Pre-match: Weltmeister vs. Gibraltar 11/14/15

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by P to the Wee, Nov 14, 2014.

1. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pomadiger Auftritt.

"Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  2. ∆lemão

∆lemão Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Podolski should not be allowed to play another international game. Can't even hit the back of the net against Gibraltar and has scored only five goals over the last four years in 38 games. Not a striker.

3. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why can't he hit the net!? For a guy who is heralded for his technical shooting skills, lately he can't hit the broad side of a barn.

4. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    The NT is totally out of form after the World Cup. It is not the first team in history that has performance problems after a big title and won't be the last, but next year coach and team must stop this messed up game and show effective football again.

5. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Spiegel said it best with their headline "the 4:0 debacle".

6. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who gives a ******** about that match, it's not even important for goal difference. As if a 10:0 would mean anything either. The press and some followers should come back to earth.

Btw no Neuer against Spain

MatthausSammer repped this.
  7. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't often agree with Dage, but yes, people need to chill out and take the 4-0.

8. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am of 2 minds in this. First there is concern that the team is not playing up to the standards that we expect, and really they should have done better against Gibraltar. On the other hand they have had trouble with teams that park the bus and that's the way everyone seem to be playing against us: frustrate our attack and hope for the counter. Also a I think we are missing a lot of our on the field leadership - Lahm retired and Schweinsteiger is chronically injured. The current players don't strike me as being leaders on the pitch - perhaps someone will correct me in this (and I 'm sure they will).

On the other hand, it could be worse - Faroe Islands defeated Greece.

9. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It is what it is. I think everyone wanted a more commanding performance against the group's minnows to erase the absolute madness that was last month's international break. Yes, I would have preferred a total slaughtering, and it wasn't like the players weren't aiming to achieve just that.

I'm mostly looking forward to the rematch with Poland. I will have expectations.

10. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think next year will be better. We hopefully won't have everyone injured and the summer they'll regain their health and rest.

As long as we make 2nd or 3rd even our Fifa ranking will give us top seed anyway right?