Where Will Van Der Vaart End Up?

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Ronaldo07, Mar 3, 2005.

1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty sure he's been healthy all season, minus a small niggle here and there. Sneijder seems to cover more ground than VDV, is definitely quicker on the ball as well.

2. dwbakker

dwbakker New Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Sarnia, ON
    Chelsea, but only if Hiddink stays.

3. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How about... Bayern?? They can do a Ribery-VdV swap. Obviously Bayern needs to cough up extra money for the swap..

4. Oranje23

Oranje23 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Victoria, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Doubt Arsene would make a push for him, but I would love to see VdV play at Arsenal. I realize with Arshavin, Nasri and Cesc, there's not much need for Rafa but he would fit into the team very well otherwise.

5. psv88

psv88 New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    New York
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    you mean have him go to a team where he is not needed...isnt that the problem now?

6. Oranje23

Oranje23 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Victoria, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I just said I'd love to see him play there, as I'm a Gunners fan and I think he'd fit into their style of play. I don't think it's the most ideal situation for him, it's more of just a dream of mine.

There's not as much competition for a player of Rafa's calibre at Arsenal than there is at the Bernibeau.

Imagine this:
    -------------RvP------------

-------------VdV------------

Nasri Denilson Cesc Arshavin

7. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Arsenal would be nice in theory, but they already have so many good offensive midfielders. I mean, they've Rosicky, Eboue and Diaby as well! IF VdV leaves this summer it's going to be for a top 4 team where he'll get regular playing time, as he wants to go to the World Cup next year. Maybe he should go for a second striker role in a team playing 4-4-2, that's where he has seen most success.

8. psv88

psv88 New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    New York
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Eh...Rosicky hasnt played in 1.5 years and Eboue good? really? REALLY?

9. Oranje23

Oranje23 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Victoria, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Eboue was passible at full back, but I can't stress enough how much I hate him in the midfield.

10. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Rosicky will be back (or not? dunno really.. he's still with Arsenal right?) and Eboue is getting playing time and he's scoring goals. Point is, Arsenal could probably field a team just with midfielders....

11. psv88

psv88 New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    New York
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Have you seen the goals he has scored? Eboue constantly gives the ball away, terrible passes, gets caught in possession alot...he has had a few good games. in general he misses alot of sitters, alot...and almost all arsenal fans hate him. like 95%

12. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I like Eboue and I think he is a great option to have off the bench. If he wants to be a starting player he needs to move to a different club. I have no problem seeing him get starts when half of Arsenal's midfield inevitably breaks down from injuries.

Arsène is a glutton for central attacking midfielders but I feel like he just spent a bunch of money on Arshavin and now needs to fill another need which is for a midfield badass destroyer to protect the back four. Don't see Van der Vaart going to Arsenal.

13. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Don't get me wrong, it'd be great if VdV transfers to Arsenal, but he has more chance of playing regularly at Real Madrid (remote as it is) then at Arsenal. I really think Bayern would do nicely for him, he knows German football, and Ribery and possibly Van Bommnel will go at the end of this season.

14. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wenger is already getting stick as it is for buying smallish attacking midfielders... I agree his next midfield signing will be a Makelele/Essien/Senna/Sissoko type player.

15. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    or Dembele--

but they have so many of those young kids already--I think they need maturity

why doesn't he grab an established midfielder--like Essien or Makele--Van Bommel

16. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    As long as he stays away from Eyong Enoh!

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Raffie didn't look very happy sitting today's match out. I don't think Van Marwijk fancies him and his current club status isn't helping. Maybe he should come back to Ajax.

18. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    :D

People need to stop teasing this isn't going to happen!

(but of course I secretly cross my fingers behind my back)

19. magzarelli

magzarelli New Member

Mar 31, 2009
    I think he should go to Arsenal if he choose to play in England otherwhise i think Inter need a player like him.

20. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think Hiddink wants him to replace Deco and come play for Chelsea. If madrid gets Fabregas he has to look out for himself and go to a beautiful club as Chelsea.

21. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Chelsea does not strike me as a beautiful club. More like the McDonalds of football.

22. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They pay good money, but how sounds Bayern to you? Ribery to Madrid, he goes to bayern in a swap. He can become best friends with Schweinsteiger. I'm so glad i can type that name down, love that name.

23. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I like Bayern much more than Chelsea. When they think that Malouda is a better option than Robben, I can't have any love.

24. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I'll take him.

He's thrice the player he was when he left and his passing game is awesome. But chances are slim.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for Suarez to stay and us to make it into the CL. I love the UEFA Cup, great competition, but Ajax needs to play CL.

For the cash, the prestige and the development of our younger players. It's clear that they learned a lot in this years UEFA games. Most of all to fight. And they can.

So I'm all up for a little CL adventure. That should start in about two hours ;)

25. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think maybe he should go back to germany, or possibly go to a team like Aston Villa.. theyre stealing 4th place from arsenal right now.. and are imho the better of the two teams.. arsenal are over rated.. and have been for a while now.. vill ahave a good young team with pace and skill.. he would slot in nice.. but ofcourse.. just come back to ajax.. :p