Which AFC Teams Do You Think Will Qualify- Brazil 2014

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Terry Gyimah, May 22, 2010.

1. Terry Gyimah

Terry Gyimah New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    1) South Korea (Korea Republic)- By 2014, their team will be built around Ji-Sung Park, and let's not forget they have a great youth system with great youth players coming up the ranks whom by 2014 will be making their way into the national team, and with the right coaching, South Korea will be on pace to qualify for Brazil 2014 which will be their 8th World Cup in a row, and they could be threatening come 2014.

2) Australia- Best team in Asia, which by 2014 will be going through a rejuvenation of players led by Cahill who will be 35 by then, and Bresciano who will be 34 by then, but they have youth players coming into their team like Kennedy who will be one of their stars come 2014, but the Socceroos no way will they miss out on 2014 in Brazil

3) Japan- By then their team will be getting even more younger, but it will work to their advantage, as Japan has a great youth system, and they will have the hardened experience of going to the World Cup by then and will be more mature this next time around come 2014

4) Iraq- Asian Cup champions 2007, I see them qualifying for Brazil 2014 after their impressive showing back in the 2009 Confederations Cup, and back in the 07 Asian Cup, by then their squad will be full of hardened, seasoned veterans who will be able to qualify for Brazil 2014

5) Philippines or India- I really hope one of these teams, really really really really really hope and pray, really praying that one of these teams qualifies for Brazil 2014, because they are both teams after my own heart, either one qualifies from the Oceania playoff spot, please God

2. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LOL @ everything.

3. Terry Gyimah

Terry Gyimah New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    1) South Korea (Korea Republic)- By 2014, their team will be built around Ji-Sung Park, and let's not forget they have a great youth system with great youth players coming up the ranks whom by 2014 will be making their way into the national team, and with the right coaching, South Korea will be on pace to qualify for Brazil 2014 which will be their 8th World Cup in a row, and they could be threatening come 2014.

2) Australia- Best team in Asia, which by 2014 will be going through a rejuvenation of players led by Cahill who will be 35 by then, and Bresciano who will be 34 by then, but they have youth players coming into their team like Kennedy who will be one of their stars come 2014, but the Socceroos no way will they miss out on 2014 in Brazil

3) Japan- By then their team will be getting even more younger, but it will work to their advantage, as Japan has a great youth system, and they will have the hardened experience of going to the World Cup by then and will be more mature this next time around come 2014

4) Iraq- Asian Cup champions 2007, I see them qualifying for Brazil 2014 after their impressive showing back in the 2009 Confederations Cup, and back in the 07 Asian Cup, by then their squad will be full of hardened, seasoned veterans who will be able to qualify for Brazil 2014

5) Jordan- They have a great youth system with players coming into the team and by then their team will be 25+, good enough to qualify from the Oceania playoff spot

4. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    1) Turkmenistan By 2014 the Glorious Football Revolution unleashed by the late, great Turkmenbashi will be in full swing and the innate genius and talents of the Turkmen nation will flow into football like a mighty dam bursting to flood the parched deserts with dark, loamy, nutrient-rich mud.

2) India With the continued acceleration of cricket from Twenty20 to 5Five and finally SingleBall matches Indians will have much more time for other sports, from which Football can only benefit.

3) Denmark Following the Great Quake of 2013 plate tectonics will make continued participation of this nation in the UEFA confederation impossible by lodging it in the Himalayas. Still, Europe's loss is Asia's gain, right?

4) Macau
    This microstate is a football powerhouse, or it will be when the Ho family perfect their football betting formulas!

5) China
    Hey, it could happen.

6 people repped this.
  5. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    lmao :D:D:D

6. Terry Gyimah

Terry Gyimah New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    1) South Korea- The reason why I say them, is because they are just too good of an Asian team not to miss out on a World Cup as they have the most appearances out of any Asian team, and in 2014 with the team possibly being led by Ji-Sung Park, I still see them qualifying, and doing better in 2014, all depends on who they get in the 2014 draw.

2) Australia- The best team in AFC at the moment, as the Aussies (Socceroos) have too much talent on their team not to miss out on 2014 in Brazil, as Australia will probably have a team of seasoned veterans leading them like Cahill and Bresciano and up-and-coming stars like Kennedy coming into the team, so I see Australia easily qualifying for 2014.

