Where are they now?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by delaynomo, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Yeah, you got that right Zaq.....I'm convinced your occupation has to involve (but not limited to) writing or composing text for a publication?

As for Slovenia, one of my friends is adamant that Croatia (or parts of it) is another nice place to go

2. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Waaaaay too many tourists in Croatia right now.

3. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    It's always a risk of the tourist invasion.....ppl are desperate to find the next big thing

4. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hence Legoland...

5. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I judge everything by Instagram - have had 15 or so friends go to both Iceland and Croatia in the last year.
    People thought I was crazy for going to both ~15 years ago, now they're the hot spots.

6. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    talk about an outlier!

i calculate the odds of that being the case at 1 - 1x10 to the 14th!!!

7. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC

True, Iceland seems to be the rage at the mo

8. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a rage when we went 3 years ago. Very cool - we did the scenic tours no partying. Still had a blast seeing the northern lights.

9. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Jesus - don't tell Sam that - he'll have an apoplectic fit!

I used to, indeed, many moons ago .... but these days I am an office manager...............

10. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I always liked HK's attitude. You can't fault a guy for being injury prone, though some do. What might have been, if HK had been capable of lining out instead of Riise on the left wing for all those damn games? Note to Le Plonk and Raffy - JAR is a defender! ;)

I still also still wonder why on earth SG didn't spray loose that ball to a breaking Kewell late in the 2007 CL final with the score at 2-1...... Maybe stevie thought it was gonna be fractionally offside, but all i know is that the Milan defence were high up the pitch and I'd have fancied Kewell to do them from there.....

el-capitano repped this.
  11. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    slovenia and croatia were (during the Yugoslavia era) very Western looking, eastern bloc regions. And slovenia was almost completely undamaged in the break-up, due to it's temperament and location. Having a little money always helps.

12. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Venice and Prague are the worst.... too small in their centres to accommodate so many ..... (of course that's memory going back 15 years....)

People spoil everything.... of course they also create everything..... so there's the bind....

13. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    It's been a while since I studied Alevel maths but I cannot recall your method?

14. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it was based on the idea that having 15 friends is, in ordinary terms, unusual, plus the incidence of having one friend go to both Iceland and Croatia would be low, so the likelihood of multiple friends who went to both would be exponentially lower, plus i like the number 14.

not exactly Alevel maths...

15. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    You're right, it ain't A level maths but the assumptions made therein,don't follow logic

Having only 15 friends is not unusual & the chances of one or more friends going to both Croatia/ Iceland would be high given that these countries have been and are tourist hotpot's. .....but why follow logic eh?

And 14 is a not a good number...prefer 7

16. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most men have only half a dozen real friends. For all of them to visit two somewhat unusual vacation spots would be rare.

I think you may have misread his post.

17. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Should have said "15 friends who have visited either Croatia or Iceland this year."

18. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    No, however you underestimated the popularity of Iceland and/or Croatia......there is life across the pond

And you introduce the term 'real' with friends in this post yet use the word friend loosely in the first place

19. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think your notion of how odd it would be for one person to know 15 people who visited BOTH Iceland AND Croatia is different from mine.

Also, unless you have done some sociological investigation into male friendship patterns, I think you are speaking from ignorance about how rare 15 friends is. If you mean by "friends" people you know, then it's another matter.

20. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC

We already know one person with 15 friends that have visited Croatia and Iceland

Second point, you inserted the concept of 'real' friends as opposed to 'people you know' without previously stating in the initial assumption's. ....it's open to interpretation tbh

Another thing(somewhat related ) I'm guessing you don't have many friends? I may be wrong mind

21. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Derby County's former England Under-21 winger Tom Ince is set to sign for Premier League newcomers Huddersfield Town, reports BBC Derby Sport.

The Rams have rejected a bid of about £7m for the 25-year-old.

But last season's Championship play-off winners are understood to be prepared to go closer to Derby's £10m valuation.

Ince joined the Rams for £4.75m in July 2015 after a loan spell, and has played in the top flight with Crystal Palace and Hull City.

22. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    btw/ were you donchichhio on the old one-nil - TGP boards? or some variant of that name...??

23. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    That would be him ,zaq. :)

24. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Yes.....I haven't seen that moniker in a while ( a very niche /inside joke)

Yep started from the soccernet days

25. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Speke knows what his talking aboot