Waseige sacked

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by BrianCappellieri, Sep 16, 2002.

1. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    TeamTalk

2. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    i am not sure i understand that. he is a good coach. i don't understand clubs that don't give managers time to build the club the way they want. stupid, stupid in my opinion.

3. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    NO ONE in Belgium understands that decision.Let me remind you that he was the national coach during WC and that we were not ridiculous at all.OK the club had only 1 point after 5 matches but I'm sure that Waseige would have qualify the club for UEFA at the end of the season.
    The problem with Standard is their managers.The big big boss is Robert Louis-Dreyfus (also big boss of Olympic de Marseille !) and the general manager is a good friend of him, Reto Stiffler (Swiss, the supporters say that he is coming to Belgium if the weather is bad is Switzerland).
    So what can you do with people who spend so little time in their club.RLD is a french billionaire so he has other things to do with his business than being in Liege every week.OK fair enough but why having put Stiffler has manager if he is all the time in Switzerland !
    Bad managers that's the problem the coach had, not bad players !!