What Professional Player do You Compare to?

Discussion in 'Player' started by i07m, Aug 15, 2005.

1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I play defense most of the time (either as a CB or a SW) so my general characteristics are: very good reading of the game, excellent on the tackle (be it on normall challeges or sliding), difficult to beat 1v1, excellent in the air and though I am not the quickest once a guy takes the ball to the side to try and beat me I am able to recover very quickly (kinda weird, actually, and always reliable.
    I would like to say something like C. Metzelder or maybe Carragher.

Metro

2. FuTbALLeR8395

FuTbALLeR8395 New Member

May 15, 2006
    Anaheim
    i play sweeper so i like to compare myself to john terrry

3. mw26

mw26 New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Utah
    teddy sheringham. i'm the slowest striker in the world

4. Hate_Eternal

Hate_Eternal Member

Aug 6, 2006
    AVHC
    Im a slow CM, with (in my opinion) good ball handling, I'd say I would compare myself to Claudio Reyna. Not flashy but gets the job done. ;)

5. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Denilson/Eto'o rolled in one.

Love dribbling dribbling dribbling and an accurate power shot, and can poach good too. But just like Denilson don't understand jack about diagrams and tactics.

6. coppa

coppa New Member

Aug 21, 2005
    Downingtown, PA
    i play center back.

most likely reminds me of myself is puyol. :cool:

i used to have long hair comparable to his, instead of immense skill have more of an aggressive nature, and have leadership qualities. (see: puyol captain of barca):D

as for the rare occassion i play CM i like to think of myself as a zidane. :)

lol jk. i mirror some of him being that i spin around in circles a lot but im more of a clean up guy such as makalele. (sp)

7. smithxi

smithxi New Member

Aug 21, 2005
  8. clt49er

clt49er New Member

Oct 7, 2005
    Charlotte,NC
    <~ ETO'O....probably because I'm black, and look a lil like him at times...hahaha. But I seem to be tricky and very slippery, but I am very fast, hence ETO'O

9. boldaring

boldaring New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    name me a player 5'9 weak, slow, bad dribling skills, cant shoot, sits on the bench of the time, then we are getting somewhere

10. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Alan Smith.

11. schmuckatelli

schmuckatelli New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    I resemble that remark!

12. smithxi

smithxi New Member

Aug 21, 2005
    very funny shmuckatelli

I've changed my mind again, I now say Fabregas.

13. youcan'tseeme

youcan'tseeme New Member

Aug 23, 2006
    Alliston, Ontario
    I'd have to Cristiano Ronaldo, with the leadership of Thierry Henry, Robby Keane, and if it's maeks sense, Toronto Maple Leafs captain Mats Sundin ( i know he's a hockey player) if you've seen mats play you'd know what i mean.

14. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Riquelme

Relaxed style, not alot of sprints, not many skills or flicks, but I can slip a pass through the defenders better than anyone I know.

15. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You could've just written Pele, lol.

16. Todge

Todge New Member

Jan 13, 2007
    London
    i think id have to say Paul Scholes. My game was always about head up, distribution releasing other players, finding the perfect ball. i could also ping a ball like a demon. i remember once playing with mates before an exam, the keeper blocked one of my shots with his forarm and it had the markings of the balls patches on it quite clearly. 3 hours later we came out of the exam and they were still there :)

oddly when i played sunday league football from 12-15 i started at centre back, then moved to right back and then onto the right midfield. my right back and i had a really good understanding and were very adept at working the ball quickly from a defensive position down to the opposing box to whip the ball in.

17. ryan lfc

ryan lfc New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    canada
    i play like steven gerrard, im very physical and got great vision and can pass the ball very good. I like to get the ball and attack and I have a very good shoot. I also get back and defend quite well.