When Will Jesus Get Sacked?

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by SCP_16, Oct 28, 2016.

?

When Will Jesus Get Sacked?

1. In the next couple of weeks

16.7%
  2. When the season is over

66.7%
  3. If he doesn't win his next game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Never. BDC is a JJ homer

16.7%
  1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Well I guess we can close this thread LOL

BdC said in remarks to Spanish agency EFE that Jorge Jesus will remain as coach next season.

"A project is more than a game or a result, it is a philosophy and a path that we have to go through. Of course we wanted to win everything and be champions, but a project is not interrupted because of a game or a poor result."

http://www.record.pt/futebol/futebo...ntinuidade-de-jesus-na-proxima-temporada.html

2. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    agreed, but you classified them as useless. Some of those players aren't useless depth players.

3. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Which ones of the players you bolded arent useless? Even at depth?

Shame about JJ staying on. There wont be much money for signings next year and well probably have to make a pretty big sale. I can hear the excuses already

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We have a good base at least. But with no CL we will need to cut back on costs and probably sell William or Gelson. Hopefully though we can get some loanees back and Wendel can start playing too. Although knowing JJ's poor rotation we'll just see a repeat of this year again.

5. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's been real boys. After 14 years, this shit club and their disgrace of leadership won't be seeing a second of my time next year with this clown at the helm. Taking a break. See you all next year

vilafria repped this.
  6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Don't blame you.

SCP21 repped this.
  7. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    It's tough being a lagarto nowadays, but I'll never change colors. Hoping for better days ahead though.

8. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Through all the shit over the years, this last year has been the hardest. Dont know what it is, but its taken a toll

9. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's because we made the biggest investment ever and anything less than a league title is a failure in my opinion. Even firing JJ would be a step in the right direction. But since that's not happening, it looks like this club is going backwards.

It's clear the players don't want to play or win with JJ. I give up.

OndaVerde repped this.
  10. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    JJ does deserve some props for his professional throughout this whole thing and for putting Sporting above any of this bs

OndaVerde repped this.
  11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    True. He fully came out to defend the players. Thats the only option he had, otherwise his own reputation would be affected as a coach.

12. grassman

grassman Member

May 18, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Don't bother with 2018/2019

6 in a row is inevitable, after this for 4 seasons clubs other than Porto will have a chance of a league title. During this period I foresee 2 Titles Sporting 1 Braga 1 Benfica.

[​IMG]

Only 5 more years of porto's dark decade of football

13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It seems inevitable that JJ will leave after the cup final, whether it be willingly or not.

Who would you think of as a replacement? There will also likely 2 big sales as well as several other players leaving for less money.

The new coach would need to be content with losing key players and not having as much money for transfers as the past couple of years as we surely need to balance the books. We also need a proper football director.

Some names that are being circulated:

Rui Faria - after 17 years, he just announced this week that he will be leaving Mourinho's side as his #2. The timing surely can't be a coincidence and he has been linked to Benfica as a possible subsitute to Rui Vitoria. However it's possible we go after him as well.

Miguel Cardoso - the Rio Ave boss has been linked to us for some time as he has taken Rio Ave to a 5th place finish with positive possession attacking football.

Rui Jorge - the Portugal U21 boss and former Sporting player has been coaching the U21s since 2010 and most notably took them to the final in 2015 where they lost on penalties to Sweden.

14. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
  15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I don't know though, Rui Faria has had a lot of valuable experience by Mourinho's side, he could be an Andre Villas Boas type.

16. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    AVB suvks.

Rui Faria or Cardoso would be my choice. Wont be easy to convince anyone to take charge of this club though.

17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lol I was thinking more of the impact at Porto, not so much his career afterwards :D

SCP21 repped this.
  18. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    Yup - this will be one of the many problems. Who the F would want to coach this sinking ship?!

19. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
  20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It was octavio machado who said that - he used to be at the club and since he left he's been at odds with BdC and he is a friend of JJ.

It was likely a verbal agreement during the meeting on Monday when it was reported he was suspended. But it will likely be official after the cup final.

Then again, anything can happen until then. There is an emergency meeting on Monday and who knows, JJ might not be fired.

dipluso repped this.
  21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    O Jogo has an exclusive that JJ is leaving by mutual termination without us paying anything, as he is signing with Al-Hilal.

[​IMG]

22. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So he is finally leaving Portugal "por um gigante."

23. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He'll get exposed

24. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    JJ exposé, no thanks.

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Frankly the only person I wouldn't mind rescinding so we don't have to pay him

eurodad repped this.