Welcome to MUFC Fellaini

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Father Ted, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    If Fellaini had been English and at any other club there would have been a media and fan outcry. That they side with a cheating Argentine says it all.

benni..., Gilma1990 and Ashur repped this.
  2. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #702 Ashur, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Aguero was smart during the incident with Fellaini - Mourinho

www.bbc.com/sport/football/39741179

Anyone calling Fellaini's nod down to Aguero a headbutt, either never actually saw what a headbutt looks like or better yet, never felt the effects of one. This was very reminiscent of when Wilshere tried to get in Fellaini's face during the game at the Emirates.
    The only difference, Fellaini did not react to the taunt and it resulted in Wilshere looking stupid climbing up Fellaini's chest, while yesterday, he simply nodded down to Aguero to go face to face and Aguero reacted like he'd been shot.
    The decision ultimately was what it was and Fellaini really shoud have used better judgment, but it's still a bad joke...

3. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hopefully we don't have any Argentine mods

Gilma1990 repped this.
  4. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's safe to say that Fellaini's devotion to Jose is complete at this point. He told the Belgian press that he'd "break his foot" for Jose.
    This comes in the wake of recent comments where he mentions that Jose, along with his teammates trust him.

www.bbc.com/sport/football/39998989

5. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    He's earned his respect. Every year hes ended up in our best XI, when the games get important.

Say what you want about his lack of skill, but he gets my respect for always showing up.

There are way more talented players on this team, but they fail at their jobs (Shaw, Martial, Mhiki, Rooney, etc). Theres no excuse for them not putting in the effort he does.

I wouldnt even sell him unless its China money.

Futbol_Head, J'can, jeff070 and 3 others repped this.
  6. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    His footballing talent is nearly non-existent. But he does more with less than most players. His performance in the EL final was second only to Herrera.

J'can and benni... repped this.
  7. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

8. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Please let this be true. However, it can only happen if we get another CM in this window. Just for number purposes. This would also mean more games for AP and TFM which is good.

sdotsom, Chaz Striker and gatekeeper2 repped this.
  9. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    If true, it would mean a big jinx would be lifted from the club with both of Moyes' biggest mistakes gone.

sdotsom repped this.
  10. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great professional, decent player, awful fit for the club. Will be happy to see him go, but in the last three seasons he has earned my respect. All the best MF

johno and sdotsom repped this.
  11. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Please indeed let this be true.

12. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Personally, I think we'd only ship him if we had a replacement on deck.

13. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Who is the second?

14. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Rooney

johno repped this.
  15. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He only has a year on his contract, so this could just be a bargaining move by his agent or is possible he hasn't been offered a decent contract.

Provided we get a CM replacement he would go with my best wishes. Agree with @Fotbol_Head he is a decent professional at the wrong team - would make a decent 8/10 at another club if you accept his limitations.

For a club like us his touch, passing and goalscoring are not good enough to be an 8/10 and he is no #6.

16. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If we are prepared to play TFM and AP in midfield, I don't much care if we sign a replacement (even if it is likely we wouldn't let him go without one).

Pogba
    Herrera
    Carrick
    TFM
    AP

That's not a whole lot, but there's Blind and Tuanzebe as well.

I'd rather bring no one in than bring in a mediocre player. In Pogba and Herrera we have an elite midfield pair. We need to build on that. Make it oppressive, beyond dominant.

Futbol_Head and cr7torossi repped this.
  17. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #717 Ashur, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    A replacement for Fellaini is really not needed at all, if he goes. We've got what we need in that department already present at the club.
    The only concern in midfield is the need for a holding mid. That still is needed, whether Fellaini stays or goes.

18. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    A new player needs to be brought in.

benni... repped this.
  19. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm all for giving the kids a chance, but it comes with a huge risk. If Herrera goes down for an extended period of time we are absolutely ********ed.

20. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No. No we aren't. Still have Pogba and Carrick who can walk past 95% of the league.

21. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #721 Sofabloke, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    We desperately need a DCM Carrick replacement. Protect the back four, help with defending set-pieces, start the transition from defence to attack, resist the press in a vital area of the pitch, spot the foward pass, intercept, provide energy, cover the ground, win the midfield battle, free Pogba to roam.

It is a weird one, talk of Fellaini going does shine a much brighter light on this but in all honesty he is terrible as a #6.

With him here or with him gone we have to get a #6 this window regardless IMO.

22. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Pogba and Herrera are excellent at all if those things. We don't need a 6 as bad as we need a wing threat. An attack that pushes the other team back is more important to us now.

J'can repped this.
  23. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I tend to agree. My main concern is a potential influx of fixtures, especially if Herrera or Pogba are out and Carrick has heavy legs from 2-3 games in a short period. Don't want to leave anything to chance since I feel this season we really need to make a statement. Integrating the youth could reap benefits for the future, but we must be prepared for the hiccups that may occur along the way.

24. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    If we are forced to play Fellaini for any extended series of fixtures, we are finishing 5th to 7th.

Might as well play kids with upside, you might finish even lower or TFM and AP develop into serious players.

There is no upside to the first scenario. We have wasted 4 years doing that already.

25. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    CM > "wing threat".

It's way too early to give up on Martial and/or Miki. The reason we need a CM -- by which I think most of us mean a holding mid -- is to allow Pogba to push forward. With the decline of Carrick we need a replacement for him far more than we need a replacement for Martial and/or Miki, both of whom were disappointing last season but have showed enough in the past to deserve a real shot at getting it done this season.