3) India- My sentimental favorite to qualify, as I really really really really really really really reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hope and pray, pray that India qualify for Brazil 2014 because it cannot happen to a nicer country, as India are much too deserving, and I really want to see them shine on the big stage come 2014 in Brazil, that way Indians will start to cheer their national team in the World Cup for the first time, via play-off spot to qualify

4) Iraq- For the exact same reason as India as they are a sentimental favorite of mine and I really really really want to see them back at the World Cup for the first time since 1986, and because after their impressive showing back in the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup, I want to see Iraq qualify, really hope and pray Iraq does qualify.

5) Japan- Favorites to qualify for 2014, enough said, as they are probably the best, if not second best in Asia

1 person likes this.
  7. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    man you are so ridiculous

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really want Iran to qualify but it's really really really really really really really really really really not about what I think and hope.

Lets wait for this world cup to finish than we can start "discussing" the next one. ALSO INDIA!!!!!!!!!???????? Are you on crack? :D

8. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I appreciate the goodwill @ nimaa and Terry Gyimah. However, I don't see any way how India can qualify for WC 2010. Realistically speaking, we should learn from the Asian cup in 2011 and build on it. Then after a decent performance in the next 1-2 Asian cups, I'd be more confident of India's chances for qualifying for the WC.

9. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    No way man. Football may be improving in Jordan but they are still a ways away, and their current crop of players are not in their early twenties, they're pushing 30. If there is one team to watch it is Syria. They were cheated out of a place in the final round by UAE when they were up 2-0 (they needed to win by three clear goals to qualify) and the power generator for the stadium "mysteriously" went out causing a delay. When the power came back on Syria's momentum had subsided they ended up winning 3-1 and not qualifying. Syria hasn't lost a competitive match in two years and their domestic league is far more competitive and of better quality than Jordan's.

10. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    so you're actually taking this fool seriously?
    Any body that thinks Jordan, India and Philippines have a chance of qualifying for 2014, specially at the expense of countries like Saudi arabia, Iran, etc... should get his damn brain checked out.

11. Terry Gyimah

Terry Gyimah New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    But I have to be realistic now, enough fooling around, the countries who will qualify for Brazil 2014 realistically will be South Korea, Japan, Australia, and Iraq as now I believe Iraq can qualify for Brazil 2014. I mean Iraq, they are the defending champions of Asia, as they won the 2007 Asian Cup and nobody and I repeat NOBODY expected Iraq to win the Asian Cup, but they did, and Iraq were cheated out of a place in the World Cup by Qatar, however this next time around in 2014, will be a different story, as they will qualify. Iraq as well they had an impressive showing in South Africa in 2009 during the FIFA Confederations Cup, so off that alone as well as their Asian Cup title to their name, I say Iraq can be a dangerous threat to qualify come 2014, and if you believe me about Iraq, you will know that I am right.

Iraq I really want Iraq to qualify now, I really hope and pray Iraq can qualify for the World Cup for the first time since 1986 where they were in Mexico 1986.

To qualify as the 5th team using the Oceania play-off spot, will be New Zealand again as the Kiwis are a team that is on the rise in Asia/Oceania

12. Koreafan

Koreafan Member

Jan 1, 2010
    haha :D

13. Terry Gyimah

Terry Gyimah New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    1) South Korea
    2) Australia
    3) Japan
    4) Iraq
    5) New Zealand (via Oceania)

These are the teams out of Asia/Oceania that I think will qualify in 2014, South Korea because they are one of the best teams in Asia, and have top-quality players in their squad who play in European leagues in England, Germany, Italy, France, Scotland, Spain, etc., and South Korea have the most appearances at a World Cup by any Asian team with 7, 7 consecutive FIFA World Cups in a row (86, 90, 94, 98, 02, 06, and now 10) and I do not see that streak breaking anytime soon, 2014 South Korea are a sure bet. But altogether South Korea have 8 World Cup appearances to their name, 1954 being their first, and in 2014 should they qualify, they will have 9 appearances

Australia, the Socceroos are the best team in Asia, and have a good team, where in 2006 they made it all the way to the round of 16 but lost in controversial fashion to world champions Italy on a questionable call, and in the Asian Cup 2007 they went pretty far, and have top quality players in their lineup, Cahill will most likely lead them in 2014, along with Bresciano, and up-and-comers like Kennedy coming into the team, 2014 the Socceroos will qualify, and go far in 2014.

