[WCQ] NK - Japan in 3rd country without audience (merged)

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by jinroh, Apr 29, 2005.

1. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Re: Thailand to Host June 8 N. Korea-Japan Match

Are you and Metro[very long name] insinuating that I don't know my zoology? I am appalled by this apparent lack of respect from other BS members toward my intellectual knowledge base. I demand immediate yellow cardage from mods to these impudent members. I know my polar bear stuff. After all, one of my favorite TV station is Discovery Channel. :D

2. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia

http://paos.colorado.edu/~seand/antarctica/hampton/

No, of course not. You just got the polar bear part all muddled up, that's all (senility can be harsh to lots of ppl) :p

3. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
  4. taegukgi2004

taegukgi2004 New Member

Jan 10, 2005

wtf are you guys talking about....what does fifa punishment havy ANYTHING TO DO WITH population habitat of polar bears in ANTARTICA? :rolleyes:

5. depflight

depflight New Member

Feb 19, 2005

are they sure about this? I don't think it's determined yet -- the news surrounding this whole "third party country location" has been less than accurate.

First, I heard NK has not made any contact with FIFA in response to the penalties. Next, I hear NK asked that the location be Thailand, and the Thai association said that they would make the best efforts to have everything prepared if its decided, then I heard South Korea sent a message to FIFA asking that South Korea host this game (for the promotion of "friendship" between Koreas and Japan). In today's press conference (when the JFA announced the members for the Kirin Cup in late May), the JFA head said that Blatter had promised that FIFA would make a decision soon within the month but nothing concrete yet.

What's going on?

6. depflight

depflight New Member

Feb 19, 2005
    Re: (WCQ) NK - Japan match to be played in 3rd country without audience.

Sorry to cut in here, but I was wondering why/how this discussion ended up becoming a frustrated bashing of Japan. It feels like everyone is upset at Japan for actually doing their homework and make the best efforts at professionalism throughout its relations with FIFA/AFC. I don't think there have been many or any instances in recent decades where Japan organizers failed to provide appropriate security for a game, provide good accommodations/practice grounds/stadia for opponents. The Japanese spectators have also rarely given us a reason to be ashamed.

If you recall, North Korea did threaten the JFA saying that if there were problems with the crowds or demonstrators during the game in Japan in February, they would make things very difficult for Japan when they played in Pyongyang. Japan made sure that everything went forward without a hitch, providing NK with whatever they requested, including a change in venue of practice grounds and super-heightened security.

Participating in the World Cup is a priviledge, and the fact that I've heard little remorse coming out of some of the countries that have caused problems is quite startling. Rather than getting upset at the organizers or spectators for the trouble they caused (and in these qualifiers, one country's problem affects all the other countries in that group), we're here getting angry because Japan just might get some hard-to-pinpoint advantage as a result?

I was surprised at the penalty decision that FIFA made regarding North Korea too. Very surprised. But then again it's been over a week since the message was sent to PyonYang, and FIFA hasn't gotten any response from them even after South Korea concernedly offered to assist NK in the appeals process. Meanwhile, we're all up in the air about where the game is going to be held, and whether FIFA will modify their penalties.

7. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001

Hey, cheers for the post man. But if you want to make it a debate lets take it to the rivalries. I'm sure there are posters out there that could present the glitches of the JFA as much as you shine it in sympathetic light.

8. depflight

depflight New Member

Feb 19, 2005

i really didn't mean it as a rivalries issue -- I guess that was exactly my point, that it somehow becomes a japan issue when japan has nothing to do with the problems that started it all.

i am already aware of the jfa's problems -- thanks! :)

9. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC

I hate it when the media does this, when report on something other media is reporting. This is the lede for the article:
    See, the story isn't a new development, but another story. CNN isn't learning this from any Thai FA or FIFA official. Who knows what the Thai media is basing their reports on. This is just lazy journalism.

10. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32

(1) NK is about voicing opposition, according to the NK's..... 『体育新聞』. The deadline is 12th this month.

(2) Kawabuchi, the commissioner, said he has not received any official statement from FIFA regardnig the place for the game. Yet, the possiblity is pretty high. Thailand, where one of the FIFA's executive board members (?? don't know how to call them) is from, has already accepted FIFA's request.

(3) S. Korea is going to request FIFA to place it in S. Korea.

(4) This thread should be merged into (WCQ) NK - Japan match to be played in 3rd country without audience.

11. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    [​IMG]

Skip!! You've done it so quick!!

12. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    He's biased. He only reacts quickly to Japanese posters, especially females ones. ;)

13. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    No, he is NOT. I just suggested the right thing, I believe. (your words made me regret that I posted the second one. I'm sorry Skip....)

14. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    That's one thing I don't want to hear from a girl.:D

Don't worry, Hyok's just kidding.

15. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    爆笑!!!

16. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
  17. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    This should be an easy win for Japan since they dont have the astro turf to deal with.

18. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

sorry but i just had a weird feeling.. wat if kim jong il fires a missle somewhere in asia to accept his demands in playin in n.korea?

19. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Never followed a closed-door match before, so...is this game going to be televised?

20. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    Yes. And Kawabuchi commissioner is also trying to prepare for the public-viewing setup somewhere in Bangkok for Japanese supporters and Thai peeple there.

Ah, but not on live in North Korea as usual.

21. maiku~

maiku~ New Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Toronto
    LOL, this is going to be quite boring for players~

N.Korea is lucky this is closed door, I think Thailand would be mainly cheering Japanese if they were allowed to enter!

22. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    True

23. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    Yes, he is.

24. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    But I am not kidding.

25. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    Because you can still be here??

Noah, I really like you. So. I don't care if you fight with any other but please do not get into or cause any problems with Skip. I feel like a..., being "torn between..." thing... please??