#WeAreAllLeoMessi.......Oh Wait... - Other Teams Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    BILD reporting Gotze to BvB for 28M Euros; signing 5 year contract.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  2. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not to mention that the 9 position is so weak these days that even adequate and dependable 9s like Higuain/Giroud are highly valued.

surgeon, RMSocrates, Zidane05 and 2 others repped this.
  3. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    That's it right there. He is overvalued because the market is weak.

He's a good player and a GREAT guy. I always wish him well. Would love having him in my team just because of his awesome personality. But he isn't better than Benzema and not really worth 70M in a normal market.

4. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Higuain is in a completely different class of CF than Giroud.

Lukaku who may never develop into a great all around CF is valued at 60m. It's crazy. Chelsea bought a young Belgian forward for 40 after one very very promising year. 60m or even 70m for Higuain at age 28 in his prime is reasonable given these comparisons. Those other guys will take time to develop and may never reach those valuations.

I love Morata and he can absolutely get to that elite CF level in a few years (puts him around 26-28 years old) if he progresses. He is now valued at more than 60 in hopes that he will turn out that way. As an avid watcher of Serie A, Morata still has a long way to go to reach that level.

Digital and Zidane05 repped this.
  5. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    More like it

6. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For sure, but I think if we sold Benzema, we'd get well over 100 million right now.

All this just reinforces how shrewd that buy back on Morata was. What a steal.

Zidane05 repped this.
  7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Depends, IMO. At Arsenal I think Higuain fits much better. I bet he would no better or maybe even worse than Giroud on a team like France though. Giroud can really complement a speedy guy making darting runs like Griezmann. He was kind of wasted at Arsenal in that sense. Ironically, I think he would've fit-in better and contributed more at a team like Man City where, on first thought, you'd think it would be tougher to get minutes.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Juve are broke, not frugal. I'm wondering if they still owe Werder some payments for Diego.

9. juan_harris

juan_harris Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Chamartin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Whats this 100m rupees?

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Juve paid 11 ME for Morata in two years. They are not spending 98 ME on Higuain unless Napoli agrees to take it over 20 years. :D

11. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Giroud is pretty terrible with France too though.

12. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    the Italian banks are for the most part on the verge of collapse, they are insolvent so it begs the question where would they get the money or even bank guarantees to back such an operation?

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Banco de Florentino.

14. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I get the notion that Italian banks are backed by ECB but no agreement is in place ATM, the political will do bail out today is different than it was and the underlying asset doesn't have nearly the same amount of value in a distressed sale.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah, I knew there was no way they paid their entire transfer in two years. They never do.

So we only debited our accounts for around 20 million in reality

Saeta Rubia and RMSocrates repped this.
  16. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Juve have net spent 60m million annually on transfers since Conte.

They have acquired pjanic, benatia, alves, and pjaca for 55m and sold Morata.

They still need to sell talented fringe players, but can stay within their budget parameters if they do so.

I'm not suggesting they will use all their remaining spending capacity to bring in Higuain, but it's not impossible.

The notion that Juve are broke is very odd. I'm not sure what that means considering their strong financial standing.

17. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Not sure how strong a financial standing you have when you want to pay transfers in 10-20-30 year increments. Sounds like creative accounting to me in a way but meh, I don't know enough nor care enough about Juve.

Not shocked at all of the amount they "paid" for Morata. Higuain for 70 plus million? Napoli will be glad to see half before he is sold off lol.

18. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    Exor is all but broke. Juve is doing the business, like it should be, considering who their owner is.

19. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  20. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Juve pay in 1-3 year installments mainly for accounting reasons. When they are paid for players other clubs request this treatment. It's not uncommon. Real will pay back juve for morata over 2 years again for accounting reasons.

21. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Rubbish. No offense intended to Juve because they are well-run club... but ever since Beppe Marotta took over as their sporting director, they've become like Harry Redknapp... i.e., wheeler dealers. Ain't nothing wrong with that but it's not how I'd prefer to see a top club do business, and Juve are a top club IMO.

22. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How do people value the €50m + Giroud deal? We haven't seen a player swap deal this big since Ibra/Eto. I'd say Giroud is a €25M striker, but like people have been saying, the scarce resources in the market drives his price up significantly. I'd say he's worth €30/35M if he was sold straight up (same level as Negredo/Soldado for example).

That makes the deal for a 28 year old (29 in december), worth €80-85 MILLION. Thoughts?

23. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Bacca went for 20 right? Mandzukic went for 20 too. Both have similar out put as Giroud. Bacca was excellent for sevilla in his last season there and mandzu defensively is superior to Giroud.

Giroud is probably worth about that 20m euros at his age and record. Any higher and you might as well pay up for young talent.

Suarez went for 75-80m at age 27/28. Higuain is 28/29. He is worth 60-65m. The problem is that young guys like morata lukaku icardi won't be sold for less than 50-70m by their clubs which is insane. They may never get to higuains level and aren't half the player he is.

24. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A new trophy for La Liga:

[​IMG]

S1na repped this.
  25. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I really don't like BEIN sports. The majority of the people who work for that company are pro barca and their bullsh*t radiates throughout the company. The more they get involved in la liga the worse if you ask me.

Anon., Crimson, Shay Z and 1 other person repped this.