What Club Is Currently The Best In Spain?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by EvanJ, Jan 19, 2014.

?

What Club Is Currently The Best In Spain?

Poll closed Feb 19, 2014.
  1. Barcelona

52.6%
  2. Real Madrid

36.8%
  3. Atletico Madrid

10.5%
  1. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barcelona and Real Madrid may be rich, but if you add up points from 2013-2014 La Liga and 2013-2014 UEFA Champions League, Atletico Madrid has the most.

2. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    (could be bias, but)

Barca. They are the reigning Liga champions and they lead the current Liga. The difference to the Madrid teams is very small though, but if a club must be named, it should be Barca.

3. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Problem with UEFA Coefficient is this, it awards a team for failure.

Example.. Atletico de Madrid is not good enough to make it into the Knock-out stages of the CL, so it gets sent to a lesser competition and it wins there, getting a higher coefficient than a team that's good enough to make the CL semi finals.

4. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Season 14 had not reached the end ... and Real/Barca will only get more points in next few months ...

It has been a TWO HORSES legaue since 2005 til now ... (liga)

5. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't even using the UEFA coefficients to make my case for Atletico Madrid, and they did easily make the 2013-2014 Knockout Stages.

6. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    So did Barca and Real, also Barca is top of their league in 13-14.

Like somebody else already said, Barca is defending champ and leading the league once again. Why would we believe another team is better than them?

7. XxXsoccer_fanXxX

Aug 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well, Real Madrid could potentially have beat them in the El Clasico, but luck let them win.

8. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Luck? It was a football match, and they lost.

Besides, it is one match we talk about anyway. If we'd accept that they "lost because of luck" (which we I don't agree), we can say they had luck in other matches to let them get three points.

Real Madrid? The second best in Spain currently, though with a very fine margin to Barca (and not that huge margin to At. Madrid). It would almost be fair to say Madrid and Barca are even, but if we're exact, Barca is a bit ahead.

9. SoccFan35

SoccFan35 Member

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago
    At this very moment (as far as we've gone in 2014) I would say Real Madrid. I'm buying into that defense but guess they haven't faced any good teams. Wouldwait to see how first leg of UCL series go.

10. XxXsoccer_fanXxX

Aug 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One match? Let's look at last season and it's results. 3-1?

11. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You were the one who brought up "one match" (el Clasico), I countered with saying luck can be said to play a role in all matches and thus it sort of evens itself out.

Last season? Ok...
    Barca 100 points.
    Real Madrid 85 points.

Sure you beat us in CdR and that's all fine. But 15 points gap in Liga is a stronger argument, imo. Agree to disagree though if you feel like it.

12. XxXsoccer_fanXxX

Aug 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    True, but are we talking about trophies or the skill of the team and it's worth? Real Madrid is a better team than Barcelona, but they work together better, and that's mainly why they are more successful.

However, I'm just trying to say they're dominance is not as strong as it used to be and they can't be the best team in Spain. Technically, they are tied by all accounts with ATM but I guess we could see the winner of the Copa Del Rey.

13. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    how you measure their "working together better" and "more successful" (then say Barca)? in term of what? your saying? or your thinking?

14. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I dunno. I guess "who is currently the best"?

If we talk about the reasons why clubs do as well as they do, it becomes another discussion. Anyway, I dunno to what you base your opinions on. Real Madrid better than Barca? Then are they behind them in the table, while also lost to them by 15 points (!) last season?

Technically, they're not "tied by all accounts". If you'd say "practically Barca and Real are even today", I could almost agree.

15. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    1. Real Madrid
    2. Atletico Madrid
    2. Barcelona

[]__[]