What would you call the new Miami MLS team?

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by SoccerPrime, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What would you call the new Miami MLS team?

Poll closed Dec 30, 2013.
  1. Universidad de Miami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Club Deportivo Miami

6.7%
  3. Sporting Club Miami

2.2%
  4. Millionarios Miami (Miami Millionaires FC)

6.7%
  5. Athletic Club Miami (Club Atletico Miami)

11.1%
  6. Miami Gatos

2.2%
  7. Miami Toros

4.4%
  8. Athletic Miami (Atletico Miami)

13.3%
  9. International Miami (Inter Miami)

26.7%
  10. Miami Stars FC

8.9%
  11. Miami Strikers FC

8.9%
  12. Miami Everglades FC

4.4%
  13. Miami Bay FC

4.4%
  14. Miami Metro FC ( Metropolitans like NY Mets)

4.4%
  15. Miami Vice City FC

8.9%
  16. Port Miami FC

4.4%
  17. AC Miami

11.1%
  18. Magic City FC

8.9%
  19. Inter Miami Glades FC

2.2%
  20. Miami United

8.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. krusso

krusso Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    What David Beckham said today in Las Vegas:
    courtesy of: www.si.com/planet-futbol/2016/04/28/beckham-leiweke-las-vegas-mls-expansion-raiders

Beckham later continued about MLS expansion and reaffirmed his commitment to his Miami project. According to SI's Grant Wahl, Beckham and his Miami group are targeting Miami real-estate giant Arthur Falcone to be the club's primary investor after talks with potential Qatari ownership fell apart.

"My commitment is to the MLS, I was lucky enough to purchase a franchise and I picked Miami which I'm very proud of, very excited about," Beckham said. "It's been a long process, I can't lie, but one that will continue.

"Great things take time, and I'm starting to realize that, especially over the last few years since we announced our ideas in Miami. So I understand that it takes time. What you have at the end of it is something that is so special.

"I'm excited about what we're doing in Miami. It's something that I'm very committed to, something that as an ambassador of the league now, as an owner of a franchise that is going to be very special for the people of Miami, I'm excited.

2. Tigereye

Tigereye Member+

(ಠ_ಠ)┌∩┐
    Aug 19, 2005
    (ಠ_ಠ)┌∩┐
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    If Becks feels he has a better offer in LV, he could simply sell the Overtown parcels. No shovels have hit the dirt.

Not trying to be a hater but this is a threat Miami should take seriously. If Becks can't land an investor in Miami, it sounds like Ader may be his Vegas investor. Partnering with Davis/Sands/UNLV on a domed stadium could save Beckham millions on stadium financing his team would likely shoulder alone in Miami.

So bottom line question is what saves Beckham more - The Miami MLS franchise discount while financing entire project alone or partnering with Vegas & Mark Davis on stadium financing while paying a full expansion team price tag? Could he get the discount moved or was this agreement iron clad? Is this maybe posturing to force a better deal in Miami and land an investor? Lots of pieces here, will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Inter Miami FC and Bluecat82 repped this.
  3. Inter Miami FC

Dec 2, 2013
    Don't agree with it all, but reasonable approach to describing what could be a serious pivot by MBU, if that is actually what this is. Just another reason THE FANS should play a bigger role in bringing D-1/MLS to MIAMI.

Tigereye repped this.
  4. krusso

krusso Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #1229 krusso, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    Well, so much goes on behind the scenes that never makes it to us in the public. It's always good to have a plan B, and I'm sure MBU has one.

Not sure that Las Vegas can even compare to Miami on many levels - for one thing it is a much smaller TV market than Miami- and that matters to MLS folks when they negotiate broadcasting rights. Las Vegas has really nothing besides the tourist traps. Off the strip, there isn't much. People on the outside might think that describes Miami, but the truth is yes there is Miami Beach and a lot of tourists, but, Miami is also a real big city (over 6 million in S. Fla.) with the second largest concentration of international banks after NYC. It is also a transportation and commerce hub, a international gateway that links North America and South America as well as the Caribbean. It is the largest cruise ship port in the world. Not to say that a LV team couldn't prosper but I don't think it is an alternative to Miami. They're really very different from one another.

They now own the private land and sure it can be resold. This is a critical time because Miami-Dade politicians have done nothing so far to help the team. MBU says it is ready to pay market value for the remaining County owned parcel to attach to the private land. Will they get it? Stay tuned... My gut feeling is that they know they will get the parcel they need from Miami-Dade County, and that there has been some behind the scenes talk even before they closed on the private land. And, that MBU has finally learned not to make any public statements until the deal is completed.

Andy Bulldog and Inter Miami FC repped this.
  5. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This.

For the most part, this has been the Minnesota United playbook. Keep a low profile, let things happen behind the scenes. Hard on the nerves for us fans, but it works out better in the long run.

6. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just curious as to what the results would be, now. Considering other things.
    Yes some on the list are names already in use, but that could change.

7. PhillyWild

PhillyWild Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Miami
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd feel MUCH more confident about things to hear/watch a big press conference with EVERYTHING being announced (name, kits, stadium sponsorship, ground breaking, etc.)

Than bits and pieces and basically celebrating every little baby step forward.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Andy Bulldog repped this.
  8. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Name: Combination of International and American. Inter Miami S.C. for short.
    Font: Bettynoir
    Colors: City of Miami Orange, white & Green.

Attached Files:

9. Inter Miami FC

Dec 2, 2013
    Like the colors, palm tree, and font.

Andy Bulldog repped this.
  10. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why noy call this team Palms FC just like palmeiras of Brazil? I believe there is another team i spain as well with palmas

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

11. Inter Miami FC

Dec 2, 2013
    The way Andy has it set up, it could be both.

