Wayne Rooney opener, Rapids @ DCU, 6pm Sat. 7/27/18

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by AlbertCamus, Jul 27, 2018.

1. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Sorry to hear that. I have reservations about tax payer funded stadiums, but I do want the soccer ones to be successful. It looks unique on TV, with the white filed level boxes. And the steep stands. I'd like to check it out one of these days.

Sports Yak repped this.
  2. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just watched the highlights. Same as it ever was, except the disappointing outing by Howard. What a chip by Acosta! I hope this team doesn't break him...

I detoured from the Arnold movie in place of a game plan to watch Wayne's World during the game last night (for obvious reasons). My thoughts on the Rapids via that lens:

[​IMG]

JasonMa, Andy126 and Rod1916 repped this.
  3. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure how the loan biz is going for them these days - but dinner was delicious.

4. Sal Paradise

Sal Paradise BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 14, 2009
    Club:
    Jaguares de Chiapas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The mob always expected good food. Or else. Clyde and Checkers Smaldone have gone on to the great kitchen in the sky but the restaurant remains.

5. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Rod1916 How does Audi compare to the other cozy stadiums, say Providence Park or Stade Saputo?

6. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I haven't been to them. I would say it seemed less interesting than the dick. Really steep seating so everyone has a good view, but nowhere near as close to the field. A lot more "collosium" like. The supporter noise was amplified so a much smaller group filled the stadium much more than we get.

Food was horrible, made me wish for our food options. And ambiance was really not as good when not inside the seating portion. But the seats were nice and the whole stadium is in on the chants.

Speaking of chants, they really only had a few. Just kept repeating. Which got annoying to a visitor, but helped clue people in.

Pregame was not as good as Seattle where walking to various bars is easy. There were a few places, but very crowded. Cant imagine how it would be if a nats game is in play.

Rod

7. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Thank you for the description. That was interesting. I’ll have to go sometime, but I’ll need a better team. I won’t drive 15 miles to Dicks this year.

8. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Rod1916 Thank you for the review! I'm always interested in reviews of the other stadiums. It sounds like it's a bit weird, but still an upgrade over the last couple years at RFK.

Thanks again!

9. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Definitely an upgrade. Although I really miss the bouncing floor. Everything else is way better.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  10. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder