(WC Qualifying) Germany vs. Kazakhstan 03.26.2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by ForeverRed, Mar 25, 2013.

1. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Worst mistake that Loew could make again, is change his tactics in WC competition when they play against Italy. I recon he needs to stick to his tactics what ever it will be and play all teams the same way. Only within the game if he is at all required to make changes (60 min or whenever) he should do this. If he has a winning team/tactic and they draw e.g Italy in the QF he should not try and be a smart arse and change things. Opponents should rather change their tactics when playing against zzzza Zgermanns .

2. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In my time as a football fan, I have rarely seen a coach botch a big match the way Löw did against Italy. It's really unbelievable.

Dhajj, nekkibasara and timh19 repped this.
  3. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He tried to out think and outsmart himself so much that it imploded in itself..

Hopefully he's learned his mistake and will look forwarded to deep run in WC.. Finals or bust.

4. Roland25

Roland25 Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Germany / Aachen

Something like that. It is psychological any way.

First order Effect:

-Germany is worried (at least unconsciousnessly) about the curse and gets negative stimuli. If they lead first is one story but if they fall behind, then their collective mode as a team becomes unstable. It reduces our overall chance as if we fall behind, then Italy has done 80% of the job

-On the other hand, Italy gets positive stimuli because of his good billanz against Germany

Second order Effect:

-Italy knows that German players are worried about past results and this will boost them mentally even further. I have read many interviews from Italians, in which they say we are Germans Angstgegner.

-The same can be said about German players, they know Italians take it easy and unworried (And they must learn to use this as an advantage!)

I strongly believe that Low must as priority no.1 , work on team's collective Psyche (not necessarily individually). Some thing like project Italy until 2014. I don't think saying just take it easy until we face them to be enough, (if you want to win the trophy and are not satisfy with another 2nd or 3rd place)

Also this generation needs a trophy. If Bayern or Dortmund could mange to finally win a CL , it will boost our moral for WC 2014. (This looks like another curse, this Bayern Generation has ALWAYS become 2nd or 3rd, but never won a thing yet)

At the end, we must defeat Italy in a serious competitive match one day, until then their psychological advantage remains. May be a 1/16 encounter in WC would be great. As Germany has always been among 8 teams for a very long time . Our problem is any way neither magical nor tecnical/tactical, it is pure psychological.

5. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern's side in 2010 just wasn't good enough to win the CL. We were lucky to make the final, and just didn't have the quality to win it. 2012 was a major choke job for sure. If we win this year, after having come up against Arsenal, Juventus, Barcelona, and then BVB or Madrid in a final, it can only bode well. BVB or Bayern winning the CL this season could be a huge mental step for us.

Lahmfan repped this.