[WC Tickets] Bank Transfer

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Xevor, May 11, 2005.

1. Xevor

Xevor New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Holland
    Last month I was also emailed by FIFA that they are delighted to inform me that I have been picked out of the draw for the tickets.

I selected as paymenth method bank transfer and they said they will inform me about the bank details in the beginning of May but I haven't received anything yet. So I have a question for those who selected bank transfer as payment method: Have you guys received the email yet?

2. bigdelta

bigdelta New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Orlando
    I haven't received the transfer instructions either.There was an article posted elsewhere that stated FIFA's computer (or parts of it) were crashed.I haven't been able to access the Customer Service area for a few days to verify my tickets
    (to calm my paranoia that said tickets will disappear into cyberspace before I pay for them).
    John

3. mar72

mar72 New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I too am in the waiting for the details on the xfer after selecting this payment method in the second sales phase. Let's agree to post here if anyone hears anything.

4. Roonaldo543

Roonaldo543 New Member

Apr 26, 2005
    Also still waiting for ticket bank transfer details.

5. Xevor

Xevor New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Holland
    Okay after emailing them twice I got an answer with the bank transfer details

6. bigdelta

bigdelta New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Orlando
    I received the invoice again and the transfer info in an e-mail posted at 2:32 ET .We have until June 3 for the funds to be in their bank.Pretty straightforward it seems.My credit union won't send int'l funds until Monday.
    Pure coincidence that their Customer Self Service and the transfer info both came online today. :rolleyes:
    John

7. Roonaldo543

Roonaldo543 New Member

Apr 26, 2005
    I've receieved the bank transfer details but they have invoiced me in GPB pounds, assuming i want to pay in pounds cos i live in the UK, at a totally crap exchange rate. I really want to transfer the amount in euros. Does anyone else have this problem? Or know whether you can change the payment currency easily? Dont really want to get rinsed 100 quid thro their dodgy rates.

8. bigdelta

bigdelta New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Orlando
    I was billed in Euros 300+25 fees(FIFA bonus)+my bank fees+receiving bank fees.
    You may want to call FIFA and ask if you can change payment currency-it may be worth the call to save a few quid.
    John

9. D-man

D-man New Member

May 18, 2005
    Canada
    Anybody having trouble with this 'OUR' bank transfer. I live in Canada and need to pay for my tickets, but all the major banks have never heard about this type of transfer, and claim that there is no way they can execute a transfer in which the fees at the receiving bank are automatically determined and then added to the total transfer. They tell me I should phone the bank in Germany or contact FIFA, to find out what the fees will be so I can send a larger amount. FIFA, in the email, seems really adamant that it be an 'OUR' transfer, though. Any ideas?

10. bigdelta

bigdelta New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Orlando
    I had to open an acc't at Bank of America just to send my money.My credit union couldn't do this for several reasons but not because of the "OUR" part; we never got that far! I'm sending it tomorrow morning and I'll post the results tomorrow evening.I live in the USA.It's been more difficult to send the money than get the tickets so far.
    John :eek:

11. slickset09

slickset09 New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Malibu
    i'm running into problems in the us too. washington mutual needs the benificiary's address as well as the benificiary's bank's address and the actual account number. put in a request for those with customer service, hopefully i can get the information before june 3rd.

any successfully transfers from the us? if so, what bank did you go through, i may need to open an account there if this response takes too long.

12. bigdelta

bigdelta New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Orlando
    I spent 3 hours this morning with my "personal banker" at BofA.After 5 calls to other offices w/i the company and 1 each to the Federal Reserve and Bank of New York,she finally managed to get it sent after I left for work.She,nor anyone she contacted had ever seen such "AMBIGUOUS",and I'm being kind,wiring instructions.What does "OUR" mean?What are the receiving bank's charges?How much MORE than my invoice do I send and PRAY it's enough because we're threatened with cancellation of our "awarded" tickets by FIFA AZZHOLES if we send a partial payment or insuffient amounts!
    I'll happily vent my spleen tomorrow to a manager at FIFA over the phone and speak for all of us who have/had difficulty sending payment.
    Will we receive a refund if we send to much?No,according to FIFA.The extra will help buy a new Mercedes for that Blatter(BLADDER) idiot,along with the 25EURO for no reason at all! OK ,I'm finished.
    John :mad:
    On a happier note,I still don't know if everything we did was correct.

13. bigdelta

bigdelta New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Orlando
    Hey slickset,if WM uses SWIFT,that will help.If not,they will need the physical address of the bank.We just used Frankfurt,Germany for address and it was accepted.Hope this helps.I opened an account for the sole purpose of sending this wire,using BofA. :rolleyes:
    John

14. D-man

D-man New Member

May 18, 2005
    Canada
    So I called the Deutsche Bank in Toronto this morning, to see if someone there knew what might be going on, and the woman there expressed some surprise that the major banks here in Canada had no idea what the 'OUR' was. She claimed that the Deutsche Bank does such transfers for its clients in Canada every day, and that in general such transfers are not uncommon in Canada. They aren't a public bank, however, so opening an account there was not an option. I also called the Dresdner Bank in Frankfurt, to see what they would charge on an incoming wire transfer, but they were unsure what FIFA might have privately arranged. Their standard charge is 26.50 Euros. So I'm thinking I'll tack on 50 to 100 Euros onto my 175 Euro bill. It did say in the email I received (the payment details one) that FIFA would refund the difference if it was more than the cost of sending a wire transfer back to me. What a joke.

15. bigdelta

bigdelta New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Orlando
    I included an extra 40 Euros over and above the 300 for the tickets plus 25 kickback (FIFA) for Seth Blatter's(BLADDER) new tires for his Benz.I sent 2 e-mails yesterday about the ambiguous wiring instructions and another regarding no reply from my accomodations request 11 days ago.(They promised a reply in 72 hrs.)
    John

16. Melbourne Croatia

May 21, 2005
    Croatia
    In the second phase of sales, has anybody had their applications processed yet?

The OC and Mastercard conspired to screw up my first phase applicaton (I got Croatia tst 6 cat 3) and have said that my email will be recharge in the second phase!
    But no word yet on application.

This from the OC.

"According to your wishes, your credit card will be recharged in the beginning of
    May. We are glad to provide you with tickets for the FIFA World Cup Germany 2006
    (TM) and hope we could be of assistance to you."

17. Xevor

Xevor New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Holland
    Wtf is this I paid two weeks ago and my status is still "not paid". I emailed them three times and they still didn't gave an answer :mad:

18. bigdelta

bigdelta New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Orlando
    Well,it's ONLY been 10 days for me and I stiil have "not paid" also.German efficiency at it's best! Not to mention the accommodations fiasco too.Give them a break;they've ONLY had 4 years to plan for it.
    John

19. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Yeah, mark me down as officially hating on the instructions. I had the transaction sent to them, but also no update, and I don't think my bank included the fee on my end. So, now I have to send extra money, and is there another fee for that? Would they send me an e-mail to say that you paid, but not enough, so please add money? WTF?

I realize that they have umpteen million of these to process, but I just know someone is going to get dinged on the funds transfer. Currently praying to Pele that it isn't me.

<so annoyed>

20. bigdelta

bigdelta New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Orlando
    jamison,I agree completely.My understanding is that you'll have to pay another 2 add'l fees,both from your(sending) bank and the receiving(Blatter's)bank.FIFA mad it clear in the small print that if a partial or insufficeint payment was sent,that they would cancel your order(allocation) and refund payment,minus their take.BofA charged $35 to send.

21. mar72

mar72 New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Received my request for bank transfer on June 9th for TST-7 Guatemala that I ordered during the second phase. I have until June 30th to complete the xfer. The funny thing is that my status on the fifa web site shows paid :confused:. Any additional pointers on getting the bank xfer done would be appreciated.