Victims of a Campaign- The Other Footy Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by GunneRy, Mar 25, 2015.

1. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

2. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Still a decent squad for any manager to grab. Although I think Kane is honestly cooked with all those ankle injuries.

casoccerdad47 repped this.
  3. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    Another potential candidate to replace Emery.;)

AEAAFC96 and Shen-O repped this.
  4. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    **shudders**

5. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Serge Gnabry with a hat trick for Germany against N Ireland. The kid does agreat job, 13 goals in 13 games for the National Team. Wonder, what Arsene thinks now.

6. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ok, I'm convinced. We should hire Poch.

Tonerl, daedalus, danielh and 5 others repped this.
  7. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Wenger didn't want to sell him. Gnabry had a year left on his deal and wouldn't renew. It was either sell or let him leave for free in a year.

We've had this discussion sooooo many times and, to be honest, the only thing Arsenal did wrong with Gnabry was loan him to West Brom. As mistakes go, messing up a loan normally isn't huge.

8. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    And Ramsey with a brace v Hungary as Wales qualify. Wonder if a Emery and Raul have any second thoughts.

Dage repped this.
  9. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably not.

A) Most people at that high level of a position are too arrogant to admit or even believe that they were wrong.
    B) Juventus has played 19 games in all comps. Ramsey has only appeared in 8. Injuries have prevented him from being an option in most of the others.

Walia Ibex repped this.
  10. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same thing probably that he thought at the time --- that he wished he had stayed at Arsenal. Your post seems to imply that Wenger happily got rid of him. That's not anywhere close to accurate.

Shen-O repped this.
  11. bandwagongooner

bandwagongooner Member+

Dec 9, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should 100% hire Poch. It would be like Sol Campbell all over again.

daedalus and Shen-O repped this.
  12. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The fact stands: Gnabry left Arsenal to make a career for both at club and at International level.

If he wasn't good enough back when he was your player: what for god's sake did Arsene wrong to not get Gnabry transformed into the playet he is now. And if Gnabry was already showing his potential, why the **** didn't he get on the team sheet on a regular basis and thus hasn't renewed his contract? I was watching a lot of Arsenal in these days and this really was a tragedy for everybody to see.

How Wenger could go away with this is just beyond me. Of course, Wenger said that he wanted Gnabry to stay but how can anybody believe him? In both scenarios Wenger messed it up big times.

13. bandwagongooner

bandwagongooner Member+

Dec 9, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I got sent on loan to a Tony Pulis club I would not be happy about it, so I get why Gnabry would want to leave.

14. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poch or bust

15. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Gnabry got sporadic minutes as a 19 year old, then tore his ACL and was out for a year, got stuck with a bad loan in an attempt to rehab, and then bailed. Literally the only thing Arsenal did wrong here was sending him on loan to the wrong team.

Aaron d repped this.
  16. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wenger is the damn devil, what don’t you understand mebe?!?!

17. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Wait, Gnabry was 18 years old when he was getting first team games. My mistake.

18. AEAAFC96

AEAAFC96 Member+

Mar 27, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mourinho to replace him?! LOL, marvelous. It's George Graham to Spuds all over again.

daedalus repped this.
  19. AEAAFC96

AEAAFC96 Member+

Mar 27, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In. A. Heartbeat.

20. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    Yes Poch was the best manager Spurs ever had but what exactly had they won with him? Nothing, at the end of the day this is football and you need to produce results. Past results shouldn't gurantee you a job indefinitely anywhere. Since the latter half of last season they have played poorly with as bad or worse results than us. At least Spurs management is showing they care enough about the direction of the club that there willingy to pull the trigger and make a move. That's something we cannot do. If it hurts them which it most likely will I'm glad! I would love for Poch to join us!

Btw guess Micah knew what was up in his song letter to spurs he called for a sacking one month ago lol.

21. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The problem with Pochettino seems to be that the players were basically sick of him being an overbearing asshole.

If that's true, and if Mourinho actually is the one to replace him, the next 18 months are going to be amazing.

Aaron d, AEAAFC96, Quentin and 2 others repped this.
  22. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    18 to 20 is just the normal age for talents to have their breakthrough for years... It's not as if Arsenal was a stacked top team back then.

23. footykid

footykid Member+

Jan 10, 2005
    Mississauga, Ont
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Mate if you aren't going to read any response to your question stop posting.

Debut 18, injured 19, bad loan, wouldn't sign. That's all that happened literally no one thought he wasn't a player.

Shen-O, Walia Ibex and yossarian repped this.
  24. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Where’s Jitty? We could use his cynicism about Jose right now.

25. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For me it's more like

Debut 18 --> not a regular match day team member (not even bench) --> Injury --> no perspective --> bad loan --> again no perspective playing for Arsenal --> left Arsenal to make a career immediately

I think we just have agree to disagree here. And from now I stop going on your nerves with Gnabry ;)