What would you call the new Miami MLS team?

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by SoccerPrime, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What would you call the new Miami MLS team?

Poll closed Dec 30, 2013.
  1. Universidad de Miami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Club Deportivo Miami

6.7%
  3. Sporting Club Miami

2.2%
  4. Millionarios Miami (Miami Millionaires FC)

6.7%
  5. Athletic Club Miami (Club Atletico Miami)

11.1%
  6. Miami Gatos

2.2%
  7. Miami Toros

4.4%
  8. Athletic Miami (Atletico Miami)

13.3%
  9. International Miami (Inter Miami)

26.7%
  10. Miami Stars FC

8.9%
  11. Miami Strikers FC

8.9%
  12. Miami Everglades FC

4.4%
  13. Miami Bay FC

4.4%
  14. Miami Metro FC ( Metropolitans like NY Mets)

4.4%
  15. Miami Vice City FC

8.9%
  16. Port Miami FC

4.4%
  17. AC Miami

11.1%
  18. Magic City FC

8.9%
  19. Inter Miami Glades FC

2.2%
  20. Miami United

8.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, since average intelligence levels have dropped, it is no surprise that NFL and baseball teams are so well supported then.

What's wrong with Miami Sharks?

I love how everyone says that team names in the American tradition are stupid and yet they quite often support those teams more than MLS. This child-like, fisher-price minded attitude that we need to copy our Euro-Masters is true ultra lameness. I bet most of the people that are arguing for a Euro copycat name don't even watch MLS anyhow.

Antique repped this.
  2. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well as u like these names @futbol in Miami those team. Have the FC at the end thy are considered traditional and normal to the soccer world, check them out..

3. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you on this.

Lucho305 repped this.
  4. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In that respect, I could buy into the name "Miami Sharks FC", a somewhat traditional name for names in North America (IE: Vancouver Whitecaps FC & Seattle Sounders FC), but somehow I get the gut feeling that Beckham/Fuller/Claure/James ownership group team will be called "Miami United FC".

Lucho305 repped this.
  5. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thankfully not all of us suffer from that inferiority complex. European masters? lol what are you 12?

Say tomorrow Becks and company choose Miami, and name it Miami Apes. Yea the name will be lame, but it wont change my support for the my local team.

Anyway, were secure of ourselves and we know what we want out of a potential Miami team. Ultimately the people in charge will name and design however they want it. In the end, I, along with many others will be happy to have our peofessional soccer team. and i will support it.

PhillyWild repped this.
  6. PhillyWild

PhillyWild Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Miami
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what we all should do regardless. If one day they announce, "Your MLS Cup Champion, Miami Apes!" I'm going to be more stoked about winning the Cup than whatever name they are. I still believe that we should go with the "traditional name, unofficial nickname that the fans use" route. But it won't be a dealbreaker for my fan support.

Lucho305 repped this.
  7. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell yea, I believe that is the best alternative an I'm sure Beckham will go down that road

8. PhillyWild

PhillyWild Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Miami
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW I'm not hard line on the FC vs SC suffix either. We have American football and Association Football here in the states. We should differentiate between the two. Calling it a soccer club isn't a derogatory term.

9. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC or SC shouldn't matter this is a diverse country it don't matter what I used

PhillyWild repped this.
  10. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #110 pb9000, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
    Make sure to go over to the Southern Legion site and vote there as well. Miami Fusion is leading with 26.92% of the vote.

11. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Being an innovator and not copying everyone else is the opposite of lame, but I guess that is where we disagree.

Well, unless you are just another trendy euro-poser douchebag, that is a given, so you are not saying much there. For some of us that have been following MLS since 96 though, we are tired of the league being stunk up with these crappy euro-poser names from people with zero originality. Worse still, they bash on anyone else that tries to inject something fresh. If you want the mentality of a 12 year old, there it is. Rudolph the red nosed reindeer got picked on for being different too, but in the end he got a fat house and was living large off royalties from the movie while those other reindeer are freezing their ass in some cave.

[​IMG]

Miami Reindeer! ;)

12. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yo wassup with the name calling, chill b. so basically every league in the world are euro-posers?! Come on man? Ok why did the MLS start changing names the past few years?

Kansas City Wizards changed to Sporting KC
    Dallas Burn changed to FC Dallas
    NY Metrostars to NY Redbulls

Why did the new teams in the Pacific NW go from Seattle Sounders and Vancouver Whitecaps to Seattle Sounders FC and Vancouver Whitecaps FC.

As much you want to stay away from as you call it euro-posing, it's happening guy. Looks like they finally figured out that thy have to stay similar to other leagues in the world, and not veer off to how they began the league in 96, where thy began to go down.

You want to name them your way and not be euro posing like they did with the backwards clock, three game series, the wacky naming (not for soccer in general) you get what was almost the demise of MLS completely!! Now you see that MLS is going towards a more generic league (citizen) of the soccer world and is gaining more respect now than ever!!

That's why I heavily oppose a retarded American naming of a soccer team because I don't want MLS to regress. I have been watching MLS for some years now, and I was alive when MLS began and watch the Fusion, but when you try to come around and oppose the soccer world you get burned. I started following MLS again when they began to grow up an start respecting soccer as it is in the world getting FIFA sanctioned and all , 90 minute clock, CCC, regular play-offs, and finally finals at the home team and not a NFL copycat style playoff and have the final and a neutral venue.

MLS has grown so much, and I refuse to have it regress with those silly kid names.

And for the last time Euro-posing is not euro-posing when the whole freaking world uses that naming style. Get over it, stop being ego-centric and acting like America has to be different, specially in soccer!! when soccer was adopted long ago but respected very recently!! Act Right!

MLS1FAN and futbol in Miami repped this.
  13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's stick to naming the Miami MLS team. Take your euro snobbery conversation else where.

MLS1FAN, futbol in Miami and Antique repped this.
  14. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks. and thanks lucho. purple fighting squid boy has trouble understanding what we want to accomplish here.

MLS1FAN repped this.
  15. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #115 MLS1FAN, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    It's humorous talk especially when the individual backing this Miami team is European and chances are he'll give this team a so called European sounding name regardless if it's British or Spanish in flavor it'll be European. In the end it could be "FC Miami" or something like that and the local fans will give the team it's nickname. If that's euro posing, then so be it, but for this team to be successful in Miami with the populous it can't be a typical MLS American team in anyway. We are talking Miami here, nothing here is typical American and in fact it and Toronto is the only North American cities where the foreign population out numbers the domestic or native populations by a large amount.

futbol in Miami repped this.
  16. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As we have noted in other Expansion threads, what is a typical MLS American team? Today RSL and SKC, two of the teams with the most Euro-named squads, who arguably play in the least exotic places in the US, are playing in the MLS Cup. Look at those squads. Sure there are Beckermans, Zusis, Rimandos, great Americans, but also Morales, Saborio, Bieler, Collin, South Americans, Cubans, Central Americans, Frenchies... not your typical midwest city in the US.

17. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know something, you may have a good point here...it's becoming increasingly difficult to find a typical MLS American team these days. MLS has changed and is progressing nicely into the future. I guess what I was referring to is the gimmicky names of the past and the lack of productivity on the field. I guess today some folks would argue that teams like Red Bulls and Crew are gimmicky sounding names like the Wizards once was, but in regards to the quality on the pitch, the improvements are tremendous. As for the Kansas City story, it's a remarkable one and honestly in my opinion compared to what they once were, and to what they are now gives Miami soccer fans great hope to become a success story as well. I stand corrected, the MLS we're seeing today has become the typical MLS American soccer of sorts.

18. Scorpion26

Scorpion26 Member

May 1, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I think Miami FC/SC works.

19. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't think Beckham would call his team a "SC" as in soccer club, if this is the route he goes with the City name he'll follow that up with just an "FC" I believe. He may even go with the FC before the City name like in "FC Miami" Football Club Miami or Futbol Club de Miami. Now if he does use the "SC" before or after the City name it would probably represent Sporting Club.

20. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can see him using FC Miami, specially since Miami FC is owned by Traffic Sports.
    Any news about Beckham? I heard he has an interview tonight, im sure they will ask him about Miami MLS, at 7pm in England so in reality it should be around 2pm here? Maybe we here more info later on during the day.

BY the way Southern Legion launch party was good, a lot of people showed up and signed up. @chi chi
    If anyone here interested sign up at Southerlegionmls.com and sign up.

When is the next event? Maybe just to watch some soccer, or just to get together? Meeting? We should continue meeting so we don't lose the momentum.

21. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many were there? More or less what Strikers get for games? ;)

22. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, there was about 70+ I would imagine, because the supporter group brought about 70 scarfs, t-shirts and they were gone by the end of MLS Cup.

Hopefully they do an invent soon, maybe for the announcement im sure there would be more heads signing up and coming through.

23. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i signed up but was not able to attend the meeting. looking forward for more of them.

24. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somehow I envision him naming the club "Miami United FC". According to the US trademark website it is available.
    Somehow I envision him and his partner Simon Fuller, "Miami United". I checked the US trademark website and it is available.

25. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @SteveUSSF_ref8 @futbol in Miami

I like it Miami United FC, sounds good to me. Yea man definitely have to come to the next one, great people, good fun, we definitely have something going here.

Hope the announcement comes soon....