Where do your club's fans congregate online?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Auriaprottu, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    On occasion I go looking for other MLS teams' fan sites just to see what's being said. I haven't done any serious searching, just here, FB, and the MLS pages. But I'm not finding a lot of traffic anywhere for a lot of teams, not even on FB. AUFC seems to have a healthy FB presence, and Galaxy, LAFC, Orlando does as well. But some of the other clubs must be somewhere else. Galaxy, DCU, Columbus and Chicago have yuge support here on BigSoccer. RSL, not bad. AUFC does okay. LAFC has almost none. Same with Portland... .

Where are the sites/pages where the bulk of your club's fans hang out?

2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are a number of Rapids FB groups but I believe many of them are set to private. There’s also a small but strong Reddit community.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  3. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Good question, I was actually thinking about this the other day.

BigSoccer, as cool as we all are here, has died down quite a bit over the past several years. I blame Facebook for killing off the message board scene for the most part.

Although, credit to BigSoccer for at least still being alive and kicking somewhat.

I would have to say as far as RSL is concerned, the only other place I have ever followed the team and mingled with other fans was Facebook.

They do have Instagram and Twitter pages but I have never been on them.

Reddit I have no clue about.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  4. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you only care about one club, you may not want to join BigSoccer. If you care about a lot of competitions, BigSoccer is great.

MLS isn't the only league where many clubs don't have fans here. Only 7 of the 20 Premier League clubs have a post in their forum this season that started in August. Manchester City doesn't have any posts. Wolverhampton's forum is still in League Championship, and the Premier League category include relegated clubs. Some Premier League clubs don't have their own forum in either section. Clubs in countries whose most popular language isn't English may or may not have many fans on sites in other languages. Of the 12 Champions League Group Stage clubs from Spain, Italy, and Germany, only half of them have post(s) from September or October.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  5. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    FB isn't a great site as message boards go, despite the crazy numbers they get. It's the way the posts are arranged. BigSoccer is perfect for that.

Wow, thanks. I didn't even think to check the overall numbers on other leagues. I do see what you're getting at- it took us halfway into our third season to get the badge graphic.

6. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Impact fans are mainly on Twitter for convo (#IMFC), FB for supporter activities. There's a fantastic fan site and message board that's good, but not as popular as it was, at www.impactsoccer.com.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  7. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The most active locations I've seen for Sounders fans are reddit, Sounder at Heart, and the usual twitter (#EBFG) and Facebook.