Japan as well have a good side, qualifying for 4 consecutive World Cups (1998, 2002, 2006, 2010) in a row, and that streak I don't see it being broken anytime soon, and Japan have world-class quality in their team, and in 2014 they will have youth & experience as they have a good youth team, with players who will be coming into the team.

Iraq 2007 Asian Cup champion, 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup participant, Iraq have a good team, with good players, and showed me that they have a quality side due to their performances of 2007 and 2009, and Iraq have a good youth side too, with players from that team coming into their team, and with a new coach, I say Iraq will do it in 2014.

New Zealand will be favorites to qualify from Oceania, and use that playoff berth to their advantage by using it to qualify again for 2014, as New Zealand actually have a great side, and good youth system of players

14. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    For someone who loves to make predictions you sure don't know much.
    Since their Asian Cup win IRaq has been going through a lot. I'm gonna let you read all about it yourself but unfortunately (the Iraqi team is the only Arab team I like) they won't get anywhere.
    And stop spamming

15. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    Terry Gyimah might just be our new legend on BigSoccer like that Thai poster who started like 23 threads everyday during the Asian Championship.Is that your real name?Your posting style reminds me of this song.Enjoy.

"Every other thread we go, every other forum

No matter where I go, I see the same post
    "

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOkChylzkFM"]YouTube- 2Pac ft Snoop Dogg,Nate Dogg & Dru Hill-All About You[/ame]

16. metalcafe123

metalcafe123 New Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Will you just stfu already..

17. Terry Gyimah

Terry Gyimah New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Okay, you have any better ideas as to which countries you think will qualify out of Asia/Oceania, if you do, I would love to hear them, and this is all opinionated, meaning all in your own opinion about which teams you want to see at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, making predictions about which teams you think can and will qualify for Brazil 2014

My picks are South Korea, Japan, Australia, New Zealand via Oceania, and Iraq, how about you, what do you got, who are your picks?

18. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia

That's the same thing someone said 4 years ago about N Korea qualifying in front of Iran and Saudi.:eek::D

19. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    North Korea was never India, Jordan or Philippines. Plus Iran and KSA sucked gigantic hairy balls this time. Playing North Korea was never an easy match for the top asian teams but if any of the top 6 play India you can expect a cricket score line.

20. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    How hard is it to understand??? The 2010 wc hasn't EVEN BEGUN!
    Make your thread again in 2 years time and you will get some proper answers.

21. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    No way :mad: :D

22. Abhik09

Abhik09 New Member

May 25, 2010
    kolkata
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    philippines have no chance,about jordan and india i would ask u to check ur brain first.....in football nothing is impossible,if cape verde can hold portugal to a 0-0 draw,then india can also beat saudi arabia and iran....i don't know if u hav noticed or not but indian defence is improving day by day...the last time i remember india being thrashed was way back in lebanon in 2010 wc qualifiers from then on india has never lost with a bigger margin...in few more years i see india returning to their past glory.......competing against the best in asia!

23. Abhik09

Abhik09 New Member

May 25, 2010
    kolkata
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    we will see at asian cup 2011 where india face australia,south korea and bahrain....if india manages to reach quaterfinals.......then i think we can expect something from india in 2014 wc qualifiers

24. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Listen bud, it's good to be proud but you're being down right silly. Imagine me doing what you're doing about Iran's cricket team (do we even have a cricket team? :D).
    I think I am the only non Indian here that has watched an Indian league game and let me tell you man, the team I play at could play in India's league.

The players I saw weren't fit, there were no tactics, passing was slow and the game in general was amateurish. No way India can even get a single point from anybody in the Asian cup.

25. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You are right. It is good to be proud, but that shouldn't cloud rational judgment. I also agree with you on the state of the NT in comparison with the others in the Asian Cup group. I hope for a good display. Losing by 2 goals and I'd still be happy with my team. Because this is where Indian football starts again. We will only learn from this experience.

On the other part of your post I completely disagree. The league is professional. I don't know what you watched. Which game specifically did you see? I don't know how good/bad a player you are, but the club's selection criteria is quite stringent these days.