What do you think about SuperLiga?

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by DCU1996, Aug 4, 2008.

1. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Any Mexican club fans care about this? Mexican club fans in US or in Mexico?

How the clubs actually treat this tourney?

2. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If you read any of the Hanna Barbera Cup threads you will see overwhelming majority could care less about this money grab.

3. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Pretty much what sidspaceman.It's a win or die for the mmls fans though.

4. upsidedownflag

upsidedownflag New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    SoCal
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hey all![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It's a beautiful summer night here in Cali![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It's 7:45pm and there is a nice breeze outside on the patio, and I'm just typing away on my trusty laptop. I know I should have something to say about the H.B. Cup, but with Manny Ramirez going to the Dodgers and playing in San Luis tonight, and Team USA taking on Australia in an Olympic basketball exhibition, plus there is some paint drying outside on the garage...so, you can see that this sock-her cup that keeps bad refs employed, and landscapers unemployed (all important games have to be played on alternative turf—which slows the game down) is nowhere near a clear option for tonights television entertainment. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]However, the paint is kicking ass, baby![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]PAINT! PAINT! PAINT![/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]LETS GO PAINT! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Molecules are reforming themselves as the paint on the wall begins to dry—creating its final look and texture—that is, until the decay begins. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]But about this cup, I mean what is there to say about it? I saw one game—Chivas--it sucked from jump street! No futbol in usa sock-her. Hey but there's always the fake grass![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I think the best thing about this cup...for anyone at all who may have been like sorta watching it for one reason or another, which I could not fathom in any case:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The Best Things About The H.B. Cup AKA Supa-Jigga![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]#1. Douche-bag Donovan isn't playing in it![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]#2. At least there is no dust on your balls.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]#3. Do you have a penis so short you piss on your own balls?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]#4. Is that your memory drive in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]#5. Is Ann Coulter Beautiful?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I really gotta think on this one...I mean when I see her on Hannity & Colmes (to catch all the lies) she doesn't look half bad, and then the camera shows another view and then she makes her already thin lips thinner when she starts getting angry about the Democrats and immigration and blah blah blah...So in one sense, with the help of a good bottle of wine, strategically placed candle light, Aventura playing in the background, and a heavy duty gas-mask, well sir, I could show her a thing or two. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]And then again, I could in another sense see her propped up in a corn-field protecting it from the crows.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I don't know, what do you think?[/FONT]

5. Puma76

Puma76 Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Oakland Ca.
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    In the words of Mosco the Great - " I agree":eek: .(except the dodgers thing. I'm an A's fan:p)

6. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    it's interesting to see sum MFL vs MLS games every now and then and they are good preseason games for the MFL teams...but between refereeing, crappy fields and the usual "if we win we're getting better but if we lose it's because we're missing one player" mls fan on these boards i rather just wait for the regular season..

that and the fact that i cant really comment or share opinions about the games with friends from mexico cuz they either don't care, they just think the whole thing is a joke or they dont even know when the games are being played..

plus my team ain't in it, so i watch some games because i like soccer not because of the "big rivalry" between mfl and mls...so its hard to get into a tournament with no real value

7. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    its the worst tournament mexican teams play in

8. Dynamic

Dynamic New Member

Aug 1, 2008