#WeAreAllLeoMessi.......Oh Wait... - Other Teams Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Other than that?

2. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
  3. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    #11503 janos audron, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Major ins:

Eric Bailly, Ibra, Mkhitaryan and Pogba. Should i be impressed?

Pogba is a gold digging whore, who downgraded massively in order for monster paycheck. How many players are willing to do this, and how many times will MUTD be able to afford it?

ahnaf repped this.
  4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That's 3 players that did it last summer though. Mourinho still has a lot of pull, and the wages they're handing out are incomparable to anything else out there.

9Qui repped this.
  5. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No one in the PL was so desperate to pay big money for Ibra. He wanted to go to PL, well City got Aguero, Jesus & Pep who he got beef with, Chelsea has Diego Costa, Spurs Kane, Arsenal & Liverpool don't go for that type of players, especially with Klopp and Wenger there.

so ManU was his only option basically, aside from the MSL.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Their fans seem to expect that spending 150 million pounds net per summer should be their new normal.

Hypocrites

Saeta Rubia, Ahmadi8 and S1na repped this.
  7. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Very good question. Overall, I reckon money makes one ignore trophies and ucl football in the short term. Aguero, Tevez, Robinho great examples.

8. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You're complaining about the people here complaining about the derby as if there was some one forcing you to post your opinion.

surgeon, Shay Z, RMSocrates and 4 others repped this.
  9. Strokedoc

Strokedoc Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Ibra was a free agent, Pogba is a good purchase, and he's not performing as bad as we all think. I'd start both in RM instead of Benz/Cas.
    They can afford that almost every season from now on until they've a solid team. After the 5.5 B pounds deal, Deloitte estimates that all Premier League clubs will be in the top 30 by next year. Let's not also forget that Utd had the highest revenues last season thanks to Chevrolet/Adidas deals, and that'll be significantly higher if they manage a UCL spot. They've also a stronger North American marketing team, it's a big continent with a strong economy.

Perez is an outstanding president financially, I don't understand how we are not getting these deals for the best club in the world/history instead of a club in Europa League.

kilongo repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I will spare myself the memes and quote the man who works with him every day:

Mourinho: "Pogba can make a fine central defender one day".

Pogba isn't a hardworking player, but his build and style makes him seem like one. That's the problem basically. He was touted as an excellent "man for everything" at Juve, but to me he never was this player. Looking at google articles from the time he signed for Manchester united, he was proclaimed to be the perfect midfield player, excellent at everything.

He's good, but he broke the transfer record by a huge distance.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  11. Strokedoc

Strokedoc Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I think he said he's already a phenomenal player and adjusting back in October. However, he added that he could be a phenomenal CB one day. Link

Fast forward to end of April, Pogba played 60+ games for Manure and was MoTM in 9, scoring 10 goals. These are good numbers for DM/CM.

He's good, and his potential is great for the future. Is he worth 90 M pounds? No, no one is in this day and age in my opinion. But for a team that desperately needed him, not playing in UCL, and not competing for any real championships, they had to pay extra and they can afford it.

Kroosinator repped this.
  12. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Pogba is not a defensive midfielder. I don't see how he can replace Casemiro.

S1na, Shay Z and Umar repped this.
  13. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pogba replace Casemiro?...please delete your account

Hsain85 repped this.
  14. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Man, what is up with this meanness? I mean it's OK to disagree but a couple of times this week I've seen comments like 'delete your account' and 'what giant crack pipe are you smoking' for relatively small disagreements. (Not specifically aimed at you SoydelMustang btw)

You don't agree that Cristiano should dye his hair pink and get a punk mohawk? Slit your wrists and jump off a bridge!

15. RoadMan

RoadMan Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Granada defeated again, this time against La Real. Great news for us before we travel their on 6th of may. They are now almost without a chance to stay in La Liga (10 points behind Leganes on 17th place) and are mentally defeated. Our "B team" should overcome them easily.

On the same note: Illara and Canales played great.

Strokedoc and yoanaidarov repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If you're Michael Carrick. I wasn't impressed before, and i'm not impressed now. For me Verratti is the jewel in European football right now as far as midfield players go, not including obvious choices (Modric, Kroos, Iniesta, etc.). Anything else is different variations of pretty good.

king felix repped this.
  17. Strokedoc

Strokedoc Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    #11517 Strokedoc, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    He drops back with Utd quite a bit when needed. Whoscored.com has him starting as a DM in 19 games. If you have seen 2 games with Pogba and he didn't play there then, that doesn't mean he doesn't play there.

upload_2017-4-29_6-46-44.png

Loving the tolerance, see above. Please don't delete your account, I don't mind slapping idoits around online, my guess is that you'll be back for more.

18. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I woke up a bit grumpy this morning. Apologies. I do agree though and don't think Pogba would be willing to nor is he good enough to hold that deep lying midfield position. I don't think he's a terrible player but he does lack certain qualities that would convince me to replace him with anyone we have currently. Just my opinion

RMSocrates and madridismo repped this.
  19. Strokedoc

Strokedoc Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    #11519 Strokedoc, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Pogba and Veratti are both good, but Pogba has the upper hand with his physique, height, and overall decisiveness. Not that this is their primary objective on the field, but Verratti scored 7 goals in his career since 2009, in contrast to Pogba's 10 this season in a new team.

This is a quick comparison from a statistical point of view, Pogba played 7 more games in a somewhat more competitive league.

N.B. I never said we should go and get him, I said I'd start him and Ibra if we had them. Funny though how some presumed I meant go get Pogba and bench Casemiro but didn't talk about the more appalling pursuit of out-of-service Ibra based on their invalid assumption.

Cheers.

upload_2017-4-29_7-20-2.png

20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

21. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Combination of matchups and low scoring, it has to be one of the least interesting days in PL history.

pl.jpg

22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol. That's what I thought when I saw the schedule today. Not one interesting team playing.

23. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    God damn it. Was hoping they'd be pushed like we were.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's a farce that Simeone apparently wasn't banned after putting his hands on the fourth official and making threats, but apparently, the Barcelona radar of justice is off focus to anything Atleti do.

9Qui, natenate101, S1na and 2 others repped this.
  25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I hope someone calls out Barca not having a penalty given against them all season when they should have had 2 in Clasicos alone. Pique moron's victim drama has worked well with refs.

RMSocrates repped this.