When Will Jesus Get Sacked?

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by SCP_16, Oct 28, 2016.

?

When Will Jesus Get Sacked?

1. In the next couple of weeks

16.7%
  2. When the season is over

66.7%
  3. If he doesn't win his next game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Never. BDC is a JJ homer

16.7%
  1. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What's there to argue? JJ has had 4 years to win and he's almost failed every time. If he doesn't win it this year, he's a failure. That's it. Nothing more. </thread>

2. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    lol sick retort. Your analysis literally contradicts yourself. Your definition of experience changes to whatever suit your ridiculous argument.

Why wouldn't I put AVB together with Jesualdo. Both have done nothing of note outside of porto when they were both gifted world class squads. Only difference is Jesualdo has won a lot more.

Don't understand why losing a european final is such a great milestone btw. Nobody gives a shit or remembers a loser.

SCP_16 repped this.
  3. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    I'll bite back because your self-inflation, based on lack of coherent reasoning, should not be encouraged.

My analysis contradicts itself? Nah, it's your inability to reconcile the opposites. You hear me say experience is important, and your mode of thinking makes you assume that I consequently source experience as the end-all-be-all of success in every case. Your inability to understand what I'm talking results in you thinking I have a varied definition of experience but it's really quite simple, constant, and right here. Straight from Google.

Experience: practical contact with and observation of facts or events

What is varied is levels and types of experience people acquire, as each person's intelligence and reaction to said experiences varied among people.

Your further inability to discriminate makes you believe that AVB, the youngest winning manager of a European competition at the age of 33, who has also coached top teams like Chelsea, Tottenham & Zenit... you think that is equal to a man like Jesualdo Ferreira, who has Panathinaikos as the most prestigious club he coached outside of Portugal, a man who never even touched European success, and had to wait until he was an old man to reach his max achievements. Which was to win the Portuguese league, a task that was already beneath AVB at an age most players hadn't retired at.

If you think those two people are on even keel, click that "X" in the top right corner of the screen, go outside to re-evaluate the way you think and hopefully do something about changing your life. It can't be going all to well if the above is representative of your general thinking.

4. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    AVB was given one of the best squads in the history of the Portuguese league.

How did his experiences at Chelsea and Tottenham go? Did he get fired very quickly or were they extended stays? AVB is trash.

Experience: practical contact with and observation of facts or events

That describes every manager in the history of managers.

5. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    AVB was a massive disappointment here in England. Trying to play a high line with John Terry, Ivanovic and Alex was absolute suicide

6. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Yeah? What does every other top manager have in their squad? Does Guardiola not have the best squads in club history time and time again? Are you invalidating his entire career as a result?

Are you also discrediting the ability of a 33 year old manager to come into a club like Porto and coach, as you said, world-class players, to that type of success? You think that just falls together? Are you aware of how many teams have existed with top individual players, but overall made a team that was less than the sum of their parts? Do you know why that is? You're not only unaware, you wouldn't even attempt to understand or know why that is.

And there you go on some inane argument, unable to reconcile your thinking, about AVB's absolute quality as a coach, when the basis of the discussion was AVB vs. Jesualdo, not AVB vs. All Coaches. If AVB is trash, then Jesualdo is horse crap by comparison. Jesualdo Ferreira could only dream of failing at Chelsea.

7. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah, Chelsea and Tottenham to name two. You know, those clubs AVB got fired from.

JJ's interview was funny today, more of his classic excuses. Apparently the squad isn't in his image, but in the image of Sporting.

Funny, I always thought Sporting's image was play the youth and don't make very many signings. Seems to be the opposite of what we're doing.

8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  10. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Agreed. Just a thought.

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Bas Dost out of the match vs. Moreirense and is a doubt for Porto.

Thanks JJ!

12. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  13. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though. 8m a year for this? Only way I see him saving his job is winning the cups.

15. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Call me cynical, but I still don't see it happening lol

16. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He's already losing to Porto 1-0 in the Taca. Good luck getting past Arsenal with that shit effort on defense today.

17. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    He's done. Over done.

18. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Certainly hope so. Absolutely no reason to keep him. Pay him off and he can continue his career in Beira Mar or some shit.

19. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    While i agree hes done, still dont know who we would get whos better tbh

20. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Neither do I. Thankfully, it's not our job to determine that. We're not the president.

SCP21 repped this.
  21. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    If Sporting finish second and qualify for the UCL, he'll still be in charge next season.

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I have a feeling your right. Also if he goes far in the EL and wins the portugal cup.

But i think another 3rd place and early exit from the cups would be the end.

As for who to replace him? Plenty of coaches. Any young coach who is not stubborn, knows how to rotate players...

23. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    3rd place finish. Just a few weeks ago we beat Guimaraes and ended up in first place. I don't care what he does in the Taca or Europa League. He's gotta go. If he stays, I will not spend a second of my time watching this circus of a club

24. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Started thinking of some names for potential replacements:

Portuguese

Paulo Fonseca (Shakthar Donetsk) - has a good squad which dominates the domestic league in a similar context to our own league, and had really good results in Europe.

Paulo Sousa (Quanjian) - he's in China but could be tempted to come back for one of the big 3.

Miguel Cardoso (Rio Ave) - made Rio Ave into one of the most attractive teams to watch this season. Kind of fell off a bit due to losing a couple of key players (Ruben Ribeiro being one of them)

Other Nationalities:

Luis Enrique - May seem out of our league, but then again we're paying 8M for JJ... Would try to implement a philosophy at the club

Laurent Blanc - Has been out of a job since 2016, but an experienced international coach as well.

Marcelo Bielsa - Kind of lost his way in France, but his style of attacking in our league against 85% of our teams would be refreshing.

25. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Blac sucks tbh. And as fun as Bielsas squads are to watch, he never wins anything.

Fonseca would be cool but Sporting would be a atep backwards for him. Cardoso seems like the most realistic target.

The way weve been playing all season i think its pretty obvious were gonna battle braga for third. Weve been barely scraping by all season and our luck looks like its finally running out. No chance in euro. All other cups are irrelevant. JJ is done.