Pre-match: (WC - Semi-Final) Germany Vs Brazil July 8

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Lahmfan, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Crisstti

Crisstti Member+

May 29, 2010
    Chile
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It doesn't look so bad there... probably because of the slow motion.

2. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Found it funny because I saw his twitter post lately and whenever people say "Lahm is better at RB" or "Oezil is terrible" , he would be so overreacted

Kept defending for himself and blamed everything on Loew. Typical @SirManchester

Btw, @SirManchester , Oezil is shit and hasn't shown anything makes him deserve on the startelf. Not helping offensively and defensively; and yes, Lahm should be our RB

3. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    ----------------Neuer
    ---Lahm--Merte---Mats---Boateng
    ---------------Schweini
    ------------Kroos---Khedira
    ----Goetze----Mueller----Schuerrle

For @SirManchester

4. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

pikuchan, F96 and Cris 09 repped this.
  5. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The camel's back is broken? Well, Brazil were riding him too hard IMHO and I don't see Fred/Hulk doing much. Still, Oscar is pretty dangerous and this will still be a tough match.

We all know how the '02 Final went but what is Germany's record in other WC matches against Brazil?

MatthausSammer repped this.
  6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not that Stellar...but lets face it if we want to hold that trophy we better beat Brazil ...these boys seem mentally prepared for it....so lets hope they can change the status quo ...but those brazilian sides imo where much more advanced than the one we are facing
    Sad to see Ozil on such a bad ride of quality...its almost like he is sick or suffering from some sort of illness!

7. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    we never met them other than 02 in a world cup

8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So Thiago ....Is he out as well???

9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    IF & if we raise this CUP HIGH...it will make up for the past few ones we lost by inches!
    Being in South America and all:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

10. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    some more stats

official games played between the two nation
    [​IMG]

Confederation
    [​IMG]

Friendly
    [​IMG]

and one world cup game were we lost 2-0

Minttunator and Fussballer repped this.
  11. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yes suspensions

12. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It may just be me, but I was really hoping to see us go up against Neymar, Silva, and the gang. I agree this isn't the strongest of Brazilian teams (even with the aforementioned players), but it was a match-up that got me excited..... one of those top-tier match-ups that tends to define a World Cup. Regardless, I think it will be more of a competitive game than people here seem to believe.

We still have to deal with their fullbacks, and I expect a significant amount of diving (oh, and counterattacking).

13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What a difference it would make if Ozil was in-form and IF we had Reus...sorry hate to bring it up again:cool::confused::( but it just gets more and more apparent and as much as am trying to not obsses over it...it does hit me here and there
    Oh and of course if instead of Mustafi...

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    True but they have always been holding the edge ( at least on paper) during other world cups...The only time we could have steam rolled them thru and thru was the side that beat Argentina in the WC Final under the Command of the Kaizer Franz...Boy that squad and the names on that team still run chills down my spine!
    The most balanced and perfect German Squad to date:speechless::thumbsup::thumbsup::speechless:

15. Viper87

Viper87 Member

Oct 13, 2008
    What kind of dumb thread title and starting post is this? Totally disrespectful. Don't understand why a mod isn't taking care of this.

16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Disrespectful? To whom? FIFA? Brazil?

Dhajj, Vlad S., chewz and 6 others repped this.
  17. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Step 1) Reach behind you.
    Step 2) Firmly grab hold of large stick that is lodged up butt.
    Step 3) Remove stick from butt.

P to the Wee, chewz, Lahmfan and 2 others repped this.
  18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    +1

chewz repped this.
  19. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Brazil's a cat without teeth. Bite may be gone, but those claws can still tear right into you. We need to approach this matchup with the utmost seriousness, because they are still dangerous.

Dhajj repped this.
  20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #120 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    How dare u use the word "Butt" where is the Mod why isn't anyone controlling this thread...make sure from here on in u use Gluteus Mximus instead of Butt!
    P.S. Of course if u wanna be more precise Gluteus Maximus - Medius - Minimus

chewz, Minttunator and The Bavarian Oak repped this.
  21. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #121 Dalmar, Jul 5, 2014

Low is under enormous pressure to win a title so he made a conscious decision to use three central midfielders thorough-out the tournament. This means Kroos would have most contact with the ball and will do Ozil's job. Mesut in the mean time would have to depend on the slow build up from the middle of the park. Kroos is hardly a Xabi or Xavi to see split second opening. He's also afraid to take chances with crucial early balls. To complicate things with front 3 players in 4-3-3 are too far part.

I think Low may be borrowing Del Bosque's 2010 World Cup formula: with 3 central midfielders, Xavi-Busquets-Xabi and three attackers. The issue though, there is no Xavi in Low's team. There is no tiki-taka to keep possession, to find holes, to switch plays.

I remember Madrid playing against Barcelona with three man midfield since Messi's movements often creates 3 against 2 or 4 against 2 situations. Mourinho's had to clock the middle with another central midfielder to disrupt their passing game. Low is using a three man midfield against Algeria. lol

I think Low's team will exit the tournament on Tuesday. I don't think a high back and a central midfield as slow as Sweini-Khedira-Kroos will survive the Brazilian pressure and counter attack, not to mention the tremendous home support. Low can switch Mesut back into the middle and bring back Gotze in mid game, but it would be too little too late as the opportunity to establish good chemistry among players in real match has already been lost.

22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #122 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Jul 5, 2014
    The Brazlian Pressure has been anything but pressure so far....and they have patched up their victories one game at a time.And i think its obvious FIFA has helped them thru the referees..or for whatever raason the referees have not pulled out many cards whenever they are playing despite their fouls !
    As for all the formations and player analysis you speak of...i can see your point and perhaps on paper it kindda makes sense...but i believe in another aspect of the game which tactics and formations and player profile falls short to explain.Please forgive me if am not sharing more...but there is no point because am sure it will turn into a never ending gallery of postings and replies and ppl would hate us for it!
    Each to their own...considering Brazil's home field advantage and tradition/style i don't think they are superior to Germany so far in this tourni and you can't possibly tell me ...this is the brazil everyone was hoping / picturing before the games opened??? They are a far cry form that...wether or not playing Germany!
    I know one thing tho from experience and watching/playing the game for many years...and i don't want to open a can of worms here but if Germany does what they do best (and remember a few minor things & what separates them from the flock ) Brazil may very well be the Biggest host that will exit a world cup!
    On a different Not never liked Tiki-Taka and never thought it was anything superior ...Spain's success during the past years was greatly a contribution of a golden generation and it will never replicate itself ( I also remember during last world cup spain got away with a lot of very close games)...a strong system and footballing root is what Germany has produced with its consistency..No other nation has succeeded to produce the same results such as Germany thru the years...to me thats a healthy strong footballing nation.When your national team's..and clubs normally end up in similar positions/standings year in year out ...Spain was only successful due to a group of highly talented players and along with those players aging the tiki-taka you mention sinked to the bottom !

23. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gelbgesperrt!!! F'yeah!!! I think we may finally see Dante and that may be a bad thing as I've always rated Dante over Thiago.

24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sadly agree...Dante's experience in Germany with Gladbach & Hollywood is not a good thing:(:(:(:(o_Oo_Oo_O:whistling:
    But he produces some of the Biggest brain farts as well:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

25. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i love these comments ..

"Germany going to exit the world cup after they lose to the US"
    "Germany going to exit after Algeria game"
    "Defiantly the french will kick them out .. they actually know how to attack"
    "Defiantly Tuesday is their last day..."

if my ass has lips and talk, it would said better shit than this