What a US 'B' team would look like

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by hotjam2, Dec 6, 2018.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    judging the way yanks are cleaning up in the goal scoring department in down under's W-League. They could create a team & be easily be top 5(since lackluster as they may be in their own league, the Aussie are currently ranked 6th in the world. Here's current league scoring table(scroll a little below) But as right now Americans make 4 of the top 7/or players with 3 goals & up)
    Summary - W-League - Australia - Results, fixtures, tables and news - Women Soccerway

so here would be my lineup(from only the W-League)

GK..................................Bledsoe

D...Huerta......Naughton......Barnes/Brooks.........Gililiand

M..Mautz/Weatherbolt.........Colaprico.......Naim/Stanton........Mautz/Pickett

F..Latsko..................Hill/Mccaskill.....................Spencer/Stengel

surely would be another all-star lineup with only NCAA players or Euro based, or just taking a break between seasons NWSL players

2. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    USA B-Team could win a medal still.

3. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I recall an international tournament a year ago in Turkey where a French "B" team competed -- and won. So, the idea of a U.S. "B" team appeals to me. It would be a training ground for up and coming players and, occasionally, a place for injured NT players to recover their form after injury.