Watching games in Rio

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by mundial, May 19, 2014.

1. mundial

mundial Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey all,

I don't have tix to the US-Germany game, and will be traveling with family. We're actually flying from Rio to SP on the day of the 26th, and I am trying to figure out how/where to watch the game. Anyone have any ideas of places to watch the game that are safe, convenient, etc.? I imagine I'll figure something out no matter what, but if people had concrete recommendations, it might affect my travel plans.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Nick

2. Billy South Philly

Jan 28, 2013
    Newtown Square, PA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Botequim Informal or Sindicato do Chopp in Ipanema.

3. mundial

mundial Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks - I looked online and found those two places:
    http://www.botequiminformal.com.br/
    http://www.sindicatodochopprj.com.br/

Does anybody know, if I'm in the Rio airport or either of the SP airports come 1:00 on the 26th, whether there is such a thing as an airport bar, where I could watch these games? I'd be fine with doing that in the US if push came to shove, but I don't want to assume that it's an option in Brazil if it's not.

4. -RNG-

-RNG- Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Since I've never been to Brazil, I probably shouldn't comment. But I was at the WC in 2006 in Germany, and the games were literally on every TV set everywhere you looked.

5. LANYCJL

LANYCJL New Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Anyone gathering in Rio to watch the US/Ghana game?

6. NordicStriker19

Apr 21, 2005
    Essex Junction, VT
    There have been tweets about American Outlaws watching the game at Shenanigans Irish Pub

7. -RNG-

-RNG- Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    For those still in Rio, where are folks gathering for the Belgium game? Still Shenanigans? Or Sindicato do Chopp? Or elsewhere?