WC 2018 Qualifier vs. Spain

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by sempreITALIA, Sep 22, 2016.

1. sempreITALIA

sempreITALIA Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Probable Starting 11:

Buffon

Barzagli -- Bonucci -- Romagnoli!!

Florenzi -- Parolo -- De Rossi -- Bonaventura -- Criscito/ De Sciglio

Eder -- Pelle
    Negatives
    Unfortunate that Verratti will not take part.
    Pelle instead of Bellotti. Hopefully, the Torino man will get the nod in the second half.

Positives
    Romagnoli gets his chance to make his mark.
    Criscito is solid on the left, both offensively and defensively. Happy to see him back in the fold.
    Bonaventura has found a home as an effective inside CM. Quality player. A poor man's Iniesta.

Rosay repped this.
  2. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    WTF is that lineup? No Candreva? That is essentially 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders. Eder and Pelle will have no support. Bonaventura doesn't inspire big game confidence in me.

Why the hell would we leave weapons like Candreva and Verratti on the bench? We can't just sit back in this game and hope to run our asses off. I hope this lineup is wrong.

Parcae repped this.
  3. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL

4. sempreITALIA

sempreITALIA Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Verratti is dealing with an injury. Candreva didn't play at the Euro's against Spain and Florenzi performed well. He is a two-way player and a tireless runner. If that is your biggest issue, you're overlooking some of the real problems. For example, Pelle has got to go. De Rossi is running on one leg these days. And Parolo is nothing more than a marathon runner.

5. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    According to Ventura, Verratti is playing against Macedonia. Fit enough to play, so the injury line is bullshit.
    I thought Ventura was a fanboy but actions speak louder than words.

Florenzi has been playing well (not as well as Candreva) but he gives us speed and better defensive cover than Candreva. Looks like a side built for playing on the counter

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  7. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    This overly tactical catenaccio BS really annoys me. It's not like we are playing in Madrid. We are at home. We need 3 points if we want to win this group. This lineup is tailor made hoping to absorb pressure and somehow squeak in a goal. It is annoying. Play with some balls.

Baggionero repped this.
  8. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Or Sarri is just playing the wrong person lol

9. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I kinda wish this game was in Spain. We could drop points in Spain and still be ok but we need the points at home. Having the home game later would have given Ventura a bit more time to figure things out. Lose this game and it becomes extremely tough to win the group.

Oh well.

10. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Without talent in the midfield it will be very hard to maintain possession. We will be pressed and give it up quickly. Verratti and Candreva could really have helped in that area so that we wouldn't be destroyed in the middle.

Now we will have to outrun them and outwork them. It's certainly possible, but it makes things a lot more difficult.

11. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Balotelli scored the winner with a few minutes to go and then got 2 yellow cards. Yep still a fcukwit. Stay away.

12. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Keep in mind that Spain has a new manager as well, and is trying to improve their team. Its true Ventura will have been given more time but so would the Spain manager. Spain has better talent on paper, and a year from now we never know what will happen. Maybe some key players will be injured then, so I am not sure if that would have been a good idea. If we lose this game and beat Spain in Spain that wouldn't be too bad either. Anyway I hope we can win this game, and maybe draw them in Spain at the very least. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a double over them honestly.

Verratti might be brought on later in the game, I am not sure.

13. Anthony212

Anthony212 Member

Aug 8, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Italy: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Romagnoli; Florenzi, Parolo, De Rossi, Montolivo, De Sciglio; Eder, Pellè

Italy bench: Donnarumma, Perin, Darmian, Ogbonna, Astori, Candreva, Verratti, Bernardeschi, Bonaventura, Immobile, Gabbiadini, Belotti

14. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    More boring garbage. Hopefully this is just a formality because of the tried and tested mentality and that after this, we see the injection of youth. I can't bare to watch Monto, Parolo, Eder and Pelle anymore.

15. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Montolivo ?!?
    might as well throw Thiago Motta in there as well if we're going with junk players

Rossonero23 and Parcae repped this.
  16. vincep5

vincep5 Member

Jun 19, 2005
    Wow a stadium filled with Italian fans. Lots of blue. I don't think I've ever witnessed this before in Italy. Great job juventus fans

17. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    LOL at Montolivo. I will say this...he can distribute the ball well...and they need that if they don't have Verratti in there. So, there is hope of at least hitting some long balls.

18. vincep5

vincep5 Member

Jun 19, 2005
    Still nothing positive from Italy and it's almost 15min in

19. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Who here is pondering how ridiculous this line up is whilst wearing no socks? Ventura is a colossal vagina.

Parcae and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  20. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Zero fckin possession. Told you so.

21. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I feel like the poss is at least 95% Spain lol

22. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Ventura is looking really dumb....even if we hit a lucky counter...this is a stupid lineup. Moronic.

23. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    This is embarrassing.

24. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    LOL Montolivo is useless. I never root for an injury, but this may be a blessing in disguise.

el napulitan repped this.
  25. vincep5

vincep5 Member

Jun 19, 2005
    Damn it's brutal. No possession. No ideas how to relieve pressure. Worse than watching a friendly