Welcome to MUFC Fellaini

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Father Ted, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll admit that I miss the guy very much, as a fellow poster. That being said, I really don't see the point in bringing that here, for so many obvious reasons... :whistling:

2. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I would not mind new posters and perspective but anyway.

JC7rox repped this.
  3. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    If you disagree with the group you get sidelined. They will eventually come round to your way of thinking months later and act as if nothing ever happened. Rinse. Repeat.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  4. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's a tribal thing.

You may be the best hunter, led you previous tribe to many victories, and be an all knowing sage. But when you join a new tribe...you start again, don't be confrontational and earn the same respect.

The problem was, he felt he had to defend his old tribe members rather than let them find their own feet. He handled it poorly, and as somebody who was used to commanding respect, was too stubborn to take a step back and let things flow naturally. He has to take partial responsibility, along side the few trolls here who thrived on it.

benni... repped this.
  5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #655 Ashur, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    Maybe not trying to run any and all new arrivals, out of this place will encourage a few more potentially quality ones to stick around (not talking about you, Syed, specifically obviously) but it's pretty much a fact and is what it is.
    Is there blame on both sides? Yeah of course, I've been the first to admit it from my personal experience. At the same time, the lengths some will go to is pretty deplorable in my opinion.
    But whatever, ******** it...

JC7rox repped this.
  6. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This is one of the most welcoming boards on BS. Just don't be a duck and people will be welcoming.

7. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That's not at all what happened, if we're talking about the same poster who came over from onenil. Mancunian is a great guy who put in his two cents and let others have their say without ever berating them. The breakdown came when a few of the forum hardmen who had to prove their mandhood here got on his back for his post-match reports, which were actually quite excellent if you guys had given him a chance.

8. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    is this the knife in the face/knuckle sandwich person being discussed here? and why?

9. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Yeah, it's that ********.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  10. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #660 Ashur, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    To be precise, it was a Begbie Special (glass to the throat) something he would have apparently gladly spent a night in the clink for, in his own words... ;)
    Interestingly enough, it was the first and only time in close to 15yrs or so that I've ever seen that poster losing his cool in this manner. You can all say whatever you want, but that is a very telling fact. Bottom line is, as wrong as he was in this instance, there's dirt and plenty of it on both sides of the argument...

11. Gilma1990

Gilma1990 Member+

Jul 30, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    who are you talking about?

12. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something obviously you have absolutely no clue about...

Gilma1990 repped this.
  13. Gilma1990

Gilma1990 Member+

Jul 30, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :ROFLMAO:

14. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #664 Ashur, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Yeah, you can cackle all you want but as a matter of fact, you were not active at the time of that drama happened, so simmer down. Go find the old "Newbie introduction thread" and read it.
    And if you don't get my meaning of what a Begbie Special is, go watch Trainspotting: that should illuminate you plenty...

Gilma1990 repped this.
  15. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    forgot all about that

16. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Like Ashur?

17. Professor Brainfart

Dec 23, 2016
    Planet Reality
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is there a list of the dedicated Trolls somewhere, or do us sensitive newbies have to find out the hard way ?

Back on topic, thought Fellaini played really well on Saturday.

18. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Reading the posts will tell you.

19. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've already had this conversation with Ronaldooooo. He Pm'd me and we had a long civil conversation about the fallout (he seemed to think I held status on the board, which as I told him, the few that really did..left some time ago). As I said then, there was fault from posters from both sides. Many of us offered an olive branch to the new posters who felt they were being pushed on (including your friend), he had none of it. As I remember, it was mainly 1 poster (a known troll) that was intent on pushing his buttons about his match reports, and his responses caused others here to get defensive as well. He was asked to give it another go, told about the characters and humour of the board, but he didn't want to. The end.

Anyway, everybody has moved on (or should have), so lets just leave it...and look forward as fellow United supporters.

20. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ah, fond memories of the OneNil invasion. It made for an interesting couple of weeks. As someone who's been around here for a while, it was fairly obvious which of them would make it on these boards and which had too thin of skin for the likes of Teso. Uncle wasn't too bad but he couldn't take the hazing and Dodge was just a twat that offered nothing.

Ashur survived because he had the free time to hash it out with everyone on the forum or just spam post them into submission. ;)

21. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Gilma1990 repped this.
  22. Professor Brainfart

Dec 23, 2016
    Planet Reality
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah but some of us are slow on the uptake, ah well, thanks anyway ;)

23. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It is not that some are just trolls, it totally depends, I may act like one on certain issues and each one of us has that tendency, some more than others.

24. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #674 Ashur, Feb 13, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    You're not a troll at all, Syed. You're simply very opinionated (which is something I can certainly appreciate). After all, as previously mentioned, you never went out of your way to deliberately disparage other posters or try to consciously run them out of here as others have done.
    It's a thing around here and so be it, I suppose. But it's certainly very jarring and unsettling, especially when you're not used to it or don't expect it to come.
    Speaking for myself, I might have had a "tough" time at first: some of it was of my own doing, but as previously mentioned, some of things that went on were pretty appalling as well. And I may not be universally liked and that's perfectly fine as well. It changes nothing about me being here, so whatever I guess...

25. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    @Ashur paid me "friendship" money.

johno, benni... and Gilma1990 repped this.