What are Sams-Army's plans as far as tickets go in Germany?

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by tkgunn, Sep 13, 2005.

1. tkgunn

tkgunn Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NJ
    I am bringing at least 3 friends to Germany for the world cup and to give them the best experience possible I think were going to try and sit with Sams Army. This might have been brought up already but I was wondering if SA is planning on sitting behind the goals in the cat 4 seats. I would imagine that nothing would be definate until after the draw and the USSF ticket allotment but if there is any news I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance,,,,anyone else starting to get really excited?

2. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the plans are to be in either Cat III or Cat IV. We're trying to see if US Soccer is going to help SA with tickets like they did for Korea.

3. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    They better or it's all our asses. Most guys didn't get lucky in the first lottery, so the USSF needs to start figuring out who are its most loyal fans! (of course, that includes me - 2 please, for each match, kind sirs!)

4. Wizhawk

Wizhawk Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many tickets will the USSF get, and out of those, how many would be given to SA?

5. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the problem. No one knows. I'm hoping that since they helped out SA last time, they'll do it again, but really ... who knows.

6. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
  7. Wizhawk

Wizhawk Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So 8% would be roughly 3800-4500 tickets or so, right? And does anyone know how the USSF would go about distributing those?

8. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc
    I believe they are planning a ussoccerfan lottery or something. A silly solution if you ask me. There are about 15 people who need be in the section, and then 100s more who deserve those tickets. I know there are imperfections with measuring loyalty by attendance at qualifiers, but I do not think it is unreasonable for those who have traveled all over this quartersphere to have an expectation that USSF will help them carry that passion to the WC Finals as well.

In short, I have no clue what the actual plan is ;)

9. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the end, the corporate sponsors will snatch up the tickets and in turn, that will give the shaft to the hardcore supporters. Especially the ones who bring it gameday.

Typical bs if you asked me.

10. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great! So there should be a bunch of tickets available on EBAY shortly :rolleyes:

11. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    We should have a fan camp and try-out next spring; you'd have to show your red; demonstrate knowledge of US Soccer and the MNT in particular; lead an original chant and song; pass a screaming/yelling endurance test; show you can heckle creatively on the spot; drop some German phrases to show you've done your homework; maybe take PK v. Reis as a tiebreaker.

12. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then I should pass with flying colors... :(

13. InteristAmerica

InteristAmerica BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 26, 2005
    Boston, MA usa
    if you are not in the 8 percent who get them form us soccer, how do u go about getting the other tickets before they are sold out? that leaves 84 percent of stadium empty after both teams tickets go....

???

14. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    Scalp outside the stadium or get scalped by Soccertravel....

15. Clinton AFC

Clinton AFC New Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Clinton
    Perhaps if you put on a Mexican or another shirt from a Central American nation and, using your best Spanish, requested one, you might get a ticket. I see tons of those guys at US games here in the States! :)

Vayamos EEUU!