West Bromwich Albion v. Norwich City (11 Nov) [R]

Discussion in 'West Bromwich Albion' started by DevilDave, Nov 9, 2006.

1. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Albion welcome Norwich to the Hawthorns Saturday. Right now, several matches into the reign of Tony Mowbray, Albion seem to have developed a pattern quite familiar to supporters of Hibernian: decent performance in attack, but failing to earn the results to match. We've got to do a better job of finishing chances, and then denying the opposition at the back if we've got the lead late on. Can we do that against a Norwich side with their own new, mostly untested manager Peter Grant?

Former Baggie Robert Earnshaw - a player not rated by our previous manager - has scored 10 goals this season for the Canaries, one goal less than the rest of his team-mates combined. I'm certain many Albion fans wish he had remained at the Albion. Perhaps if he had not been sold to Norwich, we might have stayed up last season. I myself was not very happy with his attitude, and his occasional sulking and moaning.

Zoltan Gera and Richard Chaplow are injury doubts for Albion, but Darren Carter should be returning from injury. Paul Robinson will not be in the team during this final game of a three-match ban for his red card at Blues.

2. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    West Bromwich Albion 0 Norwich City 1

ARGH!!! It's happened AGAIN. How many times will our inability to finish be our undoing this season? Sort it out Mowbray! :mad:

All it took was a neat header from Earnie to give the visitors the three points. Yet again, however, it seemed we had more and better chances than the Canaries and should have buried them.