Where should the next GC be played?

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by MoRado, Jul 17, 2009.

?

where should the next GC be played?

Poll closed Mar 9, 2011.
  1. Mexico

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Canada

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Costa Rica + Panama

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Guatemala + Honduras

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jamaica+ Trinidad & Tobago

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other, please name it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    EEUU is not an option

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Costa Rica would be a good option.

3. AMAPO

AMAPO Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Krypton City
    Club:
    Laredo Heat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    other... a manmade island in the middle of the gulf of mexico. :)

4. Soccerprep

Soccerprep Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Lafayette, LA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    somewhere that does not include any fields with artificial turf.

Concacaf should mandate that with the US also.

5. Bonus_Game

Bonus_Game Member

Sep 30, 2007
    San Francisco
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It should be tried in Canada and Mexico before going to places like Costa Rica and Jamaica.

6. AMAPO

AMAPO Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Krypton City
    Club:
    Laredo Heat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the Canada option better since it would be like playing in neutral ground

7. zenryan

zenryan Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Orlando,Fl

I agree. No reason some of the games here in the US are being played on field turf.

This is the reason why I didnt vote for Canada.

8. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    central america or el caribe anywhere else would do no good to the tourney itself.

the tourney in central america would automaticly create many actual contenders at the title and that will give credibility to the tourney.

9. footballfreak

footballfreak Member

Jun 30, 2003
    Vancouver, BC, Canad
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    If you did see Canada host, we would probably use the following venues.

Vancouver, BC
    BC Place
    This stadium will host the Olympic Opening Ceremonies in February, then undergo renovations to add a retractable roof (as shown) in time for the 2011 MLS season. There will also be a lowerable roof inside the structure that can downsize capacity to 30,000.
    http://media.canada.com/1ceaa7d7-3889-4f4c-9003-991895e62419/stad-art.jpg

Edmonton, AB
    Commonwealth Stadium
    http://www.fussballtempel.net/concacaf/CAN/Commonwealth.jpg

Toronto, ON
    Rogers Centre/BMO Field
    ~50,000/20,000
    I would imagine they would host group games at BMO field, with knockout games possibly moving to the skydome.
    [​IMG]
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2390/2401344925_94f3faa9be.jpg

Montreal, QC
    Stade Olympique/Stade Saputo (expanded)
    55,800/18,000-20,000
    http://www.fussballtempel.net/concacaf/CAN/Olympique_Montreal.html
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGH08UIgle0"]YouTube - Stade Saputo, MLS expansion 2011 (project)[/ame]

Add 2-3 more stadiums to this group from the following projects currently underway:

Winnipeg, MB
    New Bluebombers Stadium
    Planned Completion: ~ Summer 2011
    (http://i18.tinypic.com/6jbsvnr.jpg)

Ottawa, ON
    Rebuilt Frank Claire Stadium
    ~30,000
    Planned Completion: ???
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/88/Southsidefcs.JPG/800px-Southsidefcs.JPG

Regina, SK
    New Roughriders Stadium/Rebuilt Taylor Field
    ~30,000-40,000
    Still in preliminary planning stages, but there's no way they'll leave Taylor Field as is.

Hamilton, ON
    Pan American Games Stadium/New Hamilton Tigercats(CFL) Stadium
    ~30,000
    Planned Completion: Sometime before the 2015 Pan Am Games, should the Toronto bid win.

Moncton, NB
    New Moncton Stadium
    10,000 (20,000 with temporary stadium)
    Completion: 2010
    -Built for the 2010 World Junior Athletics Championships

10. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Why not Guadeloupe? Ah,ah,ah!:p It's a joke! Already we are not even screwed to hold the Digicel Caribbean Cup then a fortiori the Gold Cup. I think that outside the United States, Canada is best positioned to receive the next Gold Cup. Mexico? This country has already organized the Gold Cup with USA in 1993 and 2003. Also why not Panama? This country's economy is rising then it would be able to build stadiums for this competition. And finaly in the caribbean's region, we have Trinidad and Tobago. It already has football stadiums because it has received the 2001 World Cup under 17's. Personnaly i would vote for Canada.

11. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

is it me or you guys started complaining about artificial turfs after the horrible performance of the USNT at Saprissa´s ?

1 person likes this.
  12. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Add Canada and Mexico to that list. This bullshit tournament has been held in the same zone for 19+ years. Whatever credibility the CONCACAF Nations Cup had was lost when the US was introduced to the sport.

After all, who would view the World Cup as a credible tournament if it is held in Europe for 19 years straight? :rolleyes:

13. Tiburoneuras

Tiburoneuras New Member

Jul 18, 2009
    Queretaro
    Club:
    TR de Veracruz
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    From an financial perspective it could be Canada. Not sure how the Canadians would welcome the Bold Cup.

Talking about merits. I would like to see the Cup being played in Honduras and Costa Rica. They both have NT that have been in the WC before with good results and have stadiums up to the standard.

Even though they are not contiguous, the traveling would be so much smoother than traveling in the US from coast to coast!

14. NF-FC

NF-FC Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Niagara Falls
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    We would smash attendance records for this tourney. USA, Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador, etc. fans would still turn up in large numbers but the Canada games would be full. This is the same thing that happened at the U20 WC.

15. Soccerprep

Soccerprep Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Lafayette, LA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    actually, i began arguing after the fifa u-17 cup in Peru. Go look at some of my posts from 2005 if you want to.

This game needs to be played on grass. I have played on both, turf, is dangerous to players.

16. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Keep coming up with excuses for that mediocre team. In the last game of WCQ, we will win in the US and then...what excuse will you come up with then?

I, too, have played extensively on both grass and turf and I can say, with 100% certainty, that both fields are dangerous for different factors. However, the main difference is that on artificial turf, the balls tends to roll smoother and faster. Only teams that have any technical skill can play there.

In other words, our field is sacred only to those teams that can actually play the sport, teams that actually have skill. Spazzoland is not one of those teams...far from being one of those. :rolleyes:

For example, I would fully expect that a team like, say England, will have an extremely hard time to play there and we would be able to beat them 1-0, 2-1, etc. However, a team like Spain could definetly come down and, most likely, beat us. Because of the class of players they have, they would be able to turn the field more into their advantage than ours.

At the same time, Spazzoland is not included in the list with England. The difference between the two teams was so magnifilingly great that our win can't be attributed to simply home advantage.

The only thing spazzoland inherited and earned in the Confederations Cup was the hype following an overblown Spain filled with overconfidence, lazyness, and low preparation against a team that was playing the game of their lives using the ugliest football I have ever seen. [​IMG]

Sooner or later, the rest of the world will find the farce Spazzoland is so I am not waiting in anticipation. Besides, Spazzoland is not out of the woods yet on WCQ...a loss towards Mexico and they are back fighting for that 4th place playoff....[​IMG]

17. AMAPO

AMAPO Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Krypton City
    Club:
    Laredo Heat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just one question what did the USMNT ever do to you? :D

18. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Not to me...to the little football we had in this confederation after 1990...as soon as the US came into the picture it all went to shit. :rolleyes:

Simply put, the US needs to go...now! Go join UEFA or CONMEBOL but they need to get the fack out of our confederation. They are like a cancer being here. We can't even call our confederation a football organization...[​IMG]

...this whole zone has turned into a freakin' circus. :mad:

19. AMAPO

AMAPO Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Krypton City
    Club:
    Laredo Heat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok, so what did USA do to CONCACAF?

20. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    [​IMG]

21. AMAPO

AMAPO Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Krypton City
    Club:
    Laredo Heat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nah dude this isnt wr I asked you an honest question.

So I assume you want USA out cause they don't play beautiful soccer??? Its good that concacaf teams play different types of soccer... heck no 2 nations in the world play the same style of soccer.

but if you want USA out of concacaf cause of the soccer they play... I'll speak to Jack A. Warner to work something out ;)

anyway back to my homework

1 person likes this.
  22. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I vote for the USA just because it would piss off gethomas3.

23. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    [​IMG]

24. MRschizoid21

MRschizoid21 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha

I voted JAM/T&T because I'd love to see the islands stage something.
    Number 2 would definitely be CR/PAN.

25. Soccerprep

Soccerprep Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Lafayette, LA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please tell me when, in any of my previous posts, that I have ever made an excuse for losing to Costa Rica? The only thing I have said in the past was that we all knew it would be a tough game, but no one expected us to get played out of the game as effectively as we did. That is a compliment. As far as blaming field turf:

The US has several stadiums that utilize field turf, they could have trained on any number of fields in the US to get used to the type of surface. That is not an excuse. That is similar to when we lose in Mexico, some of our fans blame the altitude, yet the team does not train in Denver. The US is such a large country and has the infrastructure in place that neither of those excuses are valid.

To be honest, I really do not give a care if Costa Rica beats us that last game. We will both already be qualified for the WC. However, if you would like an excuse, you have given me several months to formulate one, so thanks for that notice. As you guys found out in 02, and us in 06, it is not like finishing top of your group helps any in seeding/grouping.

Now pay extra special attention to this statement, as I will restate it:

"Please tell me when, in any of my previous posts, that I have ever made an excuse for losing to Costa Rica?"

As I know how people on BS ignore most people's valid questions, and I am sure you will ignore mine, do yourself a favor, and do not attempt to call me out or respond with any additional banter until you can actually validate your statements with any sort of proof.

Not a fan of World Geography are you?