What are we getting with Mr. James McFadden???

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by UdiHrant, Dec 22, 2015.

1. UdiHrant

UdiHrant Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like my local club will be employing your James McFadden. Can any Motherwell fans give us an idea of what (if anything) to expect? I see that he's 32 and has been on and off the pitch in recent seasons so we have no way of anticipating his fitness level. Any impressions of the guy would be appreciated.

Thanks

Philadelphia Union S.O.B. fan...

2. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    Faddy's pretty much finished. I honestly thought he would have retired in the summer.

3. Golden Vision

Golden Vision New Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Merseyside, England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not much. Pretty much finished when he left Everton the first time. Injuries aside, never of true premiership quality even in his prime.

4. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    I don't think it's true that he never had that quality. He was never a top player at that level, but he had something which made him a very useful player - he was capable of very special goals against quality opposition. His problem was that he drifted in and out of games. He was actually beginning to play some of his best stuff consistently for Birmingham when his knee injury happened.

Don't forget that he was only 24 when he left Everton the first time round, and had only just turned 27 when he done his knee in. He never really recovered from that; he had on ok year at Motherwell, but struggled to ever look fully fit.

Great player for Scotland on his day, just a pity his career at that level was cut short.

5. Golden Vision

Golden Vision New Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Merseyside, England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As I said, never very effective as a Premiership player as 24 goals in 201 appearances would bear out, I may have been a little harsh but very never highly regarded as a Everton player

6. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    He was a frustrating player. The talent was there. But he was never consistent. i don't know if that is down to coaching, a bad attitude or just a lack of concentration.