[WCQ] NK - Japan in 3rd country without audience (merged)

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by jinroh, Apr 29, 2005.

1. jinroh

jinroh Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Seoul/Tokyo/NJ
    (WCQ) NK - Japan match to be played in 3rd country without audience.

Japanese media is reporting the news that FIFA has penalized NK for what happned in Pyongyang in March match against Iran. This means NK won't have another home game for remaining WCQ campaign. Where to be held is undecided.

Methink this is too harsh punishment ...

2. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Re: (WCQ) NK - Japan match to be played in 3rd country without audience.

The thing is, the Iran match showed they the North Korean federation was either unwilling or incapable of hosting a WCQ. They have to be held accountable somehow. And the state media is still in denial. They're reporting that the fan violence was a justified reaction to the refereeing and the events are being exaggerated by the foreign media.

I personally would have gone with an empty stadium, but I guess they can't guarantee safety outside of the stadium. And if they held it in a third country, it wouldn't have been easy to find a country that didn't have political tension with either country.

I think it's a bit too harsh but I don't see a better option.

3. jinroh

jinroh Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Seoul/Tokyo/NJ

I'd ve give'em empty stadium or banning from A matchs for a period of time after the WCQ... oh, well, i'm not the one who's running it anyhow.

so, now where can it be? ASEAN nations comes to mind but being in empty stadium, a nice World Cup venue in SK can be used?

4. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC

If I had to guess, South Korea (or China?) would be the logical venue, especially since crowd hostility wouldn't be an issue for either country.

5. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada

South Korea I think would be fair, as it would still sort of be a "home" match for North Koreans and "away" match for Japan. I don't know about China, I think with all the recent political events, there COULD be a possibility it could turn hostile, too (although not as crazy as the one we've seen in Pyongyang).

6. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah

Play it in Joju island!

7. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan

How can they play in China? Crowd hostility wouldnt be an issue? Stop doping yourself too much idiot. Already forgot Asia 2004? Already forgot those stupid demos by those barbarians in there? They should be punished as well. Having said that, South Korea would be the only logical choice left.

8. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

it would be real interesting if this match is played in South Korea WITH spectators. :D

but i doubt that they're gonna choose South Korea for this match.

there are just too many political issues between us and North Korea.

i'm guessing it would be somewhere like Malaysia.

9. @yBoDaY9

@yBoDaY9 Red Card

Apr 2, 2005
    Riyadh

I think its too harsh,the home factor plays a big part in winning.China?no man they hate japan.But south korea would be good as im not seeing much hostility between them and north korea

10. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma

Nah, if anything this actually benefits North Korea since they have been hiding and playing behind closed doors for years. They have not shown that home gives them any advantage so far in their matches. They will be pretty comfortable in a neutral stadium with no fans.

11. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

well if it is played in South Korea, i bet you all the South Koreans will chant for North Korea like crazy.. maybe unity songs.. i hope kim jong il will watch the game if its played in South Korea and actually change his heart..

12. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC

Maybe, but they'll all be chanting at the TV screen.

13. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001

I've seen the NK-Iran match and it there was nothing "incapable" of NK. I'm rather anti-NK but as a third-person, Iranians threw flares at the North Korean players, water bottles are common in the K - League, and the recent AC Milan - Inter Milan derby made the Iran @ NK game look like it was a joke. In the end, I don't blame Japan for wanting to play at a 3rd country but I'm just really really disappointed :( lol.

On a side note, whichever country Japan chooses to play the game, if its in East Asia, they're going to be the away team. It's inevitable. You guys aren't exactly the most-liked country around, ya know.

Well, Vamos Japan. Take over Iran's lead of Group B.

14. Xevor

Xevor New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Holland

It was not a flare and it were no Iranians. It was only one person who threw one firework. Still it was a disgracefull thing and because of this "fan" IFF was fined and we had to play 3 games without any fan in the stadium.

The "fans" of North Korea were threwing everything on the Iranian players and the referree so I think this is fair

15. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC

Oh, I know. And it would feel cheap to win without playing away, especially against a team we should dominate.

And the point is to punish the NK FA and to ensure safety, and if you can do that without giving Japan too much advantage, then great. As I said before, SK is the logical alternative since it requires the shortest travel and has the facilities/experience to host a big match.

16. shinpath

shinpath Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Shanghai, PR China
    Club:
    --other--

This sucks. I was really looking forward to this match being played in Pyongyang in front of NK fans and 5000 Japanese away supporters.
    I wanted to BE on of the away supporters.

17. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32

I think SK is better choice, but can those NK players enter...? I just remember, before teams for 2 groups were disclosed, critics said "if SK and NK are in the same group, things will be complicated.." sort of things. I thought they talked about home/away games against each other... (no??)

Definitely not in China. No India. No Singapore.. (where else we had problems...? don't remember all...)

18. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

Iran? :D
    actually it makes sense if you think about it, because they can just stay in the region as their previous games are in Middle East... just a thought!

19. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32

Well, but at least, now NK doesn't have to worry about playing Japanese anthem there in their own country. ha-ha!

You've booked already? There is not enough hotels to provide rooms for 5000 Japanese. If there are night flights, you wouldn't need to stay there though... Anyway, all gone for nothing. Sorry that you've lost the chance to be there.

20. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32

Good thinking!! How far or how long does it take from Bahrain to Iran??

21. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

they are right under us (on the map)... something between 2-4 hours... and we have enough stadiums in different cities to avoid any unnecessary tension!

side note: for group B, 8th of June games could be very important and actual decider so it would be nice to have them at the same time...

[​IMG]

I have circled the cities which are able to venue this game perfectly... so I guess we can have both games at the same time in Iran in 2 of these cities!

22. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA

SK would very good place to hold this match. NK players can enter into Korea via Panmunjum. Besides the travel advantage, South Korean will come out in droves to watch that match and is likely to root for NK, giving NK the feel for home advantage. Cash starving NK can also realise some profit from the match.

23. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

the only problem is that there are no spectators allowed in the game as part of the Fifa's punishment!

24. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA

Ouch! Damn FIFA ********s! :rolleyes:

25. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

I still say my plan makes perfect sense!