What color do we wear to honor the '02 team?

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by ColdCuts, Oct 4, 2002.

1. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    They only suck with MLS, not with the nats. KO @ 3:00 on ESPN 11/17/02

2. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ABC* oops. Is that 3 pm Eastern or Pacific?

3. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    eastern

wear ************ing red, it's what everyone says

************ white, ************ blue, ************ teal

people in korea is an entirely different story... we are in the united states, so we wear god damn ************ing red

4. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to further confuse the issue, it will be mid November here in DC so you might need a coat (or there's always the red US sweatshirt!)

K

5. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Available now at USsoccerstore.com

http://www.ussoccerstore.com/us20205571.html

6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how about wear what you want to wear and don't let other people influence your decision. This is america after all, and you're free to do what you want.

7. Cajun

Cajun New Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Red! We are playing at home, and it is red! When we play in Korea, or Costa Rica, wear white or blue, or f@#$@#$#$# purple. But, at home, it is red.

8. pete, you know better than that

we wear red

9. ColdCuts

ColdCuts Member

Jan 31, 2001
    Queens, NYC
    Survey says... RED!

You must've come in late. The sole reason I started this thread was to GET OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS. As you can see, the overwhelming response was: wear RED. As a result, in a gesture of solidarity, I will continue to wear my '98 red jersey to all the USMNT matches that I'm able to attend. Next stop: RFK 11/17.

PS: I know this is America; but, thanks anyway smarta$$.

10. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It's not an "opinion" thing, and Sam's Army doesn't tell anyone else what to wear. If you want to be in the Sam's Army section it is considered bad form to wear any other color.

Why? Because after 7 years of trying we have enough trouble getting everyone to wear the same color we've been telling them to wear the whole damn time. Imagine what we'd get if we changed the color ever year? Sam's Army picked the color red, and they're sticking with it. Yank Army, Project Mayhem, or any other group can choose another color - or no color at all. Who cares.

If you buy a Sam's Army ticket, please be considerate and wear red. It's real simple.

For the record, I was wearing red in Daegu - unlike the schmuck next to me. ;)
    [​IMG]

11. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    'Canes suck!

BTW, Sam's Army isn't selling tickets for the game on the 17th (but the SEs, La Norte and Barra Brava are so take your pick).

K

12. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Forget the guy next to you. What's with the shirt of the guy behind you?

13. ColdCuts

ColdCuts Member

Jan 31, 2001
    Queens, NYC
    It's not an "opinion" thing?

Hey AndyMead: Actually, it IS an "opinion" thing. Further, don't be ridiculous: Sam's Army DOES tell everyone what color to wear--not that there's anything wrong with that but, c'mon! There are no two ways about it; they sure as hell do!

Personally, I'm wearing red for two reasons: First, because a great deal of US fans wear red and feel passionately about it. Second, because I want to be instantly identifiable as a USA supporter. When I started this thread I thought this point had been called into question because the team had ceased to wear red; however, this thread has convinced me otherwise.

14. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Cold Cuts got a point.

IF we want to help do our part to promote soccer in the USA, we need to closely identify with what the national team wears.

Red is a "grabbing" and "fun" color. Part of promoting soccer depends on the fun we have on the stands. The red color compliments the visual effect. Every one enjoys that sense of belonging. The color red does a good of a job then any other color to help identify a group that is more then welcoming towards those who feel the need for that sense of belonging.

I think we should all write to the USSF about changing the color of the National team shirt back to red; as a marketing/ advertising strategy.

I have a feeling most of the dudes in the USSF are related. Just not enough effective marketing or advertising.

Lets write that letter and get red back on the field so that we can help promote our nationality, and our national team effectively. The white jersey, while somewhat attractive, just isnt eye catching enough for our sweet demanding eyes.

15. eurojack

eurojack Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Wear Red!!!! It's simple.

Red stands out more. IF you wear blue or white you will appear (from a distance or on tv or from the players vantage) as if you are a Salvadoran fan. Now you might not care about that. But when you read the paper the next day that 90% of the people were wearing the blue and white of El Salvador, don't go crying that the press bashes American soccer fans.

Why go to the game if you are not going to support the team? The team will see all the blue and white and think that they have no home fans whatsoever. You don't even have to wear a jersey. Players on the field cannot see the team crest on your shirt, but they can see the color of your shirt.

Wear red because it has been established as the US Nats team fans colors. The players recognize it.

End of story.