PBP: Weeks 9-12: @Rome (10/23), v. Udinese (10/27), @Cagliari (10/31), v. Milan (11/6)

Discussion in 'Palermo' started by Salvatore Giuseppe, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    Late PBP thread for today. Game kicks off at 2:45 ET. Game is streaming on BeIn4, for what thats worth.

Palermo desperately needs points from games. Gonna be tough in this set. Udinese is the best hope.

23 were called up for today's match

PORTIERI:
    Fulignati, Marson, Posavec.
    DIFENSORI: Aleesami, Andelkovic, Cionek, Goldaniga, Morganella, Pezzella, Rispoli, Vitiello.
    CENTROCAMPISTI: Bouy, B. Henrique, Chochev, Gazzi, Hiljemark, Jajalo, Quaison.
    ATTACCANTI: Diamanti, Embalo, Lo Faso, Nestorovski, Sallai.

Gonzalez, Balogh, Trajkovski, and Bentivegna still out with injuries (none sound overly serious). Rajkovic was supposedly fully recovered, but still doesn't make the squad. Gazzi back after his red card suspension.

Nestorovski in the team, but there was some question whether he would be ready in time or not.

My guess

Posavec
    Andelkovic-Goldaniga-Cionek
    Rispoli-Gazzi-Henrique-Aleesami
    Diamanti-Hiljemark
    Nestorovski

2. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    actual lineup

PALERMO:
    1 Posavec; 15 Cionek, 6 Goldaniga, 4 Andelkovic; 89 Morganella, 25 B. Henrique, 14 Gazzi, 19 Aleesami; 23 Diamanti (cap.), 18 Chochev; 30 Nestorovski.

Morganella instead of Rispoli, Chochev instead of Hiljemark.

Not convinced that second one is the right choice.

3. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    15 minutes in, one way traffic. This won't end well barring a miracle

4. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    Salah with a goal from the corner of the 6 yard box. Posavec could have done a LOT better on that, but it was coming anyways.

5. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    Missed the first 10 minutes of second half, which included a second Roma goal.

Honestly, still a better scoreline than I expected.

6. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    The game ended 4-1, second week in a row. That's about the scoreline I expected.

Given the run of games coming up, De Zerbi has got to be getting a little worried about his job security. 5 points out of a possible 21 is not good enough, even given the competition.

7. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    Forgot there was a game on today. Udinese won 3-1 after Palermo took the lead in the 10th minute through Nestorovski.

They tried out a four man back line with Pezzella at leftback and Aleesami playing winger.

8. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    Its all so predictable, I can't even be bothered to watch. Palermo lost 2-1 today. Nestorovski with the goal. He has scored 4 of the 8 total goals Palermo has scored in 11 games....

Not good enough.

9. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    I never updated this thread for the Milan game. Unsurprisingly, Palermo lost. Nestorovoski once again scored. The earth continues to revolve around the sun.