What Manager Game Do You Play?

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by Pompey.ca, Sep 12, 2007.

1. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    most of the manager games i've seen use fake players, and you make the club. Trophy Manager has a pro/rel pyramid for a ton of countries including the U.S. The top division is aptly named "Major League TM". i'm sure numerous other manager games use a similar naming convention.

2. Daveo3

Daveo3 New Member

Apr 30, 2008
    I play Trophy Manager. I have tried many of the other ones mentioned in this thread though found that I like TM much better.

3. placount

placount Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i play trophy manager and buzzerbeater, though thats basketball. i tried sokker and hattrick, but they just moved too slow for me. i like the 2-4 games a week of the other teams. i also like the division sizes in trophy manager better.

4. silentbob

silentbob Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Still playing CM 03/04.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how to remove/deactivate a league (i.e., so that its matches are no longer fully simulated)? The game is playing more slowly than I'd like.

5. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    damn rooney abuser;)

6. PARAdoxx

PARAdoxx New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    You should just go to Game Status screen and put the details of specific competitions to minimal or off. Can't remember exactly.

7. southernwebb04

southernwebb04 New Member

Sep 1, 2008
    I help run our own, non web based, but text based.

Haven't really ever tried the other managers out though.

8. Clichyftw

Clichyftw New Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I play:
    http://footstar.org - A very nice game where you control a single player. You train up his skills and watch him grow into a star. There is also a 2D match viewer. I am Shay Robertson (712). Feel free to contact me if you join.
    http://pmanager.org - Great game made by the same people as Footstar.
    http://hockeyarena.net - Best hockey game on the internet. Games played every night, lots of good competition.
    http://sokker.org - Amazing tactical game, and lots of fun to watch your matches.
    http://hattrick.org - meh.

9. MrAaarggh

MrAaarggh New Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Wow, I have played most of these games but I miss one of the best games I have played: OnlineFootballManager.co.uk The reason is that it is an original Dutch game that have just launched. Maybe that is the reason so many Dutch coaches travel around the world to do their coahing job ;) In Holland about 200.000 people play it daily!

Now they have launched an international version. In www.OnlineFootballManager.co.uk you choose to manage a real team from one of 35 leagues all over the world. All leagues are updated precisely and if you choose to play in Spain, you can become the manager of Barca, Real or any other team.

This game is not as 'deep' as FM but the fact that you play against at least 12 other human managers in a real league and a match is played every day (one day is one week in the league) makes it worth to play. The feedback of the results is fabulous. A brilliant newspaper and a scoreboard where you can watch the game minute by minute. Transfers are possible and give an exta dimension.

I would say.. dont disappoint yourself and give it a try. We could set up a Bigsoccer league?

Anyone?

10. Bowsan

Bowsan New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Oke, I'm in, Mister Aaargh! You'll be screaming your own name daily if you play with me in a league :D:D:D

11. comytzu

comytzu New Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I play ManagerLeague
    Here are some aspects of the game...

- complex game simulator, contains events so you can change tactics/players in match depending on any trigger you want
    - team training, individual player training, training camps
    - staff (coaches caretaker physio scout)
    - upgradable stadium (70000 seats, youth academy, 2500 vip boxes, shop, restaurant, training facilities, heating, scoureboard, lighting, parking, advertising space)
    - 2 championship matches/day (from monday to friday) and to training sessions
    - 250 friendlies per season
    - 2 custom cups in week-ends
    - a 17yo player from youth academy every season
    - a competition like ''Champions League'' called MLCL (managerleague champions league)
    - soon we hope for a new competition like Europe League
    - The game graphics it's going to be developed a lot

Try it you don't have anything to lose ManagerLeague

12. calix

calix New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    I play dugout-online Dugout-Online is a football management game where you take charge of a small and unknown club. Your goal is to bring that club to the top and win the World champions' cup! It won't be easy though, and you'll have to use your management, trading and tactical skills to the best of your ability if you want to stand a chance amongst thousands of other managers from all over the world. The game is actually never-ending, so all the data is passed from the season to the season. If, for example, you win a title in some lower division, your club gets promoted to a higher one, if you win a cup then you'll be defending the title next season and so on.

There is senior and youth leagues as well as cups for both teams. Players have talents that defines how good the player can be. The tactical options are way better than any other game i have played. The new engine is a bit complex but it makes the game more fun as the outcome can change due to skills, tactical formation and some randomness.

13. JD11

JD11 New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I play Trophy Manager is been out for nearly 4 years with nearly 200k managers that are playing in over 125 countries. It's very fun soccer manager sign up it is free so if you like to give it a try Click here-----> TrophyManager

14. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. CrewCat

CrewCat Member

Crew, Roma, Milan
    Aug 2, 2001
    CBus
    Aye, Trophey manager is my fix of choice...