[WCQ] North Korea Vs. Iran [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Mani, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    You can watch it live on CoolStreaming (CCTV 5) at:

01:35:00 Wed Mar 30 2005 in EST
    22:35:00 Tue Mar 29 2005 in US/Pacific
    08:35:00 Wed Mar 30 2005 in CET / Europe
    15:35:00 Wed Mar 30 2005 in Asia/Pyongyang
    15:35:00 Wed Mar 30 2005 in Japan
    16:35:00 Wed Mar 30 2005 in Australia/Sydney
    06:35:00 Wed Mar 30 2005 in GMT/UTC

2. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

PLEASE GOD LET NORTH KOREA SOMEHOW MIRACULOUSLY WIN THIS GAME!!
    lol.. but we know who will win.. haha mani i dont think north koreans are allowed to go on the internet

3. yzf_bloodhound

Aug 2, 2004
    Predictions?

Iran - N. Korea (2-0)
    Japan - Bahrain (0-0)

4. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    go choson minjujuui inmin konghwaguk!!! (at least, only in sports)

5. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    in NZ?

6. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran has never lost to North Korea!

Iran's head-to-head record against North Korea:
    [​IMG]

7. SherwinRazmy

SherwinRazmy New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Iran 3 N. Korea 0
    Is Japan playing home against Bahrain or away?

8. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire

Iran 2- NK 1
    Japan will play at home,
    My prediction is a 3-1 for japan.

9. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Disadvantage for Iran: Players have to play on artificial turf in Kim Il-Sung Stadium!

[​IMG]

10. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Prediction: 2-1 Iran win.

North Koreans will be more desperate for a win and Iranians might let up a little in the beginning because they will be on a high after their win against Japan. N. Korea will work hard with plenty of heart and spirit, and will even score a goal, but I think Iran's talent and teamwork will eventually prevail.

11. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    I'm going to stick my neck waaaay out and say that NK will beat Iran for the first time. He he. What have I got to lose? If I'm wrong, then it's the result everyone expected. If I'm right, I look like a genius. :D

12. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Karimi will score , same for mobali if he get any playing time.

13. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA

I guessing that stadium will be full to capacity.

14. SamYoon22

SamYoon22 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    USA
    Iran is probably Asia's best attacking team AS OF NOW (don't get too big-headed buddies) and they have a moderately good defense whereas Japan and Korea have been struggling with scoring and both Koreas have been doing horrible in the back line.

N. Korea has undoubtedly one of the world's worst goalies and a defense that is, RIGHT NOW (not all time), typical of both Koreas: BAD. Iran will likely score three goals (two if they're not doing too well, four if they are), whereas N. Korea's attack is fairly decent and MAY be able to score about one goal. (none if they're not doing well, two if they are).

I'm HOPING that Iran will have a horrible game and N. Korea will have an awesome game to have a score of 1:2 N. Korea. no offense, but they ARE still of the same blood as me.

BUT... reality will probably have a score of 3:1 Iran. my prediction.

btw, I think Daei, if they use him, will score this game.

15. Bozorgmehr

Bozorgmehr New Member

Sep 9, 2004
    If history is of any indication, Iran will have a tough time with the game tomorrow. Underdog teams have been the achilles hill of Iran's qualifications to WC. After the win against Japan, our main challenge will be to take the NK team seriously and give them the necessary attention.

Let's not forget, this is NK's last chance to get their campaign back on track. And they'll be playing at home. Add to that the Korean fighting spirit, and you will have a furious battle going on the pitch.

I expect a full onslaught by NK in the first half. Iran will need to play a patient game. Iran's best bet is to try to slow down the pace, control the ball and use their technical advantage to make NK pay for any mistakes that they may make. By midway thru the second half, as NK is getting tired, Iran should turn up the heat and start laying siege to the NK goal. That should see Iran rewarded with a few corner kicks, set kicks and maybe even a penalty. Considering that Iran score the majority of their goals in the second half, they should be able to convert one of these opportunities.

I see an exhausting, physical and tough game happening. I say 1-0 or 2-1 for Iran. But not by a big margin. Should be an interesting match to watch.

16. hooshimaro

hooshimaro New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Texas
    Does anyone know if Nekounam can play or not, i heard he has 2 yellow cards.

17. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    I think that NK will be fighting for a win whatever is the case... and Iran will be happy to accept this offer :D

prediction: 2-1 to Iran

good luck to both teams :)

18. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He can play.

Player name followed by number of yellow cards:

Alireza Vahedi Nikbakht 0 (suspension already served for 2 Yellows)
    Ali Badavi 1
    Mohammad Nosrati 1
    Ebrahim Taghipour 1
    Sattar Zare 1
    Arash Borhani 1
    Yahya Golmohammadi 1
    Rasoul Khatibi 1
    Rahman Rezaei 1
    Ali Karimi 1
    Mehdi Mahdavikia 1
    Javad Nekounam 1

19. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I expect a 1-1 draw, Iran never plays good against weak teams, and NK will be determined to win.

20. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    N.K. 1 - 2 Iran
    Japan 1 - 1 Bahrain

21. Soccerfever

Soccerfever Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Laval(Canada)
    This is a must win match for North Korea,they have to leave the pitch after 90 minutes with the full 3 points or otherwise...it's over.

But I believe that they can upset Iran if they play like they played against Japan not too long ago,but they will truly need to play like they never played before...

2-1 for the North Koreans...

Hope they can do it!

22. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Daei is out. Hashemian is in his natural position and is along with Rezaie, Kia, and Zandi in very impressive form. Mirza is improving. Everyone else is simply good (Kaebi, Karimi) better than the rest.
    Weaknesses are being worked on in defense and thats just a fact that we have come to accept, that our defense is our weakest link (Nosrati, with his girly jump that cost us a goal vs Japan).
    Id be very surprised if we dont win this match no matter how badly NK needs a win.

23. hooshimaro

hooshimaro New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Texas
    U should never be surpried Tex. Iran is an unpredictable team u never know what will happen, they may win against Brazil and next day they lose to Maldiv ( its just an example), thats how they are. I think if our coach is brave enough to send an offensive team like japan game we can win, but if he wants to just get 1 point because its an away game like what he did in Bahrain we will defintely loose. Wish u luck TM,

GO IRAN

24. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

THAT STADIUM WILL BE AT FULL CAPACITY!!

CMON IRANS GIVE THE NORTH KOREANS A CHANCE!! IM BEGGIN YOU!! :eek:

25. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I think DPRK can win this game by counterattacking, but I think their loose defense will betray them again.

In a way, DPRK is the poor man's Iran. Lot of speed and strength up front, their attack is their best defense.