Week 5 MASL Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by NSL2004, Nov 29, 2017.

1. SteveCo

SteveCo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again, the rankings are on point. The Rampage have been up and down but are winning games now. They might get away with poor 2nd half effort against a team like Saint Louis, but it won't work against better teams like the Wave.

The Ambush are better than last season but still appear to be several or more players away from being competitive. Hewerton has the arrow pointed in a positive direction but it will be a long season. Their road game at Harrisburg on Friday is their last winnable game for a while.

2. firesting81

firesting81 Member+

Jan 16, 2001
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

They need to make some roster acquisitions soon. They have clearly better coaching, and are far more competitive than last season. They just don't have the talent right now.

SteveCo repped this.
  3. SteveCo

SteveCo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally agree - I think their goalkeepers are OK right now but the Ambush need to sign more veteran talent at forward, midfielder and defender. They just re-signed Duarte, a guy who played for the Ambush a couple years ago but he's just a guy on the roster. The Ambush didn't sign any 'difference makers' in the off-season can truly push a team to wins. I don't know if the Ambush survive after another almost-winless season. If they can add more talent by mid-December, maybe they start winning some games and building up our fading fan base.

I think Cedar Rapids has enough talent to win right now, they just need more consistent performance from opening whistle to end of the game. I think they are good enough to finish 2nd in the Central behind the Wave. The Comets have some talent but it is tough to lose your top 7 players. They did well just to field a team after their ownership drama in the off-season.

4. powerplay13

powerplay13 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
  5. SteveCo

SteveCo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Ambush acquisitions will provide some much needed defensive skill and better ball handling and passing. The defense has been bad at times so this trade makes sense for Saint Louis, and those guys score sometimes as well.

France can score, that is about it. He can get really hot with his scoring touch. Cedar Rapids added strength to strength. Their power plays will be a sight to behold.

powerplay13 repped this.