Post-match: WC 2014 (Amistoso): Brasil x Holanda [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Jul 11, 2014.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sorry but tomorrow isn't square one :ROFLMAO:

It's a consolation game. Nobody has their mind on already building something for the future.

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Morbid curiosity at the very least. I will admit that if I had something cool to do that I couldn't miss, I'd ditch the game.

3. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Like I said I'm not going to watch it. Going to work tomrrow afternoon. Plus even if I was free I would not watch it. That 7x1 lost still haunts me. I can't bare to imagine if we lose again. Jesus what a terrible week. First 7x1 lost. Then rumors Tite might not be coach but Luxa and Muricy? And then other rumors from globo that Del Nero wants Scolari to stay. I don't know how much I can take. Robben is going to burn Marcelo that is much I can say. I am not going to watch another lost! FOH.

4. FredGolazo

FredGolazo Red Card

Jul 11, 2014
    Brazil
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You guys are meanies! Why do you keep booing me? I haven't done anything?

5. Lockeroom

Lockeroom Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Yes, buit i will alwaye love the Brazilian football, it's different and extrordinary. I have wonderful memories and that was just the bad episode. The hard core horror episode. :)

6. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    Looks like Felipao reads this board. Maxwell is starting.

7. astinus4

astinus4 Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  8. astinus4

astinus4 Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    2 nil in 17 minutes. Why did I bother.....

9. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We have such magnificent defenders in David Luiz and Maicon:rolleyes:

One is closer to the opposite goal and the other one can't move.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Because Daniel Alves has proven to be better :rolleyes:

11. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Both have been shit. Maicon's performance last game takes the price though. Not impressing today either.

12. astinus4

astinus4 Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Maicons too old. Shame because he was a beast back in the day. Dani Alves has been consistently garbage for years though (for the selecao anyway)

13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Been better than Alves, which should tell how poor Alves is considering Maicon's performances.

Good luck with him this upcoming season if he stays.

14. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Really not here to defend Dani Alves. Like I said both have been bad. I just think the performances of Maicon in these last two games have been even worse. I mean can you be any worse than he was last game?

He did ok against Colombia though.

There are just too many players that aren't good enough on this team. It's really sad to see these players wear the Brazilian jersey.

The only two players that are worthy to wear it are Neymar and Thiago Silva.

15. astinus4

astinus4 Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    At this stage keeping at 2-0 looks like a good result .... Unbelievable

16. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Okie dokie, now I predict we wont qualify for 2018. Soul has been stolen

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The whole team was poor. It's too hard to judge a player on that aberration of game. We already knew this wasn't the Maicon of old, but he can provide things to this team that we haven't been getting from Daniel Alves for 4 years. I really have my doubts that Alves would have been better vs Germany.

I think there are other players that can be utilized. Oscar is still young. Paulinho has lost confidence and maybe the new coach in Spurs can guide him back to his old form. I'm not willing to close the book on some of these players. Sure, we aren't talking about craques here, but there are some good players. A lot can happen between now and 2018....

18. Lockeroom

Lockeroom Member

Apr 11, 2008
    It should be the red card for Thiago Silva.

19. astinus4

astinus4 Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Correct.... But it wasn't a penalty either; foul was clearly outside the box

20. Lockeroom

Lockeroom Member

Apr 11, 2008
    I agree.

21. astinus4

astinus4 Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fernandinho on now ... WTF, like that's going to improve anything.

22. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    apparently if contact continues into box then its a pk

however its a fine line if contact continued into box or not

23. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sure, some players will stay and can be utilized. It just doesn't feel like we can rely on them as starters if we want to win anything.

It's not just that we don't have any world class players anymore (except Neymar and TS) but we don't even have good role players that we used to have, like Gilberto Silva, Ze Roberto etc etc. I mean if we break it down player by player they aren't good enough.

JC is playing in Toronto for christ sake. Marcelo is a huge risk. David Luiz can be fantastic but he can also be the worst defender in the world. Luiz Gustavo wasn't good enough to start for a top European team and we rely on him as a absolute starter. Hulk is pure garbage, Fred and Jo the same. Paulinho has been a bench player for Tottenham. Can go on about the rest of the players too. It's just not Selecao material.

Felipao has done such a awful job with this team really. I mean the way he motivates the team, his stubborness in the election.

We have some players that surely could have been utilized much more. Diego Costa is on him (mostly), Filipe Luis the same, he has been exceptional for some years now and we see Maxwell ahead of him?! Phillipe Coutinho has been a top top player in the Premier League, a player with tremendous talent, something that we lack. Hernanes should have been utilized more too.

boeder repped this.
  24. Lockeroom

Lockeroom Member

Apr 11, 2008
    The Brazilian system on this World Cup was Everything to Neymar and they still play the same without Neymar.

Bakaman repped this.
  25. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agree on all accounts. Can't help but think Miranda or Marquinhos or Dede would have done a much better job at CB than Dante [who's been terrible since the BM x BVB UCL final] when Thiago Silva decided he wanted a breastfeeding vacation.

Like you said, how the players have performed hasn't been unforeseen. Ramires and Oscar have been terribly off-form, Marcelo hasn't been the same since the late Jose days, Luiz plays the 'friend and foe' role to perfection, Hulk is just shit. Paulinho has been the flop of the EPL. Jo was in pathetic form for A-MG. Fred is coming from a lengthy injury. All these players have been the spine of the Selecao.

Look at Scolari this game, he had the opportunity to change things drastically in this WC 'friendly', different tactics, different formation, a 4-3-3, maybe 3-5-2, a false 9, etc. But he does 3-4 like for like subs and continues his sickening arrogance. FFS the Brazilian fans wrote letters forgiving you after the 7-1 drubbing, they visited the camp, and this is how the Selecao repays them..sad.

Imperador3 repped this.