Welcome Santiago Solari - Interim Coach 2018

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Oct 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

shit thread title

Vector-SS, ahnaf, Lyra and 5 others repped this.
  2. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His appointment can go either way. let's hope not going south

Prit Javier repped this.
  3. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

My most memorable moment of Solari is when he passed the ball to Roberto Carlos who assisted Zidane in one of the greatest goals in the history of the game.

madridista_hr and Prit Javier repped this.
  4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good luck

saadomar repped this.
  5. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  6. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Perez wants to repeat his Zidane formula. I don't know what to expect.
    Best wishes Santi.

saadomar and Prit Javier repped this.
  7. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  8. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Can’t get any worse can it? We’ve hit rock bottom and hopefully we can now turn this around with new ideas.

I would literally play 442

Bale Benzema

Isco Modric Casemiro Asensio

Marcelo Ramos Varane/Nacho Carvajal

I don’t include Kroos simply because he’s not been good enough.

Would transition into a diamond formation either Isco or Asensio at the top when attacking

Prit Javier repped this.
  9. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    We will need to be open at the moment as a lot of players suddenly became useless recently including our defence. I just hope all players are given a chance

10. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Shit thread title.

I am actually OK with Santi Solari. Not because I always liked him as a player. But because this hopefully means no Conte.

I have been critical of Solari with Castilla and wondered multiple times why he wasn't fired. But if this team just needs a guy to manage the room and leave the rest to the players than we made the right call.

Have we not learnt that people like Camacho (bonafide Madrid legend), Benitez (born and bred Madridista) don't do well here. While people like Zidane, Carlo have success. Not that anything is guaranteed.

I know most of you will disagree but I would use these next 2 weeks to go after Wenger. He has the right attitude and experience to coach us. He will no acceot 1.5yr contract...… heck even Conte isn't signing that. He will take the 3 yr one with 50/50 say in transfers. That to me is by far the safest route to go in at this moment.

No manager is a "long term" manager at this club so that shouldn't even be part of the thinking here. Wenger has experience and the name to command the room. I know how he looked finished at the end with Arsenal but sometimes a fresh challenge and fresh circumstances rejuvenate people. Worst case scenario he doesn't pan out and we look for another manager in a year. So what? We do that regardless of who we have anyway.

11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I hope he does a decent job if it's for the remaining of this season. Top 4 and hopefully, KO round in CL this season. Get Poch next summer. Sign Icardi, Hazard, James/Eriksen, Hakimi and a CB. These are my realistic expectations at this point.

12. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

13. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    That's the main thing we need to do. Firing the manager is what you do when things aren't going well but I am way more interested in the squad shake up then any new manager to be honest.

And that has to start in December. We have to undo the mistakes of the last 2 summers and its gonna take more than 1 transfer window so we better start now. That is if Florentino can even see that this squad is finished and this cycle is finished. Time for a shake up. (I don't mean sell everyone).

ahnaf, Deep Pal, Anon. and 3 others repped this.
  14. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hope players will get some motivation from this

15. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    The problem is Perez thinks the squad is adequate lol

Digital repped this.
  16. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    We need substantial tactical changes. Is Solari the guy to do it? I have my doubts. Hopefully i am wrong. Anyway, good luck.

Lyra, Yannick Relens and Prit Javier repped this.
  17. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    We should have just brought two young strikers if we don’t want to play big money for a ready made one.

18. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then he needs to at least add a prolific finisher to the squad at some point soon or have Solari give Mariano more chances to see if he can be that player

S1na repped this.
  19. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Good luck to Solari, hope this is the beginning of a great coaching career for him at the top flight.
    Our problems remain the same though, the veteran players, it was never the coach, at least not for the most part; will Solari have enough conviction to tell Ramos to F off when he tries to take penalties?
    Would he have the stones to yell “ get your ads back “ when Kroos jogs as we’re getting counter attacked to oblivion?
    Would he bench Modric, Varane or Benz for players that are playing better than them?

We’ll see but I really hope he is strong enough to do what needs to be done.

Deep Pal, Zidane05 and Digital repped this.
  20. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Would be more than okay with this approach.

21. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is on the players and the president, they all need to step up and be accountable. Can’t see Solari changing that, but then again it’s not up to him to, it’s up to them.

Prit Javier repped this.
  22. nassar_7

nassar_7 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Pakistan
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
    Can any poster, who has been following Castilla, describe the formations used by Solari this season and how he likes his team to play. Etc. A small precise elaboration would be kindly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Yannick Relens repped this.
  23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I hope this works out well for the club and Solari. I have no expectations here.

raven3k, Ahmadi8, ahnaf and 5 others repped this.
  24. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Who would have you liked as the manager then?

25. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Im not criticizing Solari's appointment, the things i listed is i what i hope he would do.