What is the problem with Canada?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by LouisianaViking07/09, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yeah, ok... no need to troll here

jagum and jaykoz3 repped this.
  2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FIFA has Canada 71 spots ahead of Guatemala, and ELO has them 13 spots ahead of Guatemala. ELO has Canada 23 spots ahead of El Salvador, while FIFA has El Salvador of the best of the three. I'm not saying Canada has great wins, but I'm not going to believe they're a minnow unless you do the same thing for a bunch of countries in different confederations and show them with better wins than Canada has.

3. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Costa Rica seemed way weak this time around. And perhaps their young talent isn't enough to capture the momentum of 2014. If Canada can surge in the right moment, they could snag a spot in 2022 for 3rd or that 4th team via play-off.

4. PhillyJawn_guy

PhillyJawn_guy Red Card

York 9 FC
    United States
    Nov 17, 2018
    Philadelphia, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Canada's A team is already better than the US. While we don't have a capable goalscorer, Canada has several. Also Canada's no.1 keeper is consistently starting and even kept a clean sheet vs Liverpool. The US has Pulisic, but Canada has Davies, Tabla, David, Millar, and a few others with higher ceilings. So the problem is depth, and the CPL already solved the problems that the USSF still fights over and denies and while the US wasted 13 months doing nothing Canada is busy launching a new league, a reformed development system, and has a coach with a vision and clear goals set for 2022 and 2026.

I went to the Voyageurs forum and Canada's coach prepared for St. Kitts and Nevis by practicing on a crappy pitch while before T&T last year idiot Arena had his foot in his mouth daring hotshot Euro teams to play in Concacaf.

I'll let Robert Borden expand further. Canada will be better than the US this cycle.

5. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Is that you "Mister215Guy"?

This poster used to troll on the Voyageur Forums all the time by posting anti-American soccer posts while being an American. No need to pass yourself as a Canadian here... you write the same way and the same stuff

No I won't. We haven't proven anything yet. That's for the Gold Cup, League of nations and WCQ to determine that.

6. PhillyJawn_guy

PhillyJawn_guy Red Card

York 9 FC
    United States
    Nov 17, 2018
    Philadelphia, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sir, I'm not trolling but telling the truth. I think Canada's A team has surpassed the USA right now at least on paper. I'm not Canadian, I'm an American who has lost all hope for US soccer and I decided to follow Canada since you guys have a well organized CSA and are more focused with a plan unlike the big mess the USSF is in. Also I like how Canada acknowledges problems needing to be fixed instead of thinking everything's fine and continue with status quo.

I'd be ecstatic if the USSF had a president even 1/10 as effective as Montagliani. I'm also jealous on how Canada already accepts solidarity payments and recognizes that pro/rel soccer is essential, 2 things the US are in denial about. I'm sorry for coming off as a troll but I really admire what Canada's doing in contrast to the US's dysfunction that gets worse everyday.

7. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First, no, I'm not going to go to a bunch of federations and look at a decade of soccer for a bunch of other countries. If you want to, go right ahead.

Second, I'm not saying that Canada is below El Salvador or Guatemala, but that they are on the same level. Their wins are very similar. Canada, like El Salvador and Guatemala, gets knocked out of the semi-finals of CONCACAF WCQ. Canada, like El Salvador and Guatemala, beats teams like Cuba (very small Caribbean teams), and sometimes pips Honduras or Panama. That's what I'm basing my reasoning off of. Both achieve similar ceilings.

We could also look at the last decade of Gold Cups. Canada has amassed 19 points at the Gold Cup. El Salvador has amassed 17. Canada has qualified for the GC knockout rounds 2 times in that span. El Salvador, 3. Same level.

Talent-wise, Canada's going to be above them now, but results-wise, I'm going to wait and actually see them translate that talent into results.

8. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  9. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Guatemala's ranking tanked because they were banned and weren't playing matches for almost 2 years.

10. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Game day today and the game (all CONCACAF qualifiers) is available on https://www.oz.com

It's refreshing to see the players praising manager John Herdman as the most different they've seen. He's certainly the most detailed oriented the team has ever seen leaving nothing to chance or imponderable.

Players training for today's game

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  11. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    #1861 Robert Borden, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    Canada defeats St Kitts and Nevis 1-0

Canada secures its qualification for the 2019 Gold Cup.

Qualification to League A to be decided this spring during the last LoN Qualifier day. Canada will be playing French Guiana at BMO Field in Toronto.

Qualifiers standings
    Screenshot_2018-11-18 2019–20 CONCACAF Nations League qualifying - Wikipedia.png
    (Z) Cannot qualify for Gold Cup.

Reminder

League A

1. 4 groups of 3
    2. Winner of each groups advances to Championship stage
    3. 2nd place of each groups stays in League A
    4. 3rd plays of each group will be relegated to League B
    5. League A starts Fall 2019 during FIFA windows

Tom Collingsworth and HomietheClown repped this.
  12. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    1064550393709903872 is not a valid tweet id

13. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    1064897654440620032 is not a valid tweet id
    “I am going to formally ask the Toronto FC top brass to get Jonathan Osorio to join us for next season on loan. We have qualified for Copa Libertadores and need to strengthen our roster,” Independiente Medellin coach Octavio Zambrano told Sportsnet.

-Octavio Zambrano, also former coach of the Canadian Men's National team

14. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  15. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  16. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So 4 non-soccer playing nations in the top 6.

Jamaica and Curacao making up the other two.:p

17. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Haiti is a non-soccer nation? :ROFLMAO:

18. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Bayern Munich coach confirms that Alphonso Davies will play for Bayern Munich 1st team as of this season.

This is fantastic news for Canadian soccer as Alphonso Davies will inspire the next generation to reach new heights which will be facilitated by the Canadian Premier League
    . Same on the women side with Jordyn Huitema for women, which is Canada's next Christine Sinclair and she's only 17. Hilariously enough...they happen to be dating :ROFLMAO:

19. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  20. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  21. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    #1871 Robert Borden, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    Junior Hoilett scores the winning goal for Cardiff City with that crazy strike.

He'll be one to watch at the Gold Cup

1068626684474052608 is not a valid tweet id

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  22. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was actually a Canadian-developed player that made it to the U17 Women's WC final, but she chose to play for Mexico. Obviously the team had a number of USA-developed players too.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I could watch that Hoilett goal all day.

It is a thing of beauty.

24. CANPRO

CANPRO Member+

Dec 23, 2002
    CPL signings starting to be announced. There will be 12 pro soccer clubs in Canada next year.

Is this the end of soccer pergatory? Maybe.

25. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    2 goals for Liam Millar, ther hype is real. European clubs and MLS are after him, hoping he stays in Europe.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/07/interest-mounts-in-liverpool-starlet-liam-millar/

The teenager is out of contract at Liverpool next summer and Millar's suitors are ready to sign the forward on a pre-contract deal from January.

English Championship clubs, Scottish Premiership sides and clubs from Germany, Holland as well as Major League Soccer teams are ready to pounce and lure Millar away from Anfield by offering him a pathway to regular first-team football.