Watford v The Arsenal [PL]-14 Oct 2017-Match Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Darth Norteño, Oct 11, 2017.

1. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Anyway - until Wenger goes, this is it.

Fifty repped this.
  2. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    We'll probably finish 8th anyway

3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal F.C. announce the signing of new head coach Bruce Arena, with immediate effect. Majority shareholder Stan Kroenke is quoted as saying, "Bruce's level of ambition perfectly matches the future of this club."

BIGHMW, AEAAFC96 and Val1 repped this.
  4. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    xG map reveals how shit Arsenal actually were

I assume the 2 big chances are Iwobi and Ozil

5. footykid

footykid Member+

Jan 10, 2005
    Mississauga, Ont
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Can't even muster up a "lol".

Fifty and Furnaccio repped this.
  6. bandwagongooner

bandwagongooner Member+

Dec 9, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sucking is not a zero-sum game. Your boy shit the bed too

7. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Entire squad and wenger lack ********ing balls

8. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not surprising. Arsenal always struggle against the top 4.

AEAAFC96, Fifty and Val1 repped this.
  9. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    McManaman thought so too, but not for me. It just wasn't a penalty. What about the usual song and dance about how he can't give it if he doesn't see it? He couldn't have seen it, because Bellerin's legs never get anywhere near Richarlison.

10. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I had to drag myself to the TV to watch this game in the first place. Did some yard work, came in to relax once I felt I'd been productive enough all day. Sat down, queued up the recording, started fast forwarding after about 10mins.

There just isn't any point in watching anymore. Why should I bother, the players don't even bother. I've officially lost interest.

Somebody let me know when Wenger decides to walk away.

Only then will Arsenal Football Club be interesting again.

11. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    We needed to put JFW on right at the equalizer, maybe even before. Even the "bad" Jack might be able to beat a guy on the dribble and pass forward.

12. SaratogaGooner

Nov 23, 2009
    Clifton Park NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frankly this whole arsenal thread is killing me. Same shit we have been talking about for six years. Seriously...I don't watch the games anymore.....don't care about the club. Thats where I'm at. Utter nonsense to invest time and emotion into this 'club". However we are kicking ass in Europa!!! (but can't beat Watford) Big Club my ASS!!!

cantona94 and Fifty repped this.
  13. SaratogaGooner

Nov 23, 2009
    Clifton Park NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. Better than that. Went to the dump today and did saturday chores. Checked the game exactly twice. 45th minute or so. And then actually after the game was over only to see the loss. Sooooo glad I didn't waste my time watching. Boring, boring ARSENAL. ill watch highlights or lowlights going forward but won't waste my life watching 90 minutes of this. Have lost interest.

14. IAH-Gooner

IAH-Gooner Member

Dec 12, 2014
    Houston
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmmm. Just watched the match. Wish I could get that 90 minutes of my life back. We dominated the first half, but it was still so slow and unproductive.

Watford were much better in the second half. The penalty was a clear dive.

Can we bring back Hleb, Fabregas, Van Pussy, Adebayor, and Eboue? At least those games were entertaining when we lost.

Silva 5 repped this.
  15. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    This is what i find so frustrating about Ozil conversations.

He created virtually all of Arsenal's xG output in the first 10 mins he was on, while coming back from injury.

Yes he didn't bury a good chance - but that happens.

Meanwhile the team collapses at the back as usual after the bad peno decision.

Why do Xhaka and Kolasnic not defend properly on the 2-1?

I agree there is lots of issues but it seems strange to blame the guy who only just came on, and is working his way back to fitness.

Aaron d and thebigman repped this.
  16. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    It's like "hatch" moment on Lost :ROFLMAO:

[​IMG]

There's always one more hatch before the bottom can be reached :ROFLMAO:

17. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    The frightening this is how with 20 mins to go Watford bossed the game and Arsenal could not get any partiy

That says something very bad about Xhaka and Ninny

18. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I had a look around the blog carnage this morning and think this was also a good point

919425623075860480 is not a valid tweet id

Per played OK, but how can the club really be relying on him plus Kos, shielded by Xhaka and Ninny?

19. Aaron d

Aaron d Member+

May 15, 2005
    Wooster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Kos had to come off, we were clearly not in control of the game. It's why JW was originally going to come on. We needed something. A spark off the bench, formation switch, something.

AW sees Kos needed to be subbed, then switches to Holding. Yes after clearly being the worse team at the time, he decided to do nothing. No adjustments. Like for Like.

When you make 8 million a year, you are paid to be able to make an adjustment. You are paid to come up with an idea that will help settle the team. Holding for Kos is always a downgrade. He put the team in a worse position when they needed something from him. He's out of ideas. He can't manage in-game. Points are on him this match. He panicked. He can't do it any more. Hopefully he sees that and does what's best for the team.

Fifty repped this.
  20. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Agree - the lack of a change up in midfield was a bad mistake

I am still stunned that a player so technically poor as Ninny can be starting.

Fifty repped this.
  21. AEAAFC96

AEAAFC96 Member+

Mar 27, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Troy Deeney says as much...and I agree with him.

22. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    As I said, Wenger seems to love midfielders that are not good at particularly anything and generally mediocre at everything, Especially the 5 meter square ball to nowhere. Denilson remains his template as to the ideal MF—can’t tackle, can’t dictate the game, gives up bad fouls, no explosion,pace or power, physical prescience, can’t shoot or score, but leads league in passes and passing efficiency due to the aforementioned 5 m square balls to nowhere. He Never learns, so he will try to rectify the situation by putting the equally useless and technically inept Coq next to his pet, Khaka.

We have gone from midget ball (Through crowding the field with five number tens on the pitch, all these generals looking for army to make runs that never come) , to donkey ball (Where we have excellent forwards who can’t get any proper link play because we have donkeys in the midfield ).

The only time we were affective yesterday was when the midfield was bypassed. And then after the penalty, we gave up and we’were progressively dominated. It was embarrassing to watch.

23. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Yeah, this. If it had transpired that Watford converted a cheap penalty, and after that we huffed and we puffed but we couldn't blow the house down, that would be awful.

But what actually happened was quite a bit worse. We never put any meaningful pressure on the Watford goal, we didn't even dominate possession really.

Sepp Blatter and Jack Warner are gone now. For me, you gotta figure Wenger is the most corrupt major figure in world football.

24. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    In the first half, the tempo was so slow, and the movement so poor that it was very easy to defend for Watford.

Then around the time Ozil came on, the game state meant Watford had to push on, so Ozil/Iwobi exploited that in quick succession.

That part was good.

What was bad as you say was after the pen, and with Kos off, Watford actually bossed the game, dominated Arsenal's CMs and pushed on for a win.

That is humiliating

It's amazing looking at 2017 that Arsenal's form is excellent at home but shocking away from home

Yet its not like Watford was a huge travel.