WC 2018 Group B: Spain Portugal Iran Morocco

Discussion in 'GROUP B: Portugal, Spain, Iran, Morocco' started by +PL+, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Edwardinho

Edwardinho Member

Barcelona
    France
    Feb 11, 2018
    I will be cheering for Iran to win in this match. Pepe and Cristiano should see some retribution.

!

2. Q_Eagle

Q_Eagle Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Jun 5, 2018
    LA
    Apparently the VAR didn't think that was a penalty. We had a terrible game, dont think anyone has said different. But for some reason u seem to think that is how ever game between us would go.

3. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4953 Paul Calixte, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    Okay, everyone, gather in:

First, you may have noticed that the "Yellow Submarine" (can't hate on it - nice reference @persianfootball ) has disappeared over the horizon, i.e. several of the cards issued in this thread having been expired. The good news for you is that we will no longer be resorting to cards as the first deterrent against improper behavior.

The bad news is that OTOH, us mods will still be carrying out our roles, and this forum is not a free-for-all.

Rather, with World War Thr- I mean, Iran-Portugal coming up in a couple days, I wanted to share with you all the standards that will be in effect here.

Football-related smack talk is in-bounds. If you get tired of hearing a poster yap about "Portugal didn't deserve to win Euro 16" or "Iran's never done anything in the WC" for the umpteenth time, add 'em to your ignore list and leave 'em there. If you feel that said poster is harassing you in particular, report it and we'll handle it.

HOWEVER, derogatory posts about another poster (ad hominem attacks), people group, race, ethnicity, gender, faith, sexual orientation, etc. have no place here. You do it once, you will receive a non-card warning. You ignore the warning and keep it up? You will be temporarily banned from this and the game thread. You see someone insult you, your people, your country? REPORT IT. Responding in kind will get you the same punishment.

Understood?

soccernutter repped this.
  4. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    A little harsh if you ask me. Do you mean just responding kindly will get people in trouble? Or am I misunderstanding something?

5. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Responding in kind, i.e. with the same kind of derogatory remark.

E.g.

"Portuguese people _____!"

"Yeah, well Iranians ______!"

The second may be a reaction, but will be treated the same: one warning before they get banned from the thread.

6. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Ahh makes sense.

7. Morocco98

Morocco98 Member

Jul 9, 2006
    We met twice and both times we s hooked Portugal: in 86 we won 3-1...last week we outplayed you again and were unlucky...so why shouldn't think we can?

zahzah, Edwardinho and persianfootball repped this.
  8. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  9. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yes a common language with both teams not with one team and not the other! The Spanish players could say things to the ref in their mother tongue that our players did not understand! They could easily influence the ref.
    A common language should be English! Not the main language of one team

soccernutter repped this.
  10. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yes a common language with both teams not with one team and not the other! The Spanish players could say things to the ref in their mother tongue that our players did not understand! They could easily influence the ref.
    A common language should be English! Not the main language of one team

11. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    What organization isn’t rigged in today’s world!? FIFA is rigged, UN is rigged, everything is rigged!

JoseEmidio repped this.
  12. Morocco98

Morocco98 Member

Jul 9, 2006
    True and sad. Unfortunately the western countries do benefit the most from the system.
    I'm hoping we can help iran advance.

Zandi360 and Ali(Iran) repped this.
  13. Q_Eagle

Q_Eagle Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Jun 5, 2018
    LA
    It not that u shouldn't think u should win. It's that u think that since u wont last time all future games will go the same.

I'm not sure what a game from 32 years ago gas to so with this but if thats what u want to talk about ok. Canada made it in 1986 as well..

14. Morocco98

Morocco98 Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Alright sir. But can we safely say that Morocco footbalisticaly better than Portugal? ;p

15. Q_Eagle

Q_Eagle Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Jun 5, 2018
    LA
    I don't understand the question

16. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    Not at all.

Morocco was the better side the other day which everyone would agree with but comparing Portugals football history to Moroccos if that what your saying I don't think your argument has any validity

17. footballlover

footballlover Member

Jan 1, 2004
    USA
    As an Iranian fan I was impressed with Morocco. You have a very good team and must be proud of them, regardless of the results they got. I was very optimistic of you getting atleast 1 point from Portugal,...which would have made our job easier.

18. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #4968 Mani, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    It’s very old fake news entirely made up by Saudi-owned Al Arabiya and picked up and recycled by a few British tabloids and websites over and over. After Iran won the Asian Women’s Futsal Championship a few years ago for the first time, Iranian female footballers were getting a lot of media attention, and Saudis who don’t even have a women’s team, out of jealousy that Iran had won the Asian Championship and Iranian women were in the spotlight , put out this fake news citing an imaginary official in the Iranian federation. No word or mention of this can be found on any official FIFA documents or statements, because it’s fake news and all made up.

Also @Paul Calixte , if posting this sort of provocative nonsense and flame-baits are allowed here, please do let us know so we adjust our postings about Portugal and Ronaldo accordingly.

19. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    Lighten up mate

It's a joke.

The Iranians we have I'm Australia are nowhere near as up tight as some of the posters in here

20. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    I dont think so, but it's pretty funny

21. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005

I'm a Portugal fan but I find the above hilarious

NewLaw83 repped this.
  22. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    CQ has warned the Iranian players that FIFA will be out in full force to make sure that their last remaining “superstar” player, Ronaldo, and his Portugal team will remain in the competition to satisfy their sponsors and the TV viewers, with Messi pretty much out already.

Looks like the fix is in and the appointment of another controversial South American referee who averages 7 yellow cads and half a red card per match, is by no accident.

#AgainstAllOdds

23. Morocco98

Morocco98 Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Talking about this WC.

24. Morocco98

Morocco98 Member

Jul 9, 2006
    We tried but the ball didnt wanna go in. Plus the ref didnt wanna check the VAR after 2 obvious penalties.

footballlover repped this.
  25. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    I think Morocco was much better than Portugal in their match