WCQ: Honduras vs México; October 10, 2017

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Philip J. Fry, Oct 7, 2017.

1. turibird

turibird Member+

Jun 1, 2008
    Juarez
    You seriously wanted to eliminate the USA instead of this shit excuse of a team that rollled around the floor for half the game..

SGuerrilla, SoDamnSmooth and Otaku repped this.
  2. El_LatinLover

El_LatinLover BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Too much salt makes you blind? Maybe just enough sugar does to you. Lulz. Are you really this blind? It's not that we did or did not beat Germany, it's how we played; and how we played in the whole group stage, when you have CB playing at laterales, or you sit your best player because "he isn't that big and tall."

We tie against Portugal when we should have lost...easily. Against Russia and New Zeland, we had nothing; the only thing we had was better players that saved the coach because they were just that much more talented than the opponent. When we faced a real competition(Germany) which didn't miss goles(like Portugal did) then we ate 4.

We were good enough to compete with them, but our coach puts players in a bad position where they need to overcomethe position they don't play. He played Chicharito as a winger. He played alanis as lateral. He sat our best player for tactical reasons. Are you effing kidding me?

And that was just the Confed cup.Stop being blind and defending this coach. He may do well with club teams, but national team is very different.

TGO, Philip J. Fry, DankYummy and 2 others repped this.
  3. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #228 Emigomez, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Thats where we disagree, I dont think Mexico deserved to beat Germany in that confeds match period. They outplayed us in every single position man for man. A different formation wouldnt have changed that fact. He couldv gone for park the bus strategy and play the counter which wouldv been the only other viable option but i respect him for atleast trying

4. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I never said we should have won. When did i say "we should have won"? Answer this question, specifically.

Because I remember saying we had the talent to compete with Germany, not what Mex actually did.

You respect the coach for trying? You respect him for putting chicharito in a position he does not play as well? You respect him putting a CB at LB? You respect him for sitting the best player because opponent was tall and bulky?

Wow. Tapar el sol con un dedo. Decio de Maria is your type of president.

TGO and iveman27 repped this.
  5. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    I have no faith In this team at the World Cup. It's gonna be 3 and out. Save this post/prediction.

6. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Because he is not an imbecile , if he would've played chícharo in his natural 9 position this would've been a remake of the manu vs Barca match where chícharo had like 2-3 minutes of involvement and the other 87 mins he was a ghost . Cmon you can't be that clueless ....

7. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I said it before, the only thing that can take us past the R16 in this World Cup is our players' hunger for international glory.

8. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Doesn’t matter

Australia will take care of Honduras

Otaku, JJV1994 and LGRod repped this.
  9. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    You couldn't answer my question about where I said we should have beat Germany? When and where did I say we should have beat Germany, like you accused me of? Answer this and then I will respond to this comment.

Show Spoiler
    I didn't think so.

iveman27 repped this.
  10. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nothing gets me more upset than losing to Honduras. I can't believe the f*ckers started the diving at min 65

no balls on the sidelines

people running onto the field

and then only 5 mins added- I can't wait to see them lose to Australia

11. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Cmon man...we get more satisfaction out of seeing the Nads eliminated than beating Honduras. And Australia didn't look strong vs Syria, despite getting the job done.

12. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm actually happy for Central America , past decade they have really upped their play level and in the long run will only benefit concacaf which includes Mexico

DankYummy and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  13. iveman27

iveman27 Member+

Feb 7, 2013
    Club:
    Club América
    @El_LatinLover Chicharito scored that game?

14. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Implying the nads don’t do the same at the Aztecs

DankYummy repped this.
  15. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Let’s be honest, the US would have drawn Iceland, an actual decent team, and lost more handily

Emigomez repped this.
  16. YoungHova

YoungHova Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't think turibird is implying that at all. It doesn't matter what the nads do; the point turibird is making (I think) is that we need to be focused on our own team in this case and no one else.

17. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I’d agree if any of the forum dwellers were actually a Tri player. Most people here can’t run a hundred metres without panting for air. What we want or not is irrelevant.

18. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    I just don't get what indicator of our play offers us the luxury of taking a "game off" per say.

Osorio has been humiliated twice in tournaments. If he doesn't use these games to draw some type of conclusion or make a change, then when?

DankYummy and LGRod repped this.
  19. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't get what you are trying to get me to agree with, that you didn't say Germany should've lost ? Idc what you think it should've been

20. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    That avatar is really starting to make sense. You said "Thats where we disagree, I dont think Mexico deserved to beat Germany in that confeds match period."

Did I say we deserved to win?

21. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You are too busy trying to make a point that you have gone off topic

LGRod repped this.
  22. Robertinho21

Robertinho21 Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Tujunga, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    1.) For those of you making fun at those respective countries that did not make the World Cup.....................that is just straight out shady. There must be a lot of 13 year old's in here that lack the sincerity and humbleness to know that were not that good ourselves to begin with, remember were Mexico.

2.) We were suppose to be winning Honduras, and should have won Honduras, but we gave away 3 goals with our powerful defense....................once again because were Mexico.

3.) Our coach is quite something with his rotations...............that might work to an extent in the world cup qualifying...................but when the big dance comes around...............that is where we will get exposed, just like Copa America Centenario, and Confederations. In other words....................ladies and gentlemen, we better start praying to something, because we are not looking that cool.................were Mexico.

4.) Last but not least...................this is the first time that i dont feel to comfortable going into the world cup..................we have the talent, the players, and are qualified, but do we have the desire, the heart, and the mentality????? I would not be surprise if we go in and out............................in other words we made the World Cup, just to fill in the numbers.....................................after all folks, lets stay humble..........................because in case some of you forgot were Mexico..................and were not looking to good, going in, ciao.

iveman27 repped this.
  23. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #248 Emigomez, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Ok Uncle Ruckus...

On a side note the last time we were leaders of the CONCACAF hexagonal stage was in 1998 that is 20 years since last time we were first in points. In 1998 we had 0 loses. Every world cup hexagonal concacaf stage after 1998 not counting 2018 we had 2+ loses . (in 2002, in 2006, in 2010, in 2014). In 2018 we only had 1 loss and that 1 loss took out USA.

If this is the first time you dont feel comfortable in a world cup you are living in a fantasy land. World cup 1998 is the one we had a very good performance and lost to germany 1-2.

Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  24. Robertinho21

Robertinho21 Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Tujunga, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Its always the same story my friend....................have you not seen the past???? But it seems like your the typical Mexican thinking that all looks good......................when all is not good. We have always had a decent, to good, to bad team going into the World Cup.................and yet with that said, we have still done nothing my friend. We have the team to do it.............or so it seems, but have we not seen this movie before???

25. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm only 28 years old and in my short lifetime i have seen Mexico win it's first confederations cup. I've seen Mexico go to a copa america final in 2001 a very close final vs Colombia, i was too young for the 1993 final but it happened in my lifetime too. In my lifetime ive seen the first Mexican squad to win a u17 world cup in 2005 then again in 2011. Also in my lifetime ive seen Mexico win its first ever olympic gold cup @ 2012.

What Mexico needs is for cangrejos like you to die off and let the future generations pave the way to glory

JJV1994, Hecho en Chivas and la fresa repped this.