Welcome Marco Asensio

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by halamadrid00, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Football IQ is very important for me when assessing young players, specially playmakers. To me this is something that is developed very early and you either have it or you don't - his is very low.
    He could be a 10 for a small/middle of a table team but not for a team like Real Madrid.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  2. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If a good offer somehow comes through this summer I’d accept.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
  4. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Nobody in their right mind would bid that much for Asensio. I like him but let’s be realistic. He isn’t even worth half of that.

PigBenis, Baltor, J-Mezzy and 3 others repped this.
  5. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Sell to the highest bidder

6. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    180 mill??

LULZ

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, it's not like he has a contract or anything.

This place is pure Comedy sometimes.

9. Baltor

Baltor Member

Oct 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't mind driving him to the buying club if they really offer 180million, just that it's not true.

10. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd be fine with 80 M. He isn't exactly fast, he can't dribble, he scored 3 goals in 2000 minutes. His play style reminds me most of James, except he's a bit faster but James has a better shot and gives more assists. The only thing that Asensio is better at are counter attacks.

madridista_hr and Anon. repped this.
  11. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Main difference is James is intelligent and plays with a purpose, he can play deep and start plays.. Asensio does not.

12. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    The issue is if you watch Asensio for Spain, he is the player we hope him to be.

In saying that though he still has had some remarkable games for us this season, just think over the last couple of months for recent history, he was exceptional in the games against Celta Vigo, Real Vallodolid and Bilbao, so I still have faith with regular playing time and trust and a regular position and tactical identity, that he can be great.

I know most will disagree but most players have been shit this season not just Asensio. Make him a regular starter, no more Bale looking over his shoulder and give him a full ride, see what happens, if he's still at this same point in 12 months, then sell him

13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It was Marca who reported last summer that Klopp willing to offer 180 ME. Not sure how many said they'd sell him then. People had way higher expectations of him then.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Mbappe was the best 18 year old we have seen since like Ronaldo and he cost €180M.

People balked at that price and mocked the idea of paying it.

In what world is Asensio fielding offers even half of that? Asensio has shown himself to be nothing more that a great left foot which can score amazing goals inconsistently.

Anon. repped this.
  15. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Contracts mean nothing in football these days.

16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That's why Mbappe and Neymar are only steps away from Real Madrid and we're paying 100M for Hazard when he's on his last year of his contract.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  17. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I would loan him out. But in case of 80M offer...well...sell, sell, sell.

18. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  19. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    We won't even get that for him. Even if we think he's worth that, who would pay for him? I think I would rule out pretty much every team on our level in Europe wanting him in their team as a starter. Maybe a move to Atletico Madrid will suit him but even then, they won't pay that much.

If he does go, it will probably be for around £40m max simply because no clubs will be fighting over him. We would either accept the best offer or let him stay.

20. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I still don’t know what Asensio’s strengths and USPs are. He’s not a speedster, or a close control dribbler, he’s not an old school forward/striker, he’s not particularly strong on the ball or in the air, he hasn’t got a superb engine.
    I guess he’s a little bit of everything and has a lethal shot from outside the box. He’s also relatively good looking, I guess...

Lyra repped this.
  21. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That €180M offer must have been transfer fee + wages. Say they offered €8M net wages (€16M gross) annually, which is what Barca is paying De Ligt and De Jong. In a 5 year contract, that's €80M gross wages and €100M transfer fee. If it was a 6 year contract, transfer fee is only €84M. Those figures seem pretty realistic given his perceived ceiling at the time

I refuse to believe someone offered a €180M fee straight up.

22. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Even 100m is boloney.
    We only got 70m for Morata and he scores triple the amount of goals than Asensio.

Anon. repped this.
  23. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    100M now? Of course baloney. But 100M at that point in his career? Seems plausible.

24. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I dont believe it. He was overhyped here.. but not everyone saw that alleged hidden unlocked talent that so many Madridistras claimed.