What is your favorite soccer channel?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by sarabella, Sep 18, 2006.

1. drc003

drc003 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's definitely on DirecTV. I'm not sure about Dish.

2. wolvesmad-ben

wolvesmad-ben New Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Coseley
    sentana sports

3. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Direct Tv, for 15 dollars extra/per month... Money well spent..

4. Vasco

Vasco New Member

Jun 8, 2003
    RIO
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    i have FSC and GolTV

I love Goltv because of the different variety of countries. Spain being number #1

FSC is ok for the US market, I get mls games from them, although i watch CSN from DC for my united.

I am not a fan of English soccer so all of the English soccer of FSC does nothing for me. I am looking forward to the Open Cup game on Wednesday though.

5. Banal Minutia

Banal Minutia New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    New Jersey
    Yea FSC had Manchester v Arsenal ....but that was rare that they get the best game...often they do not get the best games at all...usually Setanta gets them and FSC gets Fulham v Charlton....FSC always gets thrown a couple bones at the beginning of the season and then by november has absolutely none of the real top games...

6. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You need to watch it a little more.. There has been a decent game on, every week...

7. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
    Bullcrap. GolTV = laLiga = best week-in-week-out play in Europe. Ray Hudson is a riot. Nuff said.

8. Justin Cedar

Justin Cedar New Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Edwardsville,IL/STL
    While Ray Hudson is the best comentator on tv, it's unfortunate he's not on FSC. While I do watch all of these channels in question, my fav hands down is FSC! Why? MLS! MLS! MLS!

If you're not watching MLS, then you're not a fan of US Soccer.
    I've only seen one actual game on GolTV in recent memory and that was the Open Cup last year. Can MLS have contrats with HDNet, ESPN/ABC, FSC, AND GolTV all at the same time? I hope so.

Watching games on HDNET is the most fun right now. Seeing a game in HD is a totally different experience and a whole new level of fun.

9. Bend_it

Bend_it Member

Jun 13, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMHO Fox Soccer Channel ranks first for production values, the EPL, Argentina, MLS and Mexican game of the week. Gol TV has La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Central America but the production is often poor and the commentary is mediocore except for the splendid Ray Hudson -- I'd watch any game he's doing the commentary on. Don't have Sentana but hopefully DISH will pick it up soon. Seeing some of their broadcasts online and they rock. ESPN???? Well, yeah the some of the commentators are pisspoor and they seem to have enough technical diffciulties for a network with so much clout, but the bottom line is that they seem to be programming more games (even if they are on ESPN Classic) and some of the corporate guys there are soccer fans, so the future is brighter considering the mass market they try to appeal to.
    We can all find things to bitch about (like where is the French League nowdays), but bottom line, there are a lot of games to watch and my DVR is constantly full. Life is good.

10. Banal Minutia

Banal Minutia New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    New Jersey
    they get a decent game every week....wow thats compelling stuff...thats your argument for them being the best channel...when goltv gets barca, real madrid, valencia, inter and parma, roma all live (or most live) every week and some uefa cup....and setanta gets the best games from england (for the most part) and champions league...how does fsc even compare?

11. Zitor

Zitor New Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Chicago
    The real problem with ESPN is that they show Soccer for the "ESPN fan", not for the "Soccer Fan".

12. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TYC SPORTS channel 427 on direct TV. EL CANAL DEL FUTBOL ARGENTINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

13. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    FSE because of Copa Sudamericana and Copa Libertadores.

Then GolTV

14. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    And TyC is great too!

15. erik79

erik79 New Member

Sep 26, 2006
    Definitely GolTV! They are the only channel showing the German Bundesliga.

16. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Plus add Copa Del Rey, Copa Italia, German Cup, and UEFA Cup.

I would say Setanta Sports is next. ( EPL, SPL, Ligue 1, Dutch Eredivise and tons of Champions League)

FSC is 3rd for me, for an occassional Arsenal match and the EPL preview/highlight shows.

17. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    GolTV. No contest. There is rarely a game I'm interested in on FSC. If I were an MLS or (especially) an EPL fan, though, FSC would be a dream come true.

18. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think you guys are all forgetting one the FSC has that trumps all. DREAM TEAM!!!! LETS GO DRAGONS!!! LOL

19. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    FSC. They have their errors, but it has what I want. Then GolTV. Haven't seen Setanta enough.

I actually perfer TV5 and Univision/Galavision over ESPN and ABC.

20. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    donde este el futbol de espana, y menos comentarios sobre futbol mexicano:D ...

21. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Premiere, best on the planet. each game offers commentary in a variety of languages, for CL you get every game, your choice, or a running sampler. for Nat teams, you sometimes get six games on the screen at once.
    Bund hookup is actually tougher this year, but prem, serie a, la liga, championat, austria, erie, poland...and games on 24 hours a day, seven a week...

22. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    What is this? Can one get it in the USA?

23. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just get FSC and Setanta.. It's much better....

24. destruktion

destruktion BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 30, 2006
    Woodland,CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I voted Univision because they show most mexican soccer games. I just wish they go Hi-Definition.2nd choice is Fox Sports en Espanol due to international touraments. The best commentators are from Azteca America my 3rd choice.

25. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it's german. it is 19 euro a month, but that includes bbc news, euronews, cnn int (which is all I watch, but it has a bunch of movie channels and other crap).
    Is FSC and Sentanta a better combo? When I left the states, there was nothing on this level, but that's great news.