Welcome Marco Asensio

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by halamadrid00, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    What would be the point of Odegard at all.. ?
    He needs to play now..
    Most of the good players today are showing what they got at a very young age..
    Betting on Asensio is costing us

2. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    picking today of all days to talk about getting rid of Asensio who had a very good showing in the 2nd half, with an assist and he probably should have another plus a goal.

confused.jpg

3. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well if he had a good 2nd half where he almost scored a goal we should have definitely picked another day lmao

4. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    where he also had an assist, where he created several chances for himself and his teammates, all points youve ignored in my previous quote. Did you even watch the game?

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    In the end, Odegaard hasn't really done anything to step out of his comfort zone and has chosen to spend two years in Holland instead of challenge himself. He may turn out to be a really good player, but I'm certainly not building my squad for next year with him slotted into a rotation role.

Anon. repped this.
  6. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same. If he lights it up in preseason then fair enough, but he has to prove it.

Asensio has got to find another gear or two if he wants to stay at Madrid and be pivotal.

Shay Z and Digital repped this.
  7. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I thought he had a good second half yesterday. He's clearly better on the right. I don't get why coaches continue to play him on the left.

That said, he's one of the biggest disappointments of the past two seasons. I really expected a lot more from him after his performances in last season's Supercopa and the season before that, but he's stagnated.

I wouldn't write him off, though. The potential is still there.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He comes off as lazy and uninspired this season. Touch, touch, pass it away. Overall, i think he didn't work as hard as he should have, might have been one of the players coasting on the overall team vibe and didn't expect how difficult it would be to be relied upon.

I think he'll get another season.

Digital and Anon. repped this.
  9. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1114829961456758785 is not a valid tweet id

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mama Mia. Lucas Vazquez titular for another season.

Stiliyan and Eddie repped this.
  11. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
  12. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As far as I can remember ZZ seems to like and trust Lucas V, so you never know

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
  14. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Vini will outplay Asensio. That is a no brainer..

Anon. repped this.
  15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Still need an option on the left behind Hazard if that's the case. Lucas should not figure into our plans next season. He's done.

Eddie repped this.
  16. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I actually would keep Lucas as a squad player and sale/loan Asensio..
    We need a lot of money to try and go after Mbappe in the next two years.

17. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A right wing made up of Asensio or Lucas doesn’t sound inspiring at all for next season.

18. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I like Asensio and don't want to give up on him. I'd give him another season over Lucas any day of the week.

Umar repped this.
  19. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sell Lucas, bench Asensio. At worst, he will be an excellent impact sub like in the duodecima year, but hopefully that will push him to fight for a starting spot. We do need one more winger on top of Hazard though, maybe Odegaard or Rodrygo if they impress in preseason.

20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If it’s left up to ZZ I don’t think Lucas V is going anywhere

21. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    I think Asensio will start on the right wing next season, but it will be his last chance. Last season and this season were horrible. But I’m afraid we will fail again with Hazard, Benz and Asensio as starters.

LV is done here. Rather see Rodrygo as stand in if we don’t buy anyone. I think ZZ will keep him though..

Halycon repped this.
  22. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agree on both accounts. Lucas has outplayed Asensio. In any case, the entire focus should be on how to make a run at Mbappe. Whatever money it takes, the guy is a CR/Henry hybrid.

23. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One more season for Asensio. He has all the potential to be amazing and he used to perform great in big matches at such a young age and that was under Zidane.

If Zidane keeps him it means that he believes that he and Asensio can turn it around and light a fire under him.

24. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Asensio is becoming a Pedro. A momentum player. Has a fantastic shot, but apart from that everything else is meh. Definitely his last chance the upcoming season.

Odegaard for example has a higher football IQ than Marco and is younger. He needs to get his shit together.

J-Mezzy, Shay Z and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  25. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I wouldn't say one more, but I would say this is his last chance to prove he's a starter. After this he should consider himself B team amd to be honest he already is with Vinicius and Hazard.

J-Mezzy repped this.