What should Hillary's strategy be?

Discussion in 'Elections' started by superdave, May 9, 2016.

1. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yes. I fully agree. And it appears that that is the strategy.

But Hillary could easily just sit back and eat popcorn and watch Teh Donald implode all on his own, he's that bad.

I don't recommend it. I think she should go for the jugular.

2. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    nice. I think the RNC would be far smarter to leave Trump to his own devices and turn their attention to the Senate, and limiting losses to the House.

3. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    I can't believe how accurate this is for the rights mindset haha. Kinda worrisome how we can have such disparate realities.

4. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In a way, we do have two realities. I'm not in the mood to search for it now, but a few weeks back I posted a link about how different is the economy from big cities to small towns and how most of the job gains are concentrated in major urban areas. At the same time, this is due in no small part, to the job of GOP governors and state legislatures that have crippled growth in Red America.

But off course, is the Black Gay Muslims fault, nothing to do with the people they keep voting for. That is the major disconnect.

5. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Well perhaps, but Britain has had a similar richer cities vs. poorer North issue going on for several decades now. This pattern seems to exist aside from the GOP, and aside from the EEC as well.

6. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Don't know enough about Britain to say if I'm correct, but most likely they don't they have a bunch of poor people in the north voting for the Tories, do they? @Naughtius Maximus ? Do you blokes have something similar to our right wing media over there?

7. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  8. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Er... YEAH! Where do you think yours comes from :D

Well, OK, you have your own as ell but Mucky Murdoch, (faux news), started off in Aus before going coming to the UK before going over there.

Our north is a bit like your south but, to be fair nothing LIKE as extreme. There are many other issues about low-cost, (or NO-cost in the case of slavery) labour but that's essentially the case.

9. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But do you have entire boroughs in the north voting for the Tories or conservatives? I don't doubt some poor people vote conservative as other poor people vote all over the world. But do you have a post-Tatcher dominance in some areas in anyway similar to what we have here in the states?

10. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Boy....you really are something...going all out for Hills. Need I remind you of what happened to Gladys Knight after you became wunna dapips! :whistling:

song219 repped this.
  11. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm trying to enjoy her lead as much as I can, before she gets indicted...

roby repped this.
  12. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No, there's no such thing as a 'southern strategy' based on racism in the same way as you have in the states. There is an anti-immigration movement represented mainly by UKIP but that's based on anti-EU immigration and they're all white, of course so within one generation, even from the point of view of racists, they're essentially 'British'.

dapip repped this.
  13. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    I will add to that with the invention and evolution of social media, people who lean one way can more easily find articles to suit their political leanings. People who lean left can find left-leaning websites. Right Wingers can do the same with the conservative websites. With every Allen B West, Breitbart or Conservative Thinker.com website you have a HuffPost, DailyKos and ThinkProgress.

This really helps the divide (not in a good way) as we saw at the end of the 2012 campaign. The Romney campaign never saw it coming.

stanger, dapip and Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  14. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Oh noes....For which one?

Cliff Claven err emailgate,
    Empowering Monicagate,
    Vince Fostergate,
    Whitewatergate,
    And Darryls favorite....BENGHAZIGATE. :unsure:

dapip repped this.
  15. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get that a lot of working-class English resent the fact that guys can come in from Poland or wherever and do construction work at a fraction of the going rate, driving down wages for the local people who have been doing that for years. And down the road, if these workers end up staying, raising families, etc., their kids will be "British."

But what about the previous generations of non-EU immigrants who have been there for a few generations already? I've met Asian (Indian/Pakistani/Sri Lankan) Britons who talk and act just like white Britons, but since they don't look like them, will the racist element really consider them "British?" I've also heard someone say that Black (Afro-Caribbean) Britons talk the same as white Britons, which I guess may be true to a point after the first generation, but it was my impression that race relations were a bit behind where they were in the US. Or at least that seemed to be the case in the '90s.