WC Semi 1st leg: Sounders v. Dallas

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Seaball, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Short turnaround, tired legs, possibly no Torres or Evans. Granted Dallas will not have Diaz, but I'm not that optimistic about picking up a 1-2 goal marker heading into Frisco. Hopefully, the boys prove me wrong.

2. legendofzola

legendofzola Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Cape Breton
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It is outrageous the way Seattle have turned their season around and then the smashing of Dallas in game 1. Unreal

kaburu repped this.
  3. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woooo!!! Woooo!!! Outstanding game by the Sounders! It's nice to be on the 3 side of a 3-0 shellacking in the first leg of a 2-leg series. Now we just have to not lose focus in the 2nd leg and take care of business!!

kaburu repped this.
  4. Captain_Ski

Captain_Ski Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Bellingham
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:!!

kaburu repped this.
  5. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty freaking entertaining! Kinda feels like this season isn't ending soon.

kaburu repped this.
  6. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Joevin Jones had one hell of a game.

7. terrier

terrier Member

May 31, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    The big asterisk here for me is the Diaz story. This was NOT the shield-winning Dallas, and hasn't been since Mears ended Diaz's season, which makes it hard for me to enjoy this as much as I'm sure I otherwise would.

8. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *shrug* And the Sounders are without Dempsey, Torres, Ivanschitz, and Evans (for most the game).

I'm not sure what we saw was a result of them not having Diaz, but rather that they went with a 5-3-2 line-up and cmopletely tanked any offense that they could have had. It seemed like their game plan was to get a draw or lose 1-0 and go home with a winnable game on their leg. Once the Sounders started scoring, their line-up made it impossible for them to catch up.

terrier and kaburu repped this.
  9. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, their tactics were a head scratcher. Morris adjusts well to being moved out wide. Sensational assist on Lodeiro's first goal.

10. terrier

terrier Member

May 31, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Completely agree on Dallas tactics - they could have done better, Diaz or no Diaz - and that's on them. It's more just... I don't like feeling like the Sounders benefited from injuring an opponent.