INTER MIAMI Palms / Las Palmas de INTER MIAMI.

Palm tree is on city seal and center of city flag, after all.

12. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No.... just las palmas or palms, i kno you are tryin to sell inter guy, but come on, excessive much..

We should just go with atletico inter miami or deportivo inter miami then? Huevon.

13. Capt.Tsubasa

Capt.Tsubasa Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Wait, are we talking about football or handball here? :barefoot:

14. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol palmas as in palm trees not palm of hands

15. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The longer this drags on I think the vapors would be appropriate.

Andy Bulldog and Inter Miami FC repped this.
  16. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu

tallguy and Lucho305 repped this.
  17. Inter Miami FC

Dec 2, 2013

The Palms/Las Palmas would be a nickname. Atletico & Deportivo are right up there with Chivas. Too polarizing for a fan base that is not only all of South Florida, but the rest of the world. Open your mind and think globally, Papo.

18. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, no it wont, atletico and deportivo
    Is as general as FC or SC, chivas is a specific name from a specific team, these are in no way the same case, inter i feel would be like a chivas, there are only about 2 to 3 teams with Inter in the world. You should open your mind Inter guy, there are better names than Inter Miami.

DBR70 repped this.
  19. Inter Miami FC

Dec 2, 2013

Haven't seen one yet.... Especially have not seen one that guarantees fan ownership, which you apparently don't like, even though a fan. What's up with that?? We need a big tent, Papo. And we need as much fan involvement as possible. Emphasizing our international-ness and guarantying fans some sort of ownership accomplishes a lot of what our MLS Miami club needs to succeed. Get on board, amigo. "INTER" works in a majority of languages here in South Florida, and many throughout the world. Free your mind, and your support will follow....

20. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well we can start off by Internazionale de Milano and Internacional de Porto Alegre.. point is tho, to compare Atletico or Deportivo as a Chivas USA type name, is incorrect. i believe Inter Miami would be closer to to a chivas usa type name being that there are only a few teams with Inter.

Now, Atletico and deportivo as a name may be more common but it is more normal as a soccer name.

Please dont call me Papo, thanks.

21. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with everything, you said, its is a great name, but if its going to put money in ur pocket, ******** that. I would be on board with you if you werent looking for a salary behind this, copyright crapt. If you were about the name and passion then hell yea without a doubt ill join ur push, but seeing that it is about the money, and owning the name, i refuse to join your clic.. you and ur 3 other inter guy (twitter accounts)

Pushing that horrible idea of pirates and colors for the uniform and ridiculous polls that only suggest your idea. Its not about the fans, if it was i would have a say in your polls, ideas, color schemes, other names (not just inter miami). Especially hiw involved and passionate i am, regarding soccer in miami (Dade brigade - Miami FC)

You are obviously pushing an idea because it will benefit you (so called the fans) without considering real fans that have other ideas (collective ideas) that can truly bring Miami closer to having an identity that we so desperatley need for this city (MLS Miami Team)

Dont ever call me papo again or i will take it as a threat. Please advise @SoccerPrime

22. Inter Miami FC

Dec 2, 2013
    Thought that was what you call yourself, no offense. Swear I saw PapoLucho somewhere, but respect you not wanting that used. There are literally Inter teams all over the world, even in Mexico and Finland. Atletico and Deportivo are pretty much just in Spanish-speaking (maybe Portuguese-speaking too) countries.

23. Inter Miami FC

Dec 2, 2013
    Dude, I don't know if you ever read our mission statement after directing you there so many times I lost count, but you are peddling nothing but lies with your imaginary narrative, and you need to stop. It makes you look petty and uneducated, or just plain stubborn and childish. It's not a copyright, it is a trademark, and it belongs to the fans who are part of INTER MIAMI SUPPORTERS TRUST. Fan-ownership is not a new concept, not even close. Get educated and quit being a wind-up toy.

Yes, @SoccerPrime, how does Big Soccer deal with libel, especially after the offender has been notified of the falsity of his statements multiple times and asked to stop?

24. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have read it, its shady as hell. Copyright, trademark whatever it is it still has the end result you want...money

Where has this been done? Please elaborate, MLS is the newest league in the world where teams spring up out the blue, the rest of the world has been playing soccer for 100 to 150 years. Please tell me where else this is being used? Where one guy (inter miami guy), takes the Trademark of a name and tries to sell it to the actual owner that has a right to a club and has to pay the (tradrmark owner) to use the name?! What? Does that make any sense? I aint going to that website ever, please, YOU, as a guy who wants this to work, please explain to me as a sales guy, sell me your product!! Go!!

You told me before you want Beckham to buy the right (yearly) tonuse the Inter Miami name, that money in turn will go to the fans, in turn, u will not get any of that money? For owning it? Come on guy? Uneducated and petty? Naw bro,im speaking my mind, it sucks other here dont express themselves on how, your concept is awful to begin with, pushing your horrible pirates ofnthe carribean idea as a mascot.

The only Inter Miami concept I LOVE and agree with is Diego Guevara, he put his heart into his concept, then you saw the credit he got and the quick fame and you went ahead and trademarked it. Douchey of u ask me. He was selling shirts with his concept because Miami loved it, and you with your outrageous crapt, no one likes it, yiu have to give it away and get people to take pics on ur facebook and twitter

uploadfromtaptalk1464203667362.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1464203677875.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1464203690300.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1464203703664.png

Compare that to your concept

Untouchable man

tallguy and DBR70 repped this.
  25. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stop the petty in fighting and keep to the subject. This is your last warning.

Inter Miami FC repped this.