid and their all-star team. Where would they play him. Barca would be a better option but they are not playing champions league soccer next season so that would turn Ronnie off ot them. I'd like to see him and Ruud Van Nistlerooy work together. I think Sir Alex really wants Ronaldinho for Europe and not so much for Premiership games. I predict though that Ronaldinho Gaucho will tear Europe and EPL apart. I expect Gaucho's signing to also allow Veron to play more of his natural role. In other words, Man U should take Europe by storm.

BTW MigKiller: I hardly think Elber, Amoroso, and Ze Roberto are of equal talent to Ronaldinho. Maybe they dont fit in the selecao because they are just not good enough.

4. Riotom9

Riotom9 Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Texas
    Given the amount of 'not good enough for the Selecao' players that have had a chance over the last 4 years, I'd hardly say it's about talent.

The Selecao underwent a drastic shift in style which basically focused on the midfield being squeezed into the middle - there hasn't been a dominating wide midfielder since I can remember - w/ Cafu and Robeto Carlos, the argument is you may nto need that. But that is one thing that has seriously limited Ze Roberto's role, because I don't think he is nearly as dangerous in the middle, where Luxemburgo played him. Plus he's struggled with form and injury.

I've never been a fan of Elber and Amoroso. Leading the german and Italian leagues in scoring defintely shows it isn't a lack of finishing talent. But they certainly do find a way to disappear in games for the Selecao, and I think stylistically they just don't match. I can't argue if it is anything to do with the BL, because I never saw them play before they went overseas...

5. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Another good thing about Ronaldinho not going to ManU is that Sir Alex Ferguson seems to be a pain in the a$$ when it comes to releasing players for the national team matches. We have already enough problems with that.

6. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So it's official now...

But will he play for Barça in the DC exhibition game? O Globo says maybe!!!

Give me a yes and I'll go!