Whats Next for HUGO ???

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Various Styles, May 12, 2005.

1. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

Seems like only yesterday that Hugol had taken over UNAM. And very few would have guessed that Hugo would lead UNAM to greatness. Now it seems like his cycle at UNAM has come to an end. Two league titles, a Copa de Campeones and some other Cup, which i cant remember because im seriously lacking some barley & hops to stimulate my brain, have left UNAM with four straight championships. One less than Hugos bold prediction that UNAM would win five straight championships. The fifth cup was only a goal away, if only coaches were allowed to kick the ball from the sidelines. Anyways it's been a fun ride, the loss of the tfc champions cup should signal the end of the UNAM/Hugo relationship, for now.

The pentapichichi's next step should be to go abroad. While he still has a lot to offer at UNAM, Hugo would benefit more from coaching in Europe. Even though i get the impression that Hugol would rather sit around and wait for Lavolpe to choke so he can jump aboard the Tricolor. I would like to see Hugol coaching in La Liga, imagine the penta going up against el Vasco Aguirre. one can only dream.

Una piedra en el camino
    Me enseño que mi destino era rodar y rodar
    (Rodar y rodar, rodar y rodar)
    Después me dijo un arriero
    Que no hay que llegar primero
    Sino hay que saber llegar

Con dinero y sin dinero
    Hago siempre lo que quiero
    Y mi palabra es la ley
    No tengo trono ni reina
    Ni nadie que me comprenda
    Pero sigo siendo el rey.. .

2. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Its just one bad season.... only 5 months :D

7 out of the 8 clubs that were in last season's playoffs failed to make it into this season's playoffs.

UNAM said Hugo will stay for next season. There is a cluase in his contract though... so you never know

3. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I will say this...

Like so many other Mexicans, I am skeptical about the WCC because we have been promised the cup twice and no dice. I think that the Copa Sudamericana could be a blessing in disguise because that would force the team to more players giving younger players a chance to play (either in League or Cup). If anything, the cup could be used for that. It isnt the 1st time a Mexican club uses an international tournament to play some of thier younger players

Also.....

If I am CONCACAF, I would literally suck off Aaron Padilla, Jorge Vergara, and Hugo Sanchez for putting fans in the stands.

4. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    He never takes my advise, but I would say

Keep the noise level down

Try and land a job with Guatemala or Panama as a National coach, like Benhaker has done with T&T . This would be great for a Hugo-Lavolpe matchup.

5. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    why would Hugo want to coach some second rate Central Amer./Caribean team? just stay with Pumas and then move on to bigger and better things in Spain or the Mexican NT.

6. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    Just picture it man , they would have to shake hands before the game and maybe even embrace ...............and all of Mexico would get teary eyed

7. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Yeah, that way he could alienate all of Mexico.

:rolleyes:

As far as coaching with UNAM, honestly I don't think he has a lot more to offer there. He's done what nobody else could do: win two straight short season trophies. Like LMvCP said, it's only five months but isn't that how it is in Mexico anyway? Isn't it a lot of "What have you done for me lately?"

Hugo should leave. If he stays with UNAM, he won't be able to get another European coaching job until the summer of 2006 IMO. It would seem like most jobs would open in spring/summer rather than winter, after the Apertura 2005. Go now, find a club in Spain and go from there. He's got connections and people know his name in Spain so he could probably get a job with a first division spanish team like Aguirre. If he waits for the Tri job, he could be waiting for a while. I don't think Lavolpe's going anywhere anytime soon. The Tri job might open up after the World Cup and then he could consider that then.

I think Pumas isn't going to be a championship contender next season so staying at Pumas would be his worst decision. Why stick around on a team that's going to struggle? His stock might devalue to Europeans IMO.

8. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    no offense, but it's a really stupid idea. and i don't think Hugo is dumb enough to go coach some piece of sh!t little island or middle of nowhere Central American team.

9. alekjandro

alekjandro New Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Guadalajara
    He should leave now with the head high, and try to catch another team (in europe is not going to happen sooN)..and in South and Central America they already have the WC eliminatory too advanced and teams cant do big and qualify now.

Hugo can stay in PUmas...he is not going to go far anywhere.

10. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It was only yesterday that Hugo was king of Mexico, now he's a loser who wont go anywhere.

There's always Racing de Santander.

Or Getafe.

Or Cadiz.

Or Barcelona B.

At least PanchoM is getting some major advances in humor. I'd rep that if I could.

On the bright side, Johnny Canales here is singing my theme song to begin the thread.

Aplausos.

11. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    no offence taken ,
    btw Guatemala is not an Island . oh and neither is Panama

Why not ?
    Televisa would televise the qualifying games
    People in Mexico would follow the team ,Just as I intend to follow benhaker's strategy with T&T .

If he qualifies with Guatemala for example , it gives him a stage in Germany '06 . sort of how Bora became a globetrotter.

A Guatemala vs. Mexico in Azteca would be a LaVolpe vs. Hugo showdown
    in the Stands and on the field.

12. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

May 28, 1999
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Hugo, a Real Madrid legend coaching Barcelona B????

Por favor, dame un poco de lo que fumas! ;)

Gonzo

13. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hehe, lavolpe would destroy hugo ;)

14. alekjandro

alekjandro New Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Guadalajara

This is MEXICO, if you dont renovate and probe yourself that you are capable, you wont go anywhere..like Hugo..he though that with his Kid-Actittude will go anywhere ..he was wrong.. :eek:

15. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Johnny Canales. L.O.L take it away!!!

I think Hugo has two more years left on his contract. He should just stay with Pumas y levantarse otra vez.

The problem is that he is probably going to loose some key players.

16. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    exactly.

pos rep for u.

17. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california
    i think hugo should go to argentina, coach river or boca and
    then become argentinas' head coach !!! :D
    oh yeah and then play against lavolpes' mexico team!

ok now on the serious side i think he should either continue
    to coach in mexico or go coach in spain, whatever he feels
    he could get the best coaching experience necessary and
    then get ready to take over the NT after 2006 WC....

18. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Actually, I'm thinking of just staying in tonight and posting on BigSoccer.

She might come over, so hmm.

I'm so in love with you.

I'll be forever blue.

19. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hummm....?

20. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    Drink by yourself.

Contemplation opens up that way.

21. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Drinking by yourself is one of the key indicators that you have a problem.

What good does that do me?

My cover would be blown.

22. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    Whatever..

light-up by yourself then..

I thought u would like to be in good company.

23. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    You can always invite El Mocos to drink with you. If your lady friend can't make it, you know he would be all over that.

24. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    What international tournaments will Pumas play? I heard something about copa sudamericana this season. What about Copa Libertadores 06? doesn't Pumas get direct entry or do they play the champions of this season for the direct spot?

Things don't look good for Hugo. For him to go to europe it might take him winning copa libertadores/south american cup or coaching el tri. The reason is because the Mexican league doesn't get respect in Europe and winning copa libertadores would win him more press and hype in Europe than winning his bicampeonato. Coaching el tri means Hugo won't get his chance in Europe till after world cup 2010 and that is a long time to wait.

25. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    I think, Pumas should get more reenforcements, and not some dumbass that came back from europe cause he couldn't make there. Hugo needs to work with the younger mexican players and teach them to play faster and above all, score some fvcking